Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴 🔴 🔴 Attention: KYC for Bounties 🔴 🔴 🔴  (Read 1057 times)
sebinator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:58:10 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 11:28:19 AM by sebinator
Merited by auliahr (2), d5000 (1), radokan (1)

More and more bounty campaigns want you to do a KYC and send them all your personal data (id card, driver's license, address, phone number...).
Guys, don't easily give your personal data away and risk an identity fraud or identity theft.

What is identity fraud?
"Identity fraud is the use by one person of another person's personal information, without authorization, to commit a crime or to deceive or defraud that other person or a third person. Most identity fraud is committed in the context of financial advantage, such as accessing a victim's credit card, bank or loan accounts. False or forged identity documents have been used in criminal activity (such as to gain access to security areas) or in dealings with government agencies, such as immigration. Often today, the identities of real persons are used in the preparation of these false documents."
It simply means that someone can use your identity to commit crime in any possible way.

What are the consequences of identity fraud?
- False applications for loans and credit cards
- Fraudulent withdrawals from bank accounts
- Fraudulent use of telephone calling cards or online accounts
- Obtaining other goods or privileges which the criminal might be denied if he were to use his real name

What Can You Do If You've Become a Victim of Identity Theft?
- Call the companies where you know the fraud occurred
- Place a fraud alert and get your credit reports
- Report identity theft to the FTC (IdentityTheft.gov)
- file a report with your local police department

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_fraud
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-fraud/identity-theft/identity-theft-and-identity-fraud

Be careful with the personal data you share online.

Thank you for the Merit, I appreciate it much.
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:08:35 PM

Thanks for this info.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:22:32 PM

campaigns do this now? quit that bounty there are more around.

though we all have to giveaway our details when it comes to exchanges asking us documents i was forced to send my driver's license and a selfie to bittrex lately unless i'm wiling to throwaway $42k in my account. i can't promise not to use them but instead i will make used of it now that my account is verified and can withdraw funds. if anything happens like identity thief i have no other suspects but these exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

Requiring us to pass KYC procedure campaign violate the very idea of using cryptocurrency. We must always be anonymous. But here we give our data to unknown persons with our own hands. I believe that the campaigns that require it should leave this forum, and never again appear here. And in general KYC - Know Your Customer. How to treat this bounty participants I can not take into my head.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:00:02 PM

Im not joining any kind of that campaign but i must do KYC procces at some exchanger. And i think is fine its for our own safety to, but yeah they should have that one policy where they gona destroy our personal information that save at their storage after they complete all validity proccess or something like that.
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

This can be a real problem nowadays and unfortunately its pretty common now for ICOs to demand KYC for all investors. You never know when your data will be used for fraud.

alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:24:22 PM

I think, anyway, all projects will come to this procedure. The KYC procedure will be an integral part of any of investment option in the near future: token sale or reward for bounty campaing. And it will be the requirement of local regulators of any country as regulation of the cryptomarket is in the future inevitable in all countries
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:25:14 PM

On the one hand, you can understand companies that want to exclude scammers from the bounty that use multi-accounts, when the rules are prohibited, but this willn't stop them, now there are already more services that provide such documents, for some money. On the other hand, really, you never know how your data will be used in the future.

Kryptonitka

Activity: 112

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:34:45 PM

I think that it is wrong to go through the verification procedure of KYC. But the company's bounty has increasingly forced people to pass it. As we must store private keys from our wallets, we must also treat our identification data. Only in the first case will we lose money, and in the second one we will lose our identity. There are so many scams on the Internet !!!

tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:37:33 PM

I think, anyway, all projects will come to this procedure. The KYC procedure will be an integral part of any of investment option in the near future: token sale or reward for bounty campaing. And it will be the requirement of local regulators of any country as regulation of the cryptomarket is in the future inevitable in all countries
So why such a campaign is needed? What will you say when one day you will see on the forum topic, which will sell your personal information?
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

I just said in another thread how incredibly stupid is to take a selfie while holding your ID card and uploading it into the internet. GPG is a think so we don't need to do that anymore. If ICO's cant take cryptographic proof then they shouldn't be on crypto. If they have legal problems they should host their ICO somewhere where GPG ir bitcoin address verification is enough to get involved in the project. Im not giving my dox to crypto scammers. And stay away from exchanges too. You never know where the database will end up once it gets "hacked".
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:44:03 PM

Good point. Some campaigns want KYC. I prefer to not give my personal documents to them. Better be careful Wink
RickyCardero

Activity: 358

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

I hope this theme will be strong!
I have opinion, in ethernet( without social net), if you want, you can stay anonymous.
I joined to project, complete some work, all my friends knows about yours project..and i need to compleat KYC with my own documents? No good

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:10:32 PM

This is the reason why I don't invest in ICO's that requires KYC. Because i only have my passport as my valid id and giving them a very sensitive information is very scary. And yes, identity fraud is my biggest concerned.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:23:21 PM

This is the reason why I don't invest in ICO's that requires KYC. Because i only have my passport as my valid id and giving them a very sensitive information is very scary. And yes, identity fraud is my biggest concerned.
No, don't limit yourself if ICOs asks for a KYC verification because it's the regulation in most of the countries to avoid money laundering. Look, All big and genuine ICOs require KYC because they don't want to risk themselves by raising millions of dollars.
For ICO KYC is okay but for bounty I don't like this system because here they are distributing for participants not for investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:29:22 PM

By the level of technology KYC is stuck in that time when I had to personally go to the bank and cash checks. However, even though there are significant problems with KYC,it plays too large role in the fight against money laundering, terrorism financing and fraudulent transactions.
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

If that's hows it going to be I will quit doing bounties. What is the reason behind it?

As we all know many bounties/ICO's are not created by the most trustworthy person's and I'm sure there are people who would sell your info in a blink of an eye for the right amount.
minldem

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:36:46 PM

I am also against this. Not all bounties ask for kyc thankfully and for me this not looks professional for them. Only for few, I can understand this motive. The ones which have long campaign period and good road map and if they are supported by professionals, I can give kyc but I don't trust rest of them.
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

No, don't limit yourself if ICOs asks for a KYC verification because it's the regulation in most of the countries to avoid money laundering. Look, All big and genuine ICOs require KYC because they don't want to risk themselves by raising millions of dollars.
For ICO KYC is okay but for bounty I don't like this system because here they are distributing for participants not for investors.
it is right, some project need KYC from investor because they don't want problem to come in their project because of some country that not let their people to join ICOs. that is why KYC needed so they know from where their investor come. about bounty maybe to minimalize multi account

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:47:01 PM

KYC + Cryptocurrency = Government

Honestly KYC I personally think it's shit...
Like crypto is meant to be anonymous and have control.
ICO that need KYC may be due to regulations of government.
Always keep your identity safe. As you never know what can they do with it.
Sell it to data companies?
Sell it at darknet?
Always check the project you're giving your identity with and read their privacy policy before giving it out as mention above this is a very good informed post. Whatever it is people will try to make money this is one of the way. KYC is shit.

-Peace-
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: