Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3601 times)
putot

Activity: 77
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:28:02 PM

I dont agree that bitcoim is useless because we all know that its not.I think those people says bitcoin is useless are those people who dont know what bitcoin is.Those people who try to criticize bitcoin are those who dont know how to earn it and how it really helps to alot of people and also there are already many people get rich because of bitcoin so its not useless at all.

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EuphorichamsTer

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:30:04 PM

I have to admit that I agree with this... I have not been able to use my Bitcoin for payments or transferring to friends because the transaction fees are simply too high. I am hopeful that this will be fixed soon.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:38:16 PM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

Well what you are saying is well known by everyone but even then when everyone is earning nice income then how can they stay away from it.
Dudeperfect

Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:41:06 PM

I agree with your statement that there are many issues right there with Bitcoin but I am expecting the development over the period of time so calling it useless at this point is too early in my honest opinion. I think we should wait some more time because Bitcoin has grown too big and at this point, extreme precaution must be taken while taking even a minor decision that can affect the entire network. However, Bitcoin is still comfortable to adopt the changes and I am optimistic about the picture of next 2 years in terms of development.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:42:21 PM

I personal like Bitcoin. If you think Bitcoin is not right for you. There are other alternative coins out there with cheap transaction fee.
right mate he is entitled to choose what ever coins he wanted to invest,no ones pusing him to love bitcoin (as bitcoin doesnt care about his perceptions)im wondering why he needed to put all the negative aspect about bitcoin,whats his intention doing this.as if someones paying this guy to put this sentiments here.

OP we have all the rights for everything,specially for the coins we will suport,since for us its bitcoin w
That can make us wealthier so just be it.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:52:10 PM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

In my opinion, each and every point can happen to all cryptocurrencies. Look at eth, it is fast and cheap until cryptokitties arrived. It suffered the same problems bitcoin have.

I believe bitcoin is only in its initial version. There will be a better crypto that will be perfect as a currency and store of value. But for now, bitcoin will be the store of value. Alts can learn from the mistakes of bitcoin and could come up with a better solution. And if it happens someday, then bitcoin have served its purpose. Not totally useless.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:54:48 PM

I personal like Bitcoin. If you think Bitcoin is not right for you. There are other alternative coins out there with cheap transaction fee.
right mate he is entitled to choose what ever coins he wanted to invest,no ones pusing him to love bitcoin (as bitcoin doesnt care about his perceptions)im wondering why he needed to put all the negative aspect about bitcoin,whats his intention doing this.as if someones paying this guy to put this sentiments here.

OP we have all the rights for everything,specially for the coins we will suport,since for us its bitcoin w
That can make us wealthier so just be it.

I would love to be payed for that! I have intention, but it will be meaningless, as most people here admitted: Bitcoin is useful to support ponzi game, where one buy other sells.
gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:56:57 PM

everyone has a different opinion
I really appreciate your opinion, but there is a positive side of bitcoin, bitcoin can be a job for those who are unemployed, and for those who already have bitcoin work to be an alternative or additional income.

vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:57:27 PM

Everyone puts argument "store of value", what value? What you store?
mrcash02

Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:01:13 PM

Traders benefit from Crypto-Currency's prices in general. And after a day's work the profit is converted to fiat or Bitcoin... (A good part of it at least). Without Bitcoin there woulnd't be any other AltCoin at this point. Bitcoin is the original, the first one, it's normal people have more confidence on it than on any other AltCoin, right?

If Bitcoin succeeds (that is what it's happening), many other Crypto-Currencies can succeed as well (as we can see some solid AltCoins already).

Days work? What work? People now have confidence in other coins more than in Bitcoin, there is no measure here to tell % wise. And again, Bitcoin succeed in what? Its very naive to sit and think that everyone expects Bitcoin to succeed and than only alt coins will do.

I'm saying Day's work as an expression in relation to the trader and his "trading job". After the trader benefits from Crypto-Currencies prices to make profit, he converts the money to BTC again to keep holding. On long term holders prefer Bitcoin, instead of AltCoins that are used to make profit on short-term. Bitcoin's success is being built on long term, a solid progress being built slowly.

That is how I see the average Crypto enthusiast mentality at this point... What other coin do you think people have more confidence than in Bitcoin?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is blessing for me. But,there are some people in the world who think that Bitcoin is useless. Its transaction fee is very high and not slower etc.But, I think is is very useful

andamers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:11:30 PM

For now, I think the best use of bitcoin is to invest, not to transfer, because of its charges and confirmation.
In my opinion, BTC needs new technology to adapt to faster, more transactions
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:22:08 PM

2. Fees are high

I see that this have generated a lot of responses and its largely because it based on the assumption that you are a Senior Member of the forum. Even though you have the right to your opinion and decide to air it but I also expect that you should have been following the recent happenings in relation to bitcoin. While some of the problems you identified dont have current solutions, but the concluding that developers are just not doing anything is far from the truth because a lot are being done to address the current issue which is not limited to SegWit, Lighting Network etc.
mikan111

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:26:57 PM

I think your conclusions are simplified and somehow rough.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:29:18 PM

2. Fees are high

I see that this have generated a lot of responses and its largely because it based on the assumption that you are a Senior Member of the forum. Even though you have the right to your opinion and decide to air it but I also expect that you should have been following the recent happenings in relation to bitcoin. While some of the problems you identified dont have current solutions, but the concluding that developers are just not doing anything is far from the truth because a lot are being done to address the current issue which is not limited to SegWit, Lighting Network etc.

You are free to list that " a lot "
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:29:40 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 07:37:08 AM by bocyaj

What? Bitcoin is useless..This shows you are not analysis the bitcoin properly.The price fluctuations  is very common in bitcoin,don't blame the bitcoin by seeing the dump of price.You have to analysis the price of coin in it's past.Don't blame by current price.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sommii

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:30:45 PM

Of course it's useless. It's just a toy for speculators that waste electricity.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:32:41 PM

Traders benefit from Crypto-Currency's prices in general. And after a day's work the profit is converted to fiat or Bitcoin... (A good part of it at least). Without Bitcoin there woulnd't be any other AltCoin at this point. Bitcoin is the original, the first one, it's normal people have more confidence on it than on any other AltCoin, right?

If Bitcoin succeeds (that is what it's happening), many other Crypto-Currencies can succeed as well (as we can see some solid AltCoins already).

Days work? What work? People now have confidence in other coins more than in Bitcoin, there is no measure here to tell % wise. And again, Bitcoin succeed in what? Its very naive to sit and think that everyone expects Bitcoin to succeed and than only alt coins will do.

I'm saying Day's work as an expression in relation to the trader and his "trading job". After the trader benefits from Crypto-Currencies prices to make profit, he converts the money to BTC again to keep holding. On long term holders prefer Bitcoin, instead of AltCoins that are used to make profit on short-term. Bitcoin's success is being built on long term, a solid progress being built slowly.

That is how I see the average Crypto enthusiast mentality at this point... What other coin do you think people have more confidence than in Bitcoin?

Well I am not against trading aspect, its clear for me. I question other things that is used to praise Bitcoin. I listed 9 things, in 3 pages only was discussed transaction fee and put LN as cure of all problems. strange is not it?

Are you really believe in magic?
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

What? Bitcoin is useless..This shows you are not analysis the bitcoin properly.The price fluctuations  is very common in bitcoin,don't blame the bitcoin by seeing the dump of price.

What? Have you read at all?
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:40:43 PM

2. Fees are high

I respect your opinion, no one said bitcoin is perfect and nothing is perfect in this world, that is why we have so many altcoins, each creator tries to make a coin that tries to succed where the others fialed, and you as a user have the choice to accept them or not, the reson why people are using bitcoin so much is because it was the first cryptocurrency and they use it mainly for its price, but i would like to point out that centrelization is a thing that is always going to be there, if there is a resource or a currency that people are using and it is popular there will always be people trying to rush into getting as much as they can from it just to get profit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: