Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:30:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴 🔴 🔴 Attention: KYC for Bounties 🔴 🔴 🔴  (Read 1058 times)
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:52:40 AM

KYC is good but bounties should really specify if they need it not before hand.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
CoinMaker7

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:55:01 AM

thanks for the heads up

More and more bounty campaigns want you to do a KYC and send them all your personal data (id card, driver's license, address, phone number...).
Guys, don't easily give your personal data away and risk an identity fraud or identity theft.

What is identity fraud?
"Identity fraud is the use by one person of another person's personal information, without authorization, to commit a crime or to deceive or defraud that other person or a third person. Most identity fraud is committed in the context of financial advantage, such as accessing a victim's credit card, bank or loan accounts. False or forged identity documents have been used in criminal activity (such as to gain access to security areas) or in dealings with government agencies, such as immigration. Often today, the identities of real persons are used in the preparation of these false documents."
It simply means that someone can use your identity to commit crime in any possible way.

https://i.imgur.com/JK2bpVd.png

What are the consequences of identity fraud?
- False applications for loans and credit cards
- Fraudulent withdrawals from bank accounts
- Fraudulent use of telephone calling cards or online accounts
- Obtaining other goods or privileges which the criminal might be denied if he were to use his real name

What Can You Do If You've Become a Victim of Identity Theft?
- Call the companies where you know the fraud occurred
- Place a fraud alert and get your credit reports
- Report identity theft to the FTC (IdentityTheft.gov)
- file a report with your local police department

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_fraud
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-fraud/identity-theft/identity-theft-and-identity-fraud

http://www.experian.co.uk/blogs/consumer-advice/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/costs-of-identity-fraud.jpg

Be careful with the personal data you share online.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:20 AM

Although KYC can prevent multiple account user participants to a certain extent.
However, these reward managers and the ICO team cannot guarantee the safety of our KYC data, so it is dangerous for me to submit the information.

bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:32:29 AM

second that. dont share kyc for bounties as you are not token buyer.

coin0101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:38:59 AM

great  info thanks for sharing this

More and more bounty campaigns want you to do a KYC and send them all your personal data (id card, driver's license, address, phone number...).
Guys, don't easily give your personal data away and risk an identity fraud or identity theft.

What is identity fraud?
"Identity fraud is the use by one person of another person's personal information, without authorization, to commit a crime or to deceive or defraud that other person or a third person. Most identity fraud is committed in the context of financial advantage, such as accessing a victim's credit card, bank or loan accounts. False or forged identity documents have been used in criminal activity (such as to gain access to security areas) or in dealings with government agencies, such as immigration. Often today, the identities of real persons are used in the preparation of these false documents."
It simply means that someone can use your identity to commit crime in any possible way.

https://i.imgur.com/JK2bpVd.png

What are the consequences of identity fraud?
- False applications for loans and credit cards
- Fraudulent withdrawals from bank accounts
- Fraudulent use of telephone calling cards or online accounts
- Obtaining other goods or privileges which the criminal might be denied if he were to use his real name

What Can You Do If You've Become a Victim of Identity Theft?
- Call the companies where you know the fraud occurred
- Place a fraud alert and get your credit reports
- Report identity theft to the FTC (IdentityTheft.gov)
- file a report with your local police department

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_fraud
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-fraud/identity-theft/identity-theft-and-identity-fraud

http://www.experian.co.uk/blogs/consumer-advice/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/costs-of-identity-fraud.jpg

Be careful with the personal data you share online.
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:53:30 PM

Yes, the question of personal data is very serious. If the project requires the passage of KYC to receive a reward for participating in the campaign bounty, then this can already cause alertness. Providing scans of documents in order to get their pennies is an unreasonable risk.
sebinator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:27:33 AM

Thanks for the +Merit.
More people need to know about this risk as many of them still are giving away their IDs for airdrops or Telegram bounties.
kakawin

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:06:38 PM

Thanks for the +Merit.
More people need to know about this risk as many of them still are giving away their IDs for airdrops or Telegram bounties.
In my country it often happens that intruders on the basis of scanned copies of passports receive a loan. As a result, the owner of documents suffers, he either pays out a loan or conducts a lawsuit for his rightness. I believe that the provision of a driver's license for KYC is acceptable, it is dangerous to provide a passport.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:17:04 PM

Creating an awareness by putting things out there in black and white, has really brought home the risks involved in blindly joining campaigns and bounties, trusting them with all or any personal information. Identity theft cheats one on many levels, financial, psychological, personal and emotional. Awareness and caution can avoid unnecessary trauma, and i think most everyone reading thanks you for the same.
sebinator (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:24:45 PM

Thanks for the +Merit.
In my country it often happens that intruders on the basis of scanned copies of passports receive a loan. As a result, the owner of documents suffers, he either pays out a loan or conducts a lawsuit for his rightness. I believe that the provision of a driver's license for KYC is acceptable, it is dangerous to provide a passport.

This issue is given in many other countries. Even uploading your driver's license is dangerous as it is accepted as identity verification for many governmental and private institutions.
pergola

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:48:05 PM

Thanks for the +Merit.

This issue is given in many other countries. Even uploading your driver's license is dangerous as it is accepted as identity verification for many governmental and private institutions.
This is true, even giving a driver's license can bring big problems. In my opinion, the requirement of passing KYC may be appropriate only for investors, but not for bounty hunters.

imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

Even if the reward is very tempting, I will not give my documents that easy. People should keep in their mind that their personal information is a precious as their life so don't ever let anyone have it especially in this cryptocurrency world.
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:35:36 AM

Thanks for the +Merit.

This is true, even giving a driver's license can bring big problems. In my opinion, the requirement of passing KYC may be appropriate only for investors, but not for bounty hunters.

I don't think just diver license is that important, at least in my country. But when you send everyihng wit selfie that means something.
Even investors should be careful about it. I wouldn't do that for just some bounty.
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:37:52 AM

For Airdrop, giving your valid identification details is scary. For bounty, if the project is legit and the developer are well known and respectable individual in other businesses, then I think it is safe.  

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:48:56 AM

To be honest I don't understand why do bounty campaigns require KYC for participants. I know that ICO projects may be asked by regulators to provide information about contributors, but not bounty members. Frankly I hate situations when a bounty campaign recuires to get through KYC after the work is already done.

mrPix

Merit: 29

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

KYC + Cryptocurrency = Government

Honestly KYC I personally think it's shit...
Like crypto is meant to be anonymous and have control.
ICO that need KYC may be due to regulations of government.
Always keep your identity safe. As you never know what can they do with it.
Sell it to data companies?
Sell it at darknet?
Always check the project you're giving your identity with and read their privacy policy before giving it out as mention above this is a very good informed post. Whatever it is people will try to make money this is one of the way. KYC is shit.

The first identity is a  hundred percent true!
I still hope that anonymous currencies will progress day by day. Crypto is about lack of freedom, though money hunters of'course are))
sebinator (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:36:18 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 11:48:24 AM by sebinator

There are still bounty campaigns which require you to do a KYC. And if there are scams even in ICOs, there will also be scams in bounty campaigns. Even if the project looks promising, there should be a passage in the "general conditions/terms" that they are gonna remove your data after verification. But those bounty campaigns appear to be quite scarce.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:41:22 PM

Thanks for the helpful information, but as you well know, almost all ICO projects require KYC to pass through when investing in it. What now, do not invest anywhere?

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

Yes! I said for a long time that you should not share your data on the network, because it's very dangerous, then no money and tokens will be able to help you if you suddenly get into any kind of trouble due to the fact that you have merged your data into the network
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:49:11 PM

I appreciate your comments, but many times we need to adhere to the rules mentioned. And if you want to participate in the bounty campaign, take risk (if any).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: