Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum?  (Read 1990 times)
OrionAlnitak

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:30:03 PM

I like ETH Better.It is supported by some big companies. Grin Grin
snipetr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:50:46 PM

Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency. It is the first cryptocurrency introduced in 2009, after that many currencies get introduced but among them very few sustain and become popular. Ethereum is the best altcoin other than bitcoin currency. Its current price is $946 as compared to bitcoin`s $10346. Bitcoin is very volatile currency, comparatively Ethereum is less volatile and stable in nature. It has potency to overcome bitcoin currency, but needs promotion among investors. Bitcoin`s volatility, increased transaction charges and ban by many countries compelling its investors to find a more secured currency. For them ethereum is the best option.
greatfariola

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:51:49 PM

We should probably create a different thread comparing BTC and XRP instead of Eth since Ripple is the bigger threat to Bitcoin than Eth will ever be..
mcguire1905

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:58:55 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are not competitors.  They coexist and solve different types of problems

Bitcoin is a currency while Ethereum is a platform for many non-cash applications and services.

While the Bitcoin community is a lot bigger, Ethereum is less well-known and younger.  However, Ethereum is inflational and the ETH supply is unlimited.  In contrast, Bitcoin is deflational and the amount of BTC ever produced is limited.

AnisahSiti

Activity: 261
Merit: 15

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:04:53 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

I think Bitcoin is better rather than Ethereum. Bitcoin The mother of coin and 1st product of blockchain

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?
I will prefer ethereum. The price of bitcoin is less profitable because I have already seen it myself through my friends. Also, more people are investing in alt coins because they are more reliable.
Mueller Layerd

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

of course bitcoin because bitcoin is king of cryptocurrency and always famous . when first time people know cryptocurrency is bitcoin not ethereum
but ethereum is not bad. just not popular than bitcoin
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:25:10 PM

obviously, I prefer Bitcoin over Ethereum because Bitcoin has a high value and is very safe, I rarely see any problems in transactions in Bitcoin. maybe the problem is just a long transaction, unlike Ethereum which is vulnerable to hacking. and I consider Bitcoin in the middle of this year to rise high, as last year
codebread

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:27:23 PM

Bitcoin has set the foundation to all other cryptocurrencies, is a way for people to invest for value. ETH on the other hand has set the foundation for altcoins as it's blockchain is widely used, it is better developed and more useful for small transactions.

They were not made to compete and both will grow, I don't think ETH will ever become as large as BTC as some other altcoins have even more potential, however ETH doens't experiment the huge swings BTC does which makes it a decent middle to long term investment.
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:27:59 PM

I would prefer bitcoin as a shell for my investment. But I would agree that currently Eth is gaining on bitcoin due to the fact that it is being used by most ICO and is a great platform.
Coup De Grace

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

No Coin can still beat the Power of bitcoin and its because Bitcoin is the Mother of all Coins. No one can even Predict its prices ,Its value are to fast and sometimes slow in moving ,But Its the Best Idea In Investing Now ,Bitcoin even beats the Value of Gold..Some people dont realy know  why bitcoin is Dumping well its just a norm and when that time comes , its the best time to buy Cryptocurrency when it dumps some are just panicking on why it is happening to bitcoin.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

Ethereum abandoned its original code and today it is called the Ethereum Classic. While Bitcoin Classic is still around the forks are no match against it. So Bitcoin is still the best crypto and not Ethereum.

MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:45:56 PM

Bitcoin has a lot of brand recognition, history and mythos behind it (who really is Satoshi?). Since the price started at essentially $0, you have a lot of stories of "Bitcoin millionaires" that pop up every time a major price point is hit.

Bitcoin is also comparatively easy to grasp. Even if you don't understand blockchain, the concept of online payment systems and transfers has been around for a while. Most of Bitcoin's adoption to date has been about encouraging retailers to accept it, making Bitcoin ATMs, etc, as well as the more fanatic members encouraging everyone to buy and hold (most people can get away with just buying some Bitcoin on coinbase and never even knowing what a Bitcoin address is.) Unfortunately its hugely deflationary price makes it mostly useless as a currency and instead just a speculative instrument.

Ethereum is a whole other beast, and people are still just focused on it as a currency/store of value. It is trivial to simulate the primary aspect of Bitcoin on Ethereum (i.e. a fixed-supply easily-transferable digital good) (see eBitcoin or the dozen copycats). However Ethereum's value is not tied to its usefulness as a currency, but rather as a gateway to interacting with the Ethereum ecosystem. Its utility therefore isn't really tied to its price or volatility, and it's been repeated many times that ETH is not meant to be a currency.

This concept is a bit harder to grasp, and is much less flashy than "digital gold". Mainstream adoption will only come once Ethereum has some killer apps that are easily adopted by the majority.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:03:53 PM by Hobo66

I would prefer using bitcoin because its more
popular than ethereum, on the other hand
ethereum has less fees when it comes to
making a payment transaction.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
coinbitrade

Activity: 714
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

I believe that bitcoin will always be higher than the etherium. Because bitcoin has much more capitalization. And, in principle, the exchange rate of other currencies depends on it. When bitcoin fell in price, these and other currencies also lost their positions. Therefore, bitcoin is better, regardless of the difference in price compared to the etherium

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Sophia Portera

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:03:26 PM

Invest in both coins as I do. I made money from both coins. BTC has a high value on long term and BTC is well more accepted by companies.
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:03:58 PM

I would prefer using bitcoin because its more
popular than ethereum, on the other hand
ethereum has lest fees when it comes to
making a payment transaction.
Bitcoin is the most used and the best than ethereum. Even if the price of btc today has declined to what we expected it will regained to become high its value. Bitcoin is on top than other cryptocurrency and ethereum is the next for me. I have been investing in bitcoin and I still believe it will be the most valuable in the future.  
Mueller Layerd

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:15:34 PM

of course bitcoin because bitcoin is king of cryptocurrency and always famous . when first time people know cryptocurrency is bitcoin not ethereum
but ethereum is not bad. just not popular than bitcoin
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:32:46 PM

While new coins, tokens blooming with each day, ETH is becoming old and obselete. There are many tokens that are better that ETH. And ETH does not have the marketing power that BTC has. ETH dev team should do something about it, or ETH will be forgotten.
BobbyZounours

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:34:45 PM

Only one advise : all in on ethereum for the next weeks and months dude
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: