Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Age of ICO's is coming to an End  (Read 248 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:59:54 PM

For the past 2 weeks, news is flooding out on how governments, China, U.S, India, and etc are getting exceptionally aggressive to all things crypto, from the way they are traded, to how they are distributed. That's a very short period of time of big actions, more sentiments than we have seen in the past 4-6 years combined. 

ICO's golden age is coming to and end, i predict by middle-end of this year, coming into 2019 we are going to see vast and heft regulations coming at cryptos.

The rise of privacy-based coins is coming to avoid further unprecedented actions towards decentralized institutions. What i'm taking away from all this, is governments see crypto's as a threat to their current system structures, no doubt backed by banks, the ability for a poor man in India to become a Millionaire is something that will not be tolerated. That's my opinion.

What we will be seeing more of in the future is XRP clones, with centralized and manipulated infrastructures.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StochasticOrder

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:11:16 PM

I don’t know if I would refer to the current phase as the “Golden Age”, it’s more like the initial growth phase. We have seen a huge spam of trash altcoins and scamcoins that offer no real utility or value. This has been part of the growing pains as the market matures, and the maturation will likely bring a slowdown in the number of ICOs with an increase in their quality. The next phase in the market is making crypto currencies mainstream so that the average investor can invest in something they understand. During this next phase I believe we will see a new altcoin(s) arise that will address these issues and lead to a crypto that has real intrinsic value that also has the capability to make crypto tangible to the mainstream individual.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:19:29 PM

ICO's golden age is coming to and end, i predict by middle-end of this year, coming into 2019 we are going to see vast and heft regulations coming at cryptos.
Anyway, it is full of ICO's who are still applying the SEC regulations just like it is happening with LOCI right now, they are just following step by step of what the sec is telling them to do.
There are some who are bullshit, but this one is legit because they are just doing whatever the sec says.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:22:17 PM

For the past 2 weeks, news is flooding out on how governments, China, U.S, India, and etc are getting exceptionally aggressive to all things crypto, from the way they are traded, to how they are distributed. That's a very short period of time of big actions, more sentiments than we have seen in the past 4-6 years combined. 

The rise of privacy-based coins is coming to avoid further unprecedented actions towards decentralized institutions. What i'm taking away from all this, is governments see crypto's as a threat to their current system structures, no doubt backed by banks, the ability for a poor man in India to become a Millionaire is something that will not be tolerated. That's my opinion.

What we will be seeing more of in the future is XRP clones, with centralized and manipulated infrastructures.

I can agree with you somehow, but still I'm sure that we will see in 2018 few times more ICO's than 2017.
And most of them will be successful projects with already working products.
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

ICOs will never end because most of them accept the option to pay with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and is almost impossible to stop people from transferring bitcoin to any investment they want. But of course the ICO's will lose strength because countries are prohibiting their citizens to invest in ICO, or at least deeming they illegal, so they could not count on the legal system if things goes wrong. Of course the legit projects always will find a way to rise their funds and thrive no matter what.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:28:30 PM

Could be! But I think it hasn't come to an end yet. In my opinion, the golden has just began! The news from goverments might be an issue and the ICOs might have a hard time, but I think it can't stop the ICOs. The country banning is bad, indeed. But still, people will find a way to invest in it. Especially since cryptocurrencies market aren't regulated by anyone, any city, or any country. And on top of all it's a decentralized market. They don't really have a strenght over it.
Hazeey

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:36:32 PM

I'm not so sure that I see it as "countries don't want poor people to get rich" I think it's more along the lines of them wanting to protect consumers. More often than not ICOs are scams that run away with your money with no intention of ever having a working product. No one wants scammers to get rich. The issue right now is the quality of projects. Everyone is jumping on the get rich quick scheme of making a new coin then having an ICO

https://stakeunited.com/stixx
cryptoking710

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:46:46 PM

I can see more private equity firms start looking at getting a controlling stake of a new coin before it if ever goes to ICO. They could cherry pick the best ones for themselves before the general public gets a look in.

HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

I can see more private equity firms start looking at getting a controlling stake of a new coin before it if ever goes to ICO. They could cherry pick the best ones for themselves before the general public gets a look in.
Even with private firms looking into private sales with projects, the ICO's will still exist for the public. most developers want more money, it doesn't matter how much they get from private firms.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:18:58 PM

They are scared because they are losing control of the narrative, they thought bitcoin was done for after the crash it suffered some years ago and they thought bitcoin will never get to 1000 dollars again but in the previous year not only bitcoin surpassed that price but destroy it and bitcoin was not alone since most altcoins grew even more, governments are getting nervous that the growth in cryptocurrencies is a sign of their weakening economies and that is why they are taking steps to slow down the market.
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:36:40 PM

You can check the market trends, possible highs & lows, ICO reviews & ratings before investing at:

www.cryptorated.com

Good luck!
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:39:47 PM

I don't think ICOs will end any time sooner, There has been many good new ICOs coming from the real companies like Kodak, Iphone, Telegram and few others as well.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:02:13 AM

ICOs to me were already on their way out or at least reduced in number and asking sizes which is a good thing for investors. However state backed cryptocurrencies is a whole other beast and I think it would be incredibly short-sighted for governments to launch them not to mention they go against everything crypto stands for.

Voidlocke

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:04:19 AM

Maybe is the end of the crap and scam ico's I don't see why people with a good bussines oportunity would deny their ICO.
paoad

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:08:12 AM

I think that if this is the case and they are trying to "regulate" the ICO market, this is probably positive.

Given on how many scam ICO are free out there, we can only benefit from a regulation.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1655593
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:08:34 AM

This form always reverts to US and China laws etc. you need to understand that cryptocurrencies are world wide and the USA is not the only country in the world and don't control other countries either.

Even if those countries you mention regulat or stop ICO's there are plenty more countries that haven't regulated or stopped them and all they would do is run the ICO from that country it isn't regulated in.

My country at this time has no regulation or laws regarding ICO's.

In my opinion it is still going to take a lot of time for ICO's to die out definitely with all the new money coming into crypto. Everyone wants to earn that big money fast so they will continue to pump money into these ICO's for the winning chance of getting rich.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:10:36 AM

In my own opinion I think it will be but somehow as you said it is a little steps to be done by. Many ICO's are really coming every now and then and we may not know who are the good and scam ICO's presenting their products. Hope that ICO that coming every year is numbered or their is a rule that they should follow so that investors don't doubt investing for the project.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:34:22 AM

You are right.... crypto currency will be regulated in the future. The same thing with ICO too. ICO will be regulated in the future with many project already building platform for that. I think right now it's already on it's way to regulation because many if not all ICO will require you to do KYC before joining the sale that's the length regulation can go. But i don't see the end of ICO rather I see the beginning of new era of ICO
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:54:18 AM

There were way too many ICOs. 3rd generation blockchains like Cardano and Aion will play a big role in 2018.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:09:11 AM

Yes, I think so.
Perhaps ICO and crypto have missed the best of times, and the government will never allow a group of poor people to make a fortune. They will all limit the encryption of money markets. So the government will make  a lot of things that can be modified, so-called tokens using blockchain technology.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: