Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum?  (Read 1990 times)
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

Its quite true that when it comes to potential for growth ethereum has the edge compared to bitcoin but in the recent crash bitcoin's value has dropped a lot making it much easier to buy and hold again which I think puts it again above ethereum in terms of investment options.

ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:34:32 PM

It is a given fact that recently, the value of etherium is not in a good state. However, investors should not be worried about it. It might be a risk, but remember bitcoin has already established it's name and will be difficult to torn it down and replace it with someone else. However, I can't deny the fact also that the performance of etherium is quite spectacular. So, if you have the money to spend, it would be better if one would invest to both.

maryhansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:35:48 PM

ethereum is great and it has been more stable than bitcoin this January. I think ethereum will grow a lot but it will never upbeat bitcoin
MoonHodler

Activity: 114

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

each coin serves its own purpose, they are both useful.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

Both of two coins are very high ranked coin and people of all over the world who knows about it likes these coin very much. Bitcoin gives us much benefits and facilities than any other coin in this world but its price is too high so that some people can not through the effort to investing into it though it is the top-ranked coin off all.

Ethereum is a very nice coin also and it is staying second-ranked by the choice of people and its price is not so much high even it gives us many benefits and facilities too. People who can not effort to pay at bitcoin they invest into ethereum. Main thing is the difference of price between these two coins otherwise both of two coins are very useful.
Naveenrandy619

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:24:24 PM

Currently compared to bitcoin ethereum is raising in the statistics chart than bitcoin.. Shocked Shocked
stevemichael

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

MMM EXTRA - The right steps toward your goal

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:27:07 PM

Both are good but I prefer the bitcoin over the Ethereum.
Bitcoin is old and not own by any organisation or anyone else.

MMM participants get upto 100% per month...
balamuda

Activity: 318

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:29:47 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

I use both, bitcoin and ethereum. Both have great potential and include the strongest coins, holding both will be much better.
Neglected Person

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:43:22 PM

Bitcoin and ethereum are both my favorites. But I like the bitcoin for a long hold, the eth is for short time hold. Bitcoin is gold, as ethereum is preferred as money. However, ethereum is my favorite choice.
LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:59:25 PM

Bitcoin is the currency number 1, foundation for all crypto-currencies. Undoubtedly, 30-50% of the portfolio should be invested in it in the long term. It will grow unambiguously.  Ether is the fuel. And this year it will grow too.

LeveldKrypto

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:01:28 PM

Ether is giving a good challenge, but i believe BTC will stay ahead...
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:02:07 PM

My point of view is that #ETH is for spending, #BTC is for holding. I wonder why yall dont discuss forks like Dash and other. They cost enough to be talked about!

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:20:56 PM

I put on the fact that in 2018-2019 there will be a new coin capable to give the competition to two giants and will win first place. It is quite probable this coin isn't yet even on the markets.
But if to choose only from btc or eth, then I would put on etherium.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

it's hard to choose between the two coins, my personal opinion
if you want a long-term investment, then you should buy bitcoin, but if you want a faster profit, I suggest you, to buy ETH
on trust, these two coins have the highest confidence, in comparison with other coins
Erik Fox
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

Like Bitcoin, the biggest problem Ethereum hopes to solve this year is that of scalability.

Ethereum is currently processing over 1.3 million transactions per day – three-times as many as Bitcoin – with transaction fees below $1.

However, the Ethereum blockchain can also be used to create decentralised applications which run directly on the blockchain and can cause heavy congestion if they become popular.

Recently, a surge of mainstream interest in the CryptoKitties decentralised application caused transaction fees and confirmation times on the Ethereum network to skyrocket – indicating the need for scaling improvements to accommodate popular applications.

The development of Ethereum is influenced heavily by the Ethereum Foundation and updates are deployed within improvement proposals.

Developers have proposed numerous solutions to the scaling problem, including sharding and second-layer solutions.

A big change coming to Ethereum in 2018 is the change to a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) block validation method instead of the traditional Proof-of-Work (PoW) method favoured by other currencies such as Bitcoin.

This will result in miners moving away from Ethereum and will require users to stake cryptocurrency to verify blocks instead, which could have a big impact on the value of the currency.

However, Proof-of-Stake will also allow the widespread implementation of scaling solutions like sharding and Plasma, which could drastically speed up the network and promote mass adoption.

These improvements are currently in development and some are set to launch this year, along with an increasing amount of decentralised applications and Ethereum-based tokens.
Clifford Lee

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:15:33 AM

While both Bitcoin and Ethereum are powered by the principle of distributed ledgers and cryptography, the two differ in many technical ways. For example, the programming language used by Ethereum is Turning complete whereas Bitcoin is in a stack based language. Other differences include block time (Ethereum transaction is confirmed in seconds compared to minutes for Bitcoin) and their basic builds (Ethereum uses ethash while Bitcoin uses secure hash algorithm, SHA-256). (See also: Risks and Rewards of Investing in Bitcoin.)

Roland Black

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:17:52 AM

What’s the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum?

First, it’s important to understand that there are two categories of digital coins: Cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, ZCash, Monero, etc) and Tokens (e.g. Ethereum, Filecoin, Storj, Blockstack, etc.)

Bitcoin is a “cryptocurrency.” Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are competing against existing money (and gold) to replace them with a truly global currency.

The promise of Bitcoin is that it is:

A global currency which allows individuals to own their own money (without having to rely on national banks).
Lower fees for transferring money across geographic borders.
Financial stability for people who live in countries with unstable currencies. (e.g. In 2016, the Venezuela’s currency hit an inflation rate of 800%). In addition, two-thirds of the current global population has no access to banking, or limited access — Bitcoin is changing that.
Ethereum is a “token.” What Bitcoin does for money, Ethereum does for contracts. Ethereum’s innovation is that is allows you to write Smart Contracts: basically any digital agreement where you can say “if this” happens, “then something else happens.” For example:

If I vote for the President, then my vote is official and no one else can vote as me.
If I sign my name on this document, then I own the car, and you no longer own the car.
Up until now we’ve carried out these agreements with a signature at the bottom of a paper document. Ethereum dramatically improves this model because it is digital, and proof of the transaction can never be deleted.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

In term of capabilities Ethereum leading the way, and I can safely say Ethereum is having a big gap between BItcoin for capabilities that ETH have. and Bitcoin, we know Bitcoin is quite slowly in term of improvements while Ethereum has done many significant features and roadmap improvements. Now let's say about the properties, We can see almost twice Ethereum want to make the 'flippening' but both attempts are successful, I believe it's a real threat for Bitcoin. But the fact is we must respect BItcoin, BItcoin is the first technologies that deliver blockchains technology.
rapwindsoul

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:52:58 AM

For now Bitcoin is better at storing value than Ether, thus is is better for long-term investment. Ethereum on the other hand has a great chance of taking over Bitcoin. I read some article that as of now Ethereum has higher usage per daily crypto transactions. Ethereum is a platform for other cryptocurrencies, and offers faster transactions than Bitcoin. Ethereum can be used for different applications and transactions such as transportation, gambling, sports etc. As Bitalik Vuterin (Main Developer of Ethereum) said Etherem is like an internet that offers different services and applications.
AdTraxis

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:05:30 AM

Bitcoin has higher value as it was created as an alternative to regular money. Ethereum was created as a peer to peer platform as well as helping in creating DApps. ETH's block time is however faster (seconds) as opposed to minutes for btc. ETH has so much potential but still has a long way to catch up with btc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: