Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] How to Ship ANYWHERE via trackable USPS-Literally THE CHEAPEST (0.03BTC)  (Read 8909 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:29:10 AM

*Only for US Customers*

Hi everybody,

I am selling a comprehensive guide on international shipping for only 0.03 Bitcoins. This method will save you $10+ on a SINGLE shipment. It is applicable best to packages 1 pound or less.

The method is 100%. By that I mean it is flawless; it does not "break any rules", involve anything "sketchy", etc. The only method other than this one for international shipment w/a registered, trackable package costs a minimum of $23, regardless of weight. This method allows you to ship a registered/trackable package internationally for less than $10. It also serves as a means of Delivery Confirmation. Shipping a package up to 1 pound via this method will cost you less than $15.

This method can also be used domestically (in the USA). You can ship up to 13oz for less than $3.50. You can also ship up to 3oz (higher even than the weight of most "yellow bubble wrap" packages) for $1.69. Still you get tracking, delivery confirmation, etc.

The best part-its as simple as filling out a form online, printing it, applying it to your package and putting it in the mailbox (although, by US law all packages over 13oz must be handed in at the post office, not dropped off in a mailbox).

This method requires no paid subscription (like stamps.com or something) and can be used an unlimited number of times.

Obviously I cannot accept returns-you will receive the info in electronic format. But, if it does not do everything I claim it does, I will be happy to give you your money back.

If interested, please send me a PM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:47:46 AM

Johnniewalker has sent me stuff pretty cheaply and it rocks up everytime Smiley

If you live in the US do your customers a favour andbuy this guide!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 01:55:29 AM

How is this different than just reading about USPS and figuring it out from there?

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:59:34 AM

How is this different than just reading about USPS and figuring it out from there?
Good Luck.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:00:54 AM

Good Luck.

Way to sell it...  Cool

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 03:14:56 AM

I guess it is just not well documented on their site.  And it is not fully trackable unless it is something that I do not understand. 

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:39:27 AM

You won't find anything about it on USPS.com
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:51:01 AM

I think he's just referring to the click and ship software for businesses or the paypal shipping software.  It allows you to put tracking on things that you can't get tracking on at the post office so you can ship economy and get tracking because paypal requires tracking.  The tracking costs an extra 19-25 cents but because PP requires it, USPS allows you to "purchase" it from the business enterprise software (that is free for anyone to download on their site)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:56:24 AM

I think he's just referring to the click and ship software for businesses or the paypal shipping software.  It allows you to put tracking on things that you can't get tracking on at the post office so you can ship economy and get tracking because paypal requires tracking.  The tracking costs an extra 19-25 cents but because PP requires it, USPS allows you to "purchase" it from the business enterprise software (that is free for anyone to download on their site)
Not quite. That may work for domestic shipping, but not international!
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:57:33 AM

They don't teach you howto pack light and safe.  I'm assumeing this is what he's teaching among other things
Not at all. You can send a box of lead if you want. I'm teaching you how to buy domestic and international postage for cheaper than you'd find it anywhere else.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 04:15:39 AM

Actually Ebay does NOT allow you to get tracking on anything more then what the post office provides.   Ebays cheapest tracking on international packages is NOW (as of 2013) over $20.  They used to offer the small flat rate box cheaper but they raised the price AND removed reliable tracking on it. 

see double asterisk on:

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-international.htm

** Not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:18:21 AM

You guys are just .03 BTC away.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:39:42 AM

Actually Ebay does NOT allow you to get tracking on anything more then what the post office provides.   Ebays cheapest tracking on international packages is NOW (as of 2013) over $20.  They used to offer the small flat rate box cheaper but they raised the price AND removed reliable tracking on it. 

see double asterisk on:

** Not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes.

Who said anything about eBay?!?!?!   Huh
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:22:02 AM

see double asterisk on:

ebay/paypal are one company.  ebay/paypal have the exact same shipping options because ebays come from paypal. 

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:26:14 AM

I pretty much know what it the way is.  The only thing is a hair splitting on the tracking.  The tracking is not end to end worldwide.  There are many countries that are not connected to USPS tracking even with priority mail.  If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong. 

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:10:42 AM

I pretty much know what it the way is.  The only thing is a hair splitting on the tracking.  The tracking is not end to end worldwide.  There are many countries that are not connected to USPS tracking even with priority mail.  If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  
Respectfully, I am not wrong-you are. I use this method to ship more valuable goods/orders where I don't know the buyer and their trustworthiness. It has worked, tracking all the while, to countries all over the world. I most commonly ship to Australia, Canada, and Great Britain. However, I have shipped to Spain, Germany, more European countries I can't think of, Singapore, Hong Kong, and even El Salvador and Argentina.

I have sent the method to one user who inquired. I asked him to comment on the validity of the method, so lets wait and see what he says!
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:13:23 AM

Littleshop-if you are so confident, how about I mail you the shipping method VIA the shipping method? (if you are international). 1 Bitcoin says it gets there, trackable all the while.
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:31:52 AM

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight  Grin
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 09:40:31 AM by johnniewalker

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight  Grin
Lol. The game is over though. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this.

A picture really is worth 1,000 words. I take pictures of almost all of the packages I send-its like my own insurance policy. Thankfully, I had taken a picture of this one. Sorry about the size...just look VERY carefully at the upper right hand corner of the image ; )

Link to image in full size: http://postimg.org/image/xzn6b3io3/

*Also, obviously I painted over my name/info. Are they ever good things to leave out there? I did the same (paint over) to some irrelevant info, too. You probably don't even notice it. Its not covering anything that needs to be worried about. I'm just protecting "Tools of the Trade" ; )*

I only posted the recipient's address because its available publicly online. It actually belongs to a user here on the forums ; )

click image to make it HUGE

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

Still .03 if you want the guide...but it'll' be higher soon.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:25:33 AM

I pretty much know what it the way is.  The only thing is a hair splitting on the tracking.  The tracking is not end to end worldwide.  There are many countries that are not connected to USPS tracking even with priority mail.  If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  
Respectfully, I am not wrong-you are. I use this method to ship more valuable goods/orders where I don't know the buyer and their trustworthiness. It has worked, tracking all the while, to countries all over the world. I most commonly ship to Australia, Canada, and Great Britain. However, I have shipped to Spain, Germany, more European countries I can't think of, Singapore, Hong Kong, and even El Salvador and Argentina.

Tracking works on this list:

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Croatia
Denmark
France
Germany
Great Britain
Ireland
Israel
Netherlands
New Zealand
Spain

USPS may add to the list but t certainly is not anywhere.

If you ship to Chile, India or many other countries, it will not be tracked past the USA.  

DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

I only posted the recipient's address because its available publicly online. It actually belongs to a user here on the forums ; )

click image to make it HUGE

Hey, I know that guy  Wink Wink Wink

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:33:14 AM

thanks johnniewalker for the guide, I mostly wanted to use it to ship things from the US to Australia, and their is a lot of great tips. looking forward to painfree shipping!

cheers
inspiredinvestor

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:45:49 PM

Maybe you just need to switch the sender and receivers address?
My brother always tries to send a postcard or letter with this method when he is on holiday

I received FREE letters from him from Ireland, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Italy and even Egypt!
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:04:28 PM

Basically, he is saying that USPS International priority with small flat rate boxes cannot be tracked outside of USA (with the exception of canada)

https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6624

"Unlike Priority Mail Express International (PMEI), the Priority Mail International (PMI) product does not have a dedicated label with a tracking number.

The USPS captures scans for L-series labels at acceptance in the US, but foreign posts are not obligated to scan these items.  Therefore, the PS Form 2976 custom form labels are not trackable internationally, per the Universal Postal Union (UPU).  As a result, the USPS can't provided tracking info for these items beyond the US, and does not advertise items that use this label as a "trackable" service offering.

There are a number of PMI Flat Rate options available for international shipments.  The PMI Large and Medium flat rate boxes may be used for parcels and may be shipped using PS Form 2976-A (based on value and weight) with the C-series label - which is trackable to most destinations.  However, the PMI Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box, which are for lightweight items, use the 2976 (L-series label) and is not a trackable service internationally.

If an insistent customer wants to document a complaint about being unable to track Priority Mail International document a case using: Problem > Sending Mail > Send International Mail > Priority Mail International, add comments in the Additional Information section to describe the situation."

I've sold many items through ebay using small FR PMI boxes and they do not track outside of USA aside from canada. However, I mailed a couple packages to Netherlands. One with PMI which has not tracked outisde of USA, and another to Netherlands, but with First Class International. It tracked all the way to "Delivered" and arrived in only 5 days. In another scenario, I sent a SM FR PMI to Sweden and the person also received it in 5 days, but tracking did not indicate this. He confirmed that he got it by describing the package.

So pretty much, I'm going to take a stab at his guide saying "Use First Class and you get tracking. Use PMI and you don't get tracking."

WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

see double asterisk on:

ebay/paypal are one company.  ebay/paypal have the exact same shipping options because ebays come from paypal. 

True that they are the same company, but paypal has always had additional options not available to ebay (at least up until a few months ago.  I know they changed things recently and I don't use PP for shipping that often anymore and I have never used eBay with a very few limited exceptions).  I haven't used either on since the change so you could be right now.

As far as international tracking goes and what the OP is referring to, there are limited sets of countries that you can get (almost) end to end tracking for.  You lose tracking after it leaves the US and before it enters the destination country, sometimes only getting the new tracking info after your package clears customs.  There are very few countries that you can get true end-to-end tracking with even with express mail.  Among these are Canada (which is mainly because of interoperability agreements) and Hong Kong (which is mainly due to the ePacket service USPS and Hong Kong's mail service signed in 2011).  But there is usually no need for true end-to-end tracking.  Just send USPS first class mail with eDC (or eDelCon as they are calling it now) and use this website (http://www.track-trace.com/) to aid you in your tracking.  Once again, there is no tracking in intermediary countries since their services won't bother entering it into their database if it's just passing through, and in some countries you need to wait until it clears customs before the info is entered into their tracking database.

Also, remember that this is only true for countries that have signed the convention, you will note that only 100 or so countries are available.  Usually these are the countries that have adopted the standard mailing serials LL###...###OO where OO indicates the country of origin.  To the OP, I totally would take you up on that bet if I lived in the bush of Africa.  Alas, I live in a big city in the US...
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:40:12 PM

Whenever I have needed to track a package using my method, its given me some update about the parcel. It could be that its still in the US, that it has been dispatched to receiving country, that it is being processed in receiving country, and most importantly (the only thing I really use it for), when the package reaches the customer. So the way I use it is like tracking via Delivery Confirmation.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:41:18 PM

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Croatia
Denmark
France
Germany
Great Britain
Ireland
Israel
Netherlands
New Zealand
Spain

If you ship to Chile, India or many other countries, it will not be tracked past the USA.  

You can just admit you were wrong.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:04:27 PM

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Croatia
Denmark
France
Germany
Great Britain
Ireland
Israel
Netherlands
New Zealand
Spain

You can just admit you were wrong.

Why?  You are saying that I am wrong but the documentation is on my side along with other user experiences such as Sateneth in this thread.  I am NOT saying that packages are not tracked in first world countries, I am saying that your allegation of "ANYWHERE" and which would include parts of Africa and South America that are not compatible to US data. 

Anyhow your method for the US is simply to use first class mail package as it is a limit of 13 ounces and I already get the prices AND TRACKING for the USA.  This is not clearly described on the USPS website but it is there.  If you use first class mail non package you get no tracking. 

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:34:55 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 12:11:38 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Not sure what the secret is?  I used the same address the OP provided as an example and got the exact same price with the same "E-DelCon" tracking.  I guess the "secret" is to use any "click to ship" software available from any vendor and just select the mail service you want.

The claim that it provides delivery confirmation anywhere in the world is false.  Not all international post offices return delivery data to USPS for 1st class mail.  USPS can only report what they receive from the destination post office.

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

Delivery confirmation on first class packages are available for 14 countries, not "anywhere".  There is no secret you just use click and ship software (like stamp.com, or USPS website) and select first class package as the mail service if you are sending to one of the 14 countries.  If you aren't well you need to find other options because contrary to OP claims there is no delivery confirmation to countries not on the list in the link.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:00:56 AM

If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  

"End to End" tracking IS available. So you are wrong. No, maybe not to parts of Africa (too bad because I have tons of customers from Malawi), but to certain "first world" countries.

Anyways, as stated, this method has always worked for me. Never was a package lost internationally to ANY country I shipped to and never did a buyer claim to not have received a package.

I can just see the trolls pouring over the fine print on USPS.com

Like I said, this method has always worked for me. If it doesn't work in certain countries in Africa and other mentioned reasons, I never would have found out. Do you know why? Because about 90% of the time I ship to THREE countries (Australia, Canada, Great Britain). And you know what-the method works there! I imagine the majority of the customers I have come from those countries because people in Africa and regions of South America probably don't have bitcoins to spend, let alone even a computer.

So in the battle of technicalities, congratulations, you win. In the battle of real world application and utility, I win.

Also, to address the most recent comment, my method involves no "software" of any kind. Also, stamps.com is a website you have to be a member of, and there are monthly fees. My shipping method involves paying for the cost of postage, plus a fee of a quarter (yes a quarter, literally 25 cents), printing your postage, applying it, and shipping. You can do it any number of times you want, the cost always stays the same.

You guys sound so smart spitting out all the facts you're getting from god knows where (hope its time well spent). I'm surprised you haven't just figured it out yet ; )
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:10:56 AM

Also, to address the most recent comment, my method involves no "software" of any kind. Also, stamps.com is a website you have to be a member of, and there are monthly fees. My shipping method involves paying for the cost of postage, plus a fee of a quarter (yes a quarter, literally 25 cents), printing your postage, applying it, and shipping. You can do it any number of times you want, the cost always stays the same.

stamps.com was just an example.  One can use USPS website as well.

Gleason

Activity: 207

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 12:20:23 AM

If you are saying that a cheaper option is FULLY tracked end to end then you are probably wrong.  

Stamps.com is easy. Allows for quick First Class international shipping. ( And any other USPS shipping you desire. )

There is no "25cent fee" per package, so if you are shipping over 60 packages, you will cover the Stamps.com monlthy fee, and end up saving money on every package after the OPs guide he is selling. Stamps.com also gives you a free scale, and free postage when signing up. ( which takes all of 3 minutes ) .

If you end up shipping in volume through Stamps.com, they will waive the monthly fee all together.

And if you ship in high-volume through Stamps/USPS, they will also allow you to do First Class domestic mailing, up to 1lb for a first class rate of $4.05 .

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:31:18 AM

stamps.com was just an example.  One can use USPS website as well.

The shipping option [method] I use is not available as a selection on USPS.com. Don't you think there would be no need for a comprehensive guide if that was the case? Show me the option from usps.com that allows you to ship internationally with a tracking number for less than $10.

And to the person above me...60 packages? I'm a person, not a factory.

I really don't know why its the nature of people on the internet to troll and try as hard as they possibly can to disprove someone who they otherwise should have absolutely nothing against.

No one who hasn't paid for my guide can describe the shipping method I use. You guys all fail on that level. If someone gets close to hitting the nail on the head, I'll post the guide on here for free for everyone to see. Otherwise, I don't think anyone has anything to say.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:35:53 AM

"End to End" tracking IS available. So you are wrong. No, maybe not to parts of Africa (too bad because I have tons of customers from Malawi), but to certain "first world" countries.

So really have some pretty bad logic there.  You have been proven wrong even with your own writing and still are calling others wrong. 

ANYWHERE <> "certain first world countries"

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:40:54 AM

No one who hasn't paid for my guide can describe the shipping method I use.

Of course they can, it is right in the photo of the address label and available from any online shipping outlet, no guide necessary.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:48:10 AM

So really have some pretty bad logic there.  You have been proven wrong even with your own writing and still are calling others wrong.  

I already gave you credit for being the "Technicality King". Also, I am just taking your word on that...I'm convinced I'm able to ship to just about every country in the world, but listing the countries I can't ship to might give you a clue as to the method (not like you'd figure it out anyway though).  I'd be curious to see how often the average person mails anything to any of the countries you say supposedly are not supported. I for one can say that I have never had to mail  ANYTHING to anywhere on the entire continent of Africa, only a handful of countries in South America, and only a couple in the Middle East.

Also lets not be mistaken-you were wrong.

I'm done with this pissing contest. You can continue to ship the way you do and pay the [higher] price you pay. I'll use my method, the one I've been using for years, and save more than you on postage. If anyone else is interested in the way I ship, just send me a PM!
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:51:16 AM

No one who hasn't paid for my guide can describe the shipping method I use.

Of course they can, it is right in the photo of the address label and available from any online shipping outlet, no guide necessary.
I lied, last thing. DeathandTaxes-how about next time you make an international shipment you just post a picture of either the label or receipt? Feel free to blur out any personal info.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:58:40 AM

bflmarket5

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:59:43 AM

No chance for something similar for Canadians? Sad
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:10:09 AM

I tried first class international shipping when it first became available through Paypal. Out of 4 packages, 1 took 3 weeks, 2 took over 6 weeks to arrive, 1 was totally lost. The lost shipment was to the UK, one of the 6+ week deliveries was to Canada.  I stick to Priority now.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:22:42 AM

I guess we have a winner-in a way. Rates via my method are sometimes cheaper. All it involves is charging a certain price for something on eBay and having the recipient buy it (pay for shipping). Or, if you want to do it yourself, you just use another eBay account and set up a PayPal account with a "virtual credit card" since one is required for a PayPal account anyway. You sell from that account and buy with your real account (the one a real card is tied to or at least has a balance in it). What I covered up was "Pitney Bowes". PayPal has a shipping agreement with USPS. And as was mentioned earlier, PayPal essentially is eBay (they are owned by the same entity). Since you're using eBay, PayPal gives you better rates on shipping in certain instances (honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them).
The idea, too, was to have the buyer easily pay for shipping. Using your method you'd have to set up an invoice and send it to the buyer if you were to take payment in the form of PayPal.
One might bring up the issue of "fees" on eBay. Unless you are a serious seller on eBay, you are allowed plenty of "Buy it Now" listings each month, at no charge. You are charged a final value fee, but if you set an item up as "Buy it Now" and make it a quarter (you could probably even make it a cent, I've never tried), your final value fee isn't much ; )
And you can't say this involves "abuse" of eBay. Who cares if you want to sell an item for 25 cents with free international shipping? No rules against that.

I appreciate your work in actually showing me the fruits of your labor...instead of reading the fine print on USPS.com all day and throwing useless technicalities at me (you can't ship to Africa? Damn.) . I humbly applaud you.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:26:15 AM

No chance for something similar for Canadians? Sad
I'm sure there is. Although obviously it wouldn't be through USPS. The method just involves "manipulating" eBay, if you will. If you can buy international postage via eBay Canada, I'm sure you can get it for cheap through them, too. Give it a try, let us know.

This was "the method". I suppose its universally applicable to eBay Canada, Australia, etc. (although probably not Somalia, as has been pointed out, unfortunately ; (
This method revolves primarily around manipulating eBay (or "feeBay", in which case it makes me happy to do). I'll list the method in steps.
1. An eBay and PayPal account (both free) are required.
2.  Considering you are accepting PayPal as payment for shipping instead of Bitcoins, its quite easy (If you want to accept Bitcoins, you can set up another eBay and PayPal account. Create a virtual card for free-this works just like a credit card which is needed for a PayPal account: <https://www.mangomoney.com/what-is-mango>. Sell the item with the secondary eBay/PayPal account and buy it with your [primary] real account for 99 cents-or less even-lol, free shipping obviously, and proceed to purchase the postage on eBay.) Simply make a "dummy listing". Make it for the amount you want to charge your buyer for shipping (plus some since you will be charged the final value fee-this can automatically be deducted from your PayPal balance so its quite easy). Have your buyer buy the dummy listing (shipping will be covered, plus whatever you added in order to cover eBay fees or even make a profit).
4. If your buyer is paying for shipping directly by buying the dummy listing, be sure to list the dummy item directly prior to when they're ready to pay, or just list some ridiculous item that no one would pay even 99 cents for lol.
5. When listing the item, obviously make domestic or international shipping available (depending on where you are shipping) for free. Not to confuse things, but if you want, if the buyer is buying the dummy listing directly, you can charge less for the item and more for shipping. eBay fees are so hard to figure out that you could possibly be saving a bit of money this way.
6. Now that an item has been purchased with PayPal on eBay, you can use their incredibly reduced-rate shipping (take that, eBay)!
7. As soon as the item is paid for, next to it will be the option to "print shipping label". Make sure you choose "USPS First Class International (or not if its domestic) Package/Parcel Post".
8. Weigh your package and select the corresponding amount. To keep international shipments cheaper (and help your buyer avoid taxes/duties), list the item for less than its actual value and choose "Gift". Also, as far as descriptions go, be vague. For example, if I'm sending a coin/silver round, I list the item as "Collector's Edition Disk" (not even really lying!). Making it appear as though what is inside is of lesser value than it really is must help thwart theft, too (not that I have EVER had a problem with that).
9. Proceed and pay for shipping. Print your label out. If it is international, be sure to sign and date it. Affix the label to your package.
10. If your package is less than 13oz (even if it is international), stick it in one of those blue mailboxes and you're done! If it is over 13oz, just go to the Post Office and hand it to a clerk…you're done!

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:11:25 AM

So really have some pretty bad logic there.  You have been proven wrong even with your own writing and still are calling others wrong.  

I already gave you credit for being the "Technicality King". Also, I am just taking your word on that...I'm convinced I'm able to ship to just about every country in the world, but listing the countries I can't ship to might give you a clue as to the method (not like you'd figure it out anyway though).  I'd be curious to see how often the average person mails anything to any of the countries you say supposedly are not supported. I for one can say that I have never had to mail  ANYTHING to anywhere on the entire continent of Africa, only a handful of countries in South America, and only a couple in the Middle East.

I'm done with this pissing contest. You can continue to ship the way you do and pay the [higher] price you pay. I'll use my method, the one I've been using for years, and save more than you on postage. If anyone else is interested in the way I ship, just send me a PM!

Again.  You do not know the meaning of the word ANYWHERE.  And you have not pointed out where I am wrong. 

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:09:52 AM

Again.  You do not know the meaning of the word ANYWHERE.  And you have not pointed out where I am wrong. 

Lol whatever man, you are the semantics champion!
User705
Legendary

Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:12:45 AM

This was entertaining and the whole "honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them" bit was great.  Thank you OP.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:10:30 PM

This was entertaining and the whole "honestly I'm not sure what the entity "Pitney Bowes" is, but discounts seem to come through them" bit was great.  Thank you OP.
http://www.pb.com

Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:32:46 PM

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:39:07 AM

The gangs all here

amagimetals

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:17:15 AM

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

The free market is a beautiful thing.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:39:13 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 06:05:45 AM by DeathAndTaxes

You know,  my biggest issue still stands after all this dick waveing.  If this is legitimate,  if this truely gives a user a cheaper trackable parcel. Then this should be given to the community. If it allows people to safely trade overseas why try to milk $3 out of everyone.

I provided an alternative answer upthread.  

Step 1) Use USPS website (or any click to ship service).  
Step 2) Select first class international shipping
Step 3) Ship to one of the 14 countries which provide delivery confirmation (not anywhere in the world that is incorrect).  

Get free e-delcon.  No secret or trick needed.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:47:38 AM

minerunion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:30:44 AM

Yes i am eagerly waiting for this. Before, i used to go through a lesser efficient and more expensive route for shipping through USPS and used to track USPS packages here
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: