Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] How to Ship ANYWHERE via trackable USPS-Literally THE CHEAPEST (0.03BTC)  (Read 8909 times)
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:10:09 AM

I tried first class international shipping when it first became available through Paypal. Out of 4 packages, 1 took 3 weeks, 2 took over 6 weeks to arrive, 1 was totally lost. The lost shipment was to the UK, one of the 6+ week deliveries was to Canada.  I stick to Priority now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:22:42 AM

I guess we have a winner-in a way. Rates via my method are sometimes cheaper. All it involves is charging a certain price for something on eBay and having the recipient buy it (pay for shipping). Or, if you want to do it yourself, you just use another eBay account and set up a PayPal account with a "virtual credit card" since one is required for a PayPal account anyway. You sell from that account and buy with your real account (the one a real card is tied to or at least has a balance in it). What I covered up was "Pitney Bowes". PayPal has a shipping agreement with USPS. And as was mentioned earlier, PayPal essentially is eBay (they are owned by the same entity). Since you're using eBay, PayPal gives you better rates on shipping in certain instances (honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them).
The idea, too, was to have the buyer easily pay for shipping. Using your method you'd have to set up an invoice and send it to the buyer if you were to take payment in the form of PayPal.
One might bring up the issue of "fees" on eBay. Unless you are a serious seller on eBay, you are allowed plenty of "Buy it Now" listings each month, at no charge. You are charged a final value fee, but if you set an item up as "Buy it Now" and make it a quarter (you could probably even make it a cent, I've never tried), your final value fee isn't much ; )
And you can't say this involves "abuse" of eBay. Who cares if you want to sell an item for 25 cents with free international shipping? No rules against that.

I appreciate your work in actually showing me the fruits of your labor...instead of reading the fine print on USPS.com all day and throwing useless technicalities at me (you can't ship to Africa? Damn.) . I humbly applaud you.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:26:15 AM

No chance for something similar for Canadians? Sad
I'm sure there is. Although obviously it wouldn't be through USPS. The method just involves "manipulating" eBay, if you will. If you can buy international postage via eBay Canada, I'm sure you can get it for cheap through them, too. Give it a try, let us know.

This was "the method". I suppose its universally applicable to eBay Canada, Australia, etc. (although probably not Somalia, as has been pointed out, unfortunately ; (
This method revolves primarily around manipulating eBay (or "feeBay", in which case it makes me happy to do). I'll list the method in steps.
1. An eBay and PayPal account (both free) are required.
2.  Considering you are accepting PayPal as payment for shipping instead of Bitcoins, its quite easy (If you want to accept Bitcoins, you can set up another eBay and PayPal account. Create a virtual card for free-this works just like a credit card which is needed for a PayPal account: <https://www.mangomoney.com/what-is-mango>. Sell the item with the secondary eBay/PayPal account and buy it with your [primary] real account for 99 cents-or less even-lol, free shipping obviously, and proceed to purchase the postage on eBay.) Simply make a "dummy listing". Make it for the amount you want to charge your buyer for shipping (plus some since you will be charged the final value fee-this can automatically be deducted from your PayPal balance so its quite easy). Have your buyer buy the dummy listing (shipping will be covered, plus whatever you added in order to cover eBay fees or even make a profit).
4. If your buyer is paying for shipping directly by buying the dummy listing, be sure to list the dummy item directly prior to when they're ready to pay, or just list some ridiculous item that no one would pay even 99 cents for lol.
5. When listing the item, obviously make domestic or international shipping available (depending on where you are shipping) for free. Not to confuse things, but if you want, if the buyer is buying the dummy listing directly, you can charge less for the item and more for shipping. eBay fees are so hard to figure out that you could possibly be saving a bit of money this way.
6. Now that an item has been purchased with PayPal on eBay, you can use their incredibly reduced-rate shipping (take that, eBay)!
7. As soon as the item is paid for, next to it will be the option to "print shipping label". Make sure you choose "USPS First Class International (or not if its domestic) Package/Parcel Post".
8. Weigh your package and select the corresponding amount. To keep international shipments cheaper (and help your buyer avoid taxes/duties), list the item for less than its actual value and choose "Gift". Also, as far as descriptions go, be vague. For example, if I'm sending a coin/silver round, I list the item as "Collector's Edition Disk" (not even really lying!). Making it appear as though what is inside is of lesser value than it really is must help thwart theft, too (not that I have EVER had a problem with that).
9. Proceed and pay for shipping. Print your label out. If it is international, be sure to sign and date it. Affix the label to your package.
10. If your package is less than 13oz (even if it is international), stick it in one of those blue mailboxes and you're done! If it is over 13oz, just go to the Post Office and hand it to a clerk…you're done!

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:11:25 AM

You guys are just .03 BTC away.
If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  

"End to End" tracking IS available. So you are wrong. No, maybe not to parts of Africa (too bad because I have tons of customers from Malawi), but to certain "first world" countries.

So really have some pretty bad logic there.  You have been proven wrong even with your own writing and still are calling others wrong.  

ANYWHERE <> "certain first world countries"
I already gave you credit for being the "Technicality King". Also, I am just taking your word on that...I'm convinced I'm able to ship to just about every country in the world, but listing the countries I can't ship to might give you a clue as to the method (not like you'd figure it out anyway though).  I'd be curious to see how often the average person mails anything to any of the countries you say supposedly are not supported. I for one can say that I have never had to mail  ANYTHING to anywhere on the entire continent of Africa, only a handful of countries in South America, and only a couple in the Middle East.

Also lets not be mistaken-you were wrong.

I'm done with this pissing contest. You can continue to ship the way you do and pay the [higher] price you pay. I'll use my method, the one I've been using for years, and save more than you on postage. If anyone else is interested in the way I ship, just send me a PM!

Again.  You do not know the meaning of the word ANYWHERE.  And you have not pointed out where I am wrong. 

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:09:52 AM

You guys are just .03 BTC away.
If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  

"End to End" tracking IS available. So you are wrong. No, maybe not to parts of Africa (too bad because I have tons of customers from Malawi), but to certain "first world" countries.

So really have some pretty bad logic there.  You have been proven wrong even with your own writing and still are calling others wrong.  

ANYWHERE <> "certain first world countries"
I already gave you credit for being the "Technicality King". Also, I am just taking your word on that...I'm convinced I'm able to ship to just about every country in the world, but listing the countries I can't ship to might give you a clue as to the method (not like you'd figure it out anyway though).  I'd be curious to see how often the average person mails anything to any of the countries you say supposedly are not supported. I for one can say that I have never had to mail  ANYTHING to anywhere on the entire continent of Africa, only a handful of countries in South America, and only a couple in the Middle East.

Also lets not be mistaken-you were wrong.

I'm done with this pissing contest. You can continue to ship the way you do and pay the [higher] price you pay. I'll use my method, the one I've been using for years, and save more than you on postage. If anyone else is interested in the way I ship, just send me a PM!

Again.  You do not know the meaning of the word ANYWHERE.  And you have not pointed out where I am wrong. 

Lol whatever man, you are the semantics champion!
User705
Legendary

Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:12:45 AM

This was entertaining and the whole "honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them" bit was great.  Thank you OP.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:10:30 PM

This was entertaining and the whole "honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them" bit was great.  Thank you OP.
http://www.pb.com

Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:32:46 PM

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:39:07 AM

The gangs all here

amagimetals

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:17:15 AM

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

The free market is a beautiful thing.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:39:13 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 06:05:45 AM by DeathAndTaxes

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

I provided an alternative answer upthread.  

Step 1) Use USPS website (or any click to ship service).  
Step 2) Select first class international shipping
Step 3) Ship to one of the 14 countries which provide delivery confirmation (not anywhere in the world that is incorrect).  

Get free e-delcon.  No secret or trick needed.
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:47:38 AM

minerunion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:30:44 AM

Yes i am eagerly waiting for this. Before, i used to go through a lesser efficient and more expensive route for shipping through USPS and used to track USPS packages here
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: