Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any sympathy for an ex-gambler who lost 2.15 BTC?  (Read 3068 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:09:02 PM

I would first like to say that this is NOT a loan request, but rather an attempt to get people to help me recoup my gambling losses.

Everything started at..obviously SD, I was not an active gambler at all, till I sent 0.01 BTC to less than 3000 for the very first time on SD and won 0.21 BTC(I've only played there two or three times, but don't like constantly sending txes with fees), after that I played on PrimeDice and Coinroll.it where I lost the significant amount of my Bitcoins.

At this point if you are like "Ok, but what have you contributed to Bitcoin?", I've solo mined two blocks in 2011 June with a single 5850(5870+5850 on the next)and wrote this(for which I have not received a single donation; you can use the wayback machine to verify I have not changed my donation address) and this and not too while ago exposed this attack vector on PrimeDice and had this idea which I thought of independently from other ideas.

And if now you are like "Ok, have you learned any lessons?", well like many people I'd say yes I did, I've not gambled since then and have blocked every major dice game via the hosts file in Windows.

No sympathy? I am not forcing you to donate, you can just ignore this thread and go about as usual, there are more interesting things happening right now than this Smiley I am the one responsible for losing my BTC and via mining XPM I have only recouped 0.04 BTC total. If the mods think this thread is inappropriate or in the wrong forum, please move it Smiley

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 07:42:51 AM

Its good that you nipped your gambling in the bud. some people gamble away their entire income, even future earnings via loans just because they can't break that cycle.  There are people who even don't feed their children properly because they spend it on gambling,  its a downward spiral without self control.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:26:39 PM

I've seen the bad side of gambling a few times. More so recently. I won't mention names, but within the week a person took out 50btc from coinbase without having the money to back it in their bank account.

They then proceeded to gamble with it on a dice website. They thought it was harmless until they lost it all. In a panic they started to contemplate suicide, taking out loans, and etc. They eventually decided to take more BTC out of coinbase without having the money to back it and attempt to win their losses back. Thankfully, for many people's sake, they did indeed win back their 50btc loss, plus a couple btc extra. Still though, that's some destructive behavior and had they lost again who knows what may have happened.

Be careful when gambling- If you cannot handle it, get out while you can.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:32:54 PM

I also lost 0.5 BTC on primedice yesterday.  Undecided

http://gyazo.com/93dbee19fdb5280978d7a9c52ed30e48.png
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:34:21 PM

Possibly because of this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253144.0

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:36:42 PM

Sorry but no.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
HollowIP

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:38:01 PM

Each and every time I get my profit to 0.5 on just-dice I lose it. Happened at least 4 times. haha, next time imma withdraw when I hit 0.45 Tongue

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:38:51 PM

Agreed it's rigged somehow, otherwise i don't think anyone will lose 50/50 7-8 times in a row or win small bets and loose a big one at 90% (Happend to me).

Each and every time I get my profit to 0.5 on just-dice I lose it. Happened at least 4 times. haha, next time imma withdraw when I hit 0.45 Tongue

Same on primedice, i started playing with their free 0.0001 and got 0.001 then lost half of it, then played again and lost all at 93%.
C10H15N

Activity: 811

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

I feel bad for anyone caught up in a self destructive addiction.   Sad

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
HollowIP

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:51:11 PM

I don't think its rigged at all. As for gambling goes, these games go under the most criticism and peer review than anything you can find. Even if there was a chance its rigged, it's still far better odds than anything you could ever find.

These numbers are random, you just cannot predict what will come next, though its unfortunate that unlucky streaks happen, it must otherwise it would be even more fishy. Binomial Distribution dictates that the more you 'roll' or play, the more likely you will find things not always happening 100% as they should. The longer you play the more losing or winning streaks you will find.

For example, the other day I had 20 losses,, then 1 win, then 10 more losses in a row all on 44%. This would seem weird had it been my first streak (though, thats still possible) but considering I had rolled 80,000 times beforehand, this was expected eventually.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:52:51 PM

I feel bad for anyone caught up in a self destructive addiction.   Sad

Bitcoin Gambling isn't a bad thing but some new site owners wants to get rich quickly by doing scams by fooling peoples and saying it's "Provable Fair".
/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:58:34 PM

I don't think its rigged at all. As for gambling goes, these games go under the most criticism and peer review than anything you can find. Even if there was a chance its rigged, it's still far better odds than anything you could ever find.

These numbers are random, you just cannot predict what will come next, though its unfortunate that unlucky streaks happen, it must otherwise it would be even more fishy. Binomial Distribution dictates that the more you 'roll' or play, the more likely you will find things not always happening 100% as they should. The longer you play the more losing or winning streaks you will find.

For example, the other day I had 20 losses,, then 1 win, then 10 more losses in a row all on 44%. This would seem weird had it been my first streak (though, thats still possible) but considering I had rolled 80,000 times beforehand, this was expected eventually.

That's their game plan lol.
People can not predict and think it's their bad luck but actually they fool peoples and grow their money.
There's NO fucking way someone can loose more than 5 times in a row at 50/50. Also why it happend when guy was betting high amounts only.

HollowIP

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:03:58 PM

That's their game plan lol.
People can not predict and think it's their bad luck but actually they fool peoples and grow their money.
There's NO fucking way someone can loose more than 5 times in a row at 50/50. Also why it happend when guy was betting high amounts only.

Yes, its completely possible to lose 5 times in a row at 50/50. There's been much much math done about it and you can find it anywhere on the internet.

/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:26:24 PM

Yes, its completely possible to lose 5 times in a row at 50/50. There's been much much math done about it and you can find it anywhere on the internet.

do you even know what will be chances of happening that on a gamble site.

Ps: fuck math use common sense.

HollowIP

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

Chances are pretty good mate.

Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:17:53 PM

0.5 ^ 5 = 0.031 aka 3.1%

its possible.

001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:18:12 PM

Sorry but no.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
HollowIP

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

0.5 ^ 5 = 0.031 aka 3.1%

its possible.

Exactly, and figure there is a 3% chance your first roll will be 97or> and this happens often. 3% is almost guaranteed the longer and longer you roll the dice.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:47:45 PM

Nope.

No sympathy whatsoever.  No scorn, either, though.

It is what it is.
danyy

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:26:27 PM

You have to play with money that you need. Because if you have fear to lose it, you will lose it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: