Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:09:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3605 times)
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:48:23 PM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.
I respect your opinion, no one said bitcoin is perfect and nothing is perfect in this world, that is why we have so many altcoins, each creator tries to make a coin that tries to succed where the others fialed, and you as a user have the choice to accept them or not, the reson why people are using bitcoin so much is because it was the first cryptocurrency and they use it mainly for its price, but i would like to point out that centrelization is a thing that is always going to be there, if there is a resource or a currency that people are using and it is popular there will always be people trying to rush into getting as much as they can from it just to get profit.

Exactly
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:53:34 PM

What?  is useless..This shows you are not analysis the  properly.The price fluctuations  is very common in ,don't blame the  by seeing the dump of price.

What? Have you read at all?
For me personally, the main obstacle to my trading is the high cost of the transaction to be paid, and my trading plan becomes chaotic. Currently I`m lazy to run trading in bitcoin, and move it to the investment section while waiting for the price to change, hopefully the price will move up, Amen.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:25:19 PM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

1. The lightning network will solve this
2. The lightning network will solve this
3. The lightning network is complex, and it must be perfect for widespread adoption
4. It is more anonymous than visa, and can be completely anonymous if you put the effort in
5. Just because there are disparities in hashing power doesn't mean it is centralized, centralized means controlled by an institution, bitcoin is not.
6. What does this even mean? If the USD collapsed, bitcoin would grow even stronger.
7. Gold has nearly no intrinsic value other than its conductive properties.
8. Cash isn't insured, if your wallet is stolen. It's gone.

Fiat has been around for thousands of years, it's time for the next generation. I wouldn't be surprised if you're not some shill.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:50:53 PM

2. Fees are high

1. Right now they do, won't be the case later this year
2. Same as 1
3. Really how they just solved something this past year and always improving, are you that impatient?
4. Sure it is isn't fully anon but is using your credit card? Right that's what I thought
5. Doesn't matter about hashing power where are the devs located? Where are all the users? You need all mechanisms to make consensus not just miners
6. Exactly BTC doesn't go by laws of economics now your getting it
7. It is, it is, and it most probably will. You can't understand the value because it doesn't make sense, it makes sense to a lot of smart individuals.
8. Okay sure yeah but who is dumb enough to not protect themselves?

You say we are uneducated shills but your argument proves you don't even know the surface of what bitcoin is. That is okay we will forgive you in 5 years time when you are walking with your tail between your legs Smiley. BTW nobody will have to support that much data, the technical problem will be solved soon enough. It may be the scam of the century or it may be the technology of the century that is what we all are going to find out now!

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:51:19 PM

Traders benefit from Crypto-Currency's prices in general. And after a day's work the profit is converted to fiat or Bitcoin... (A good part of it at least). Without Bitcoin there woulnd't be any other AltCoin at this point. Bitcoin is the original, the first one, it's normal people have more confidence on it than on any other AltCoin, right?

If Bitcoin succeeds (that is what it's happening), many other Crypto-Currencies can succeed as well (as we can see some solid AltCoins already).

Days work? What work? People now have confidence in other coins more than in Bitcoin, there is no measure here to tell % wise. And again, Bitcoin succeed in what? Its very naive to sit and think that everyone expects Bitcoin to succeed and than only alt coins will do.

I'm saying Day's work as an expression in relation to the trader and his "trading job". After the trader benefits from Crypto-Currencies prices to make profit, he converts the money to BTC again to keep holding. On long term holders prefer Bitcoin, instead of AltCoins that are used to make profit on short-term. Bitcoin's success is being built on long term, a solid progress being built slowly.

That is how I see the average Crypto enthusiast mentality at this point... What other coin do you think people have more confidence than in Bitcoin?

Well I am not against trading aspect, its clear for me. I question other things that is used to praise Bitcoin. I listed 9 things, in 3 pages only was discussed transaction fee and put LN as cure of all problems. strange is not it?

Are you really believe in magic?

Well, Lightning Network seems promising... I'm excited to see how it will affect Bitcoin's transactions.  Smiley

I believe in technology's magic.  Cheesy
As I said, the solid progress is built slowly, there aren't final solutions overnight.
It shoudln't be a reason to be against Bitcoin.

Anyway, you are free to think what you want and to invest in what currencies you want.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:26:38 PM

2. Fees are high

Op, most of the point you mentioned above seem to me that you are not current about what is happening to and crypto currency in general because i must confess that transactions fee has been less as compared to what it use to be in the past. As a Sr. Member here in this forum i don't expect you to say Bitcoin is a scam for what negative  experience you might have had in the crypto currency world. You mentioned those groups of people Bitcoin has value for and you are still saying that Bitcoin has no value.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:59:46 PM

You provide all the fact-based explanations but there is one thing I still believe in bitcoin.
bitcoin is the first thing started blockchain technology it will continue to grow in the next year so bitcoin as the first to innovate like that
I'm sure what is in the bitcoin at this time like fee and some other cases will be replaced with something extraordinary ..

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:52:59 PM

2. Fees are high

well, bitcoin still tops the CMC with a market cap of $ 186,859,331,400 and with a volume of $ 10,159,100,000 in the last 24h. If most people think the same way as you, this certainly will not happen. Since they believe in bitcoin, more people will buy it and the problems you just mentioned will take time to solve it. It is not easy to change the bitcoin system whose users are 2x altcoins or even more.
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

You are saying that bitcoins is actually useless right try to sell all of your saved bitcoins and then wait for us and comeback here after some years for sure this statement will be deleted and change into full of regretting statement. if the developers will found the way to decrease fees for sure it'll be the alternative currency in the mean time.
umrohyuk

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:22:15 PM

That is your point of view about bitcoin, and I think that people being fooled when they think that bitcoin is useless. The proof is now days there are so many people get extra income or money from bitcoin, even it is more than the salary they get from the real job. There are many people are being rich in bitcoin. The fact is bitcoin give much advantages for the economics of the bitcoiners it self.
becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:49:43 PM

I respect your view about, I think someone who think that bitcoin is useless is fooled. The fact that I see is there are many people become rich because of bitcoin. I really believe that bitcoin give much advantages for the life of them who work in bitcoin.

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
betchay22

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:05:29 PM

i believe a person to say nrgative things about bitcoin are those people who failed, frustrated and dis appointed. Bitcoin failed to met their expectations. And may be they lack patience thats why they easily give up and become tired. I can see those people with positive outlook in life benefited from bitcoin because they know everything has to be work with. They hope and believe on what they are doing. Thats why they succeed

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

Your review about bitcoin is so exaggerated, but I respect your point of view. Personally, I didn't think that bitcoin is the scam of the century as you said, is not useless at all. This period bitcoin had a lot of problems, like the increase of bitcoin miner fees or maybe the decrease of price, but, I think sooner all of theses things will be fixed. I believe that bitcoin will increase too much after some updates.
qumeijia

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:27:40 PM

I think people being fooled it they think bitcoin is useless. I fact now days there are many people get extra income or money from bitcoin. Many people being rich from their activities or works in bitcoin. Bitcoin gives much advantages for bitcoiners, it helps them to get extra money which surely more than their salary from the real jobs. I assume that bitcoin can be main job to get much money.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:50:19 PM

Traders benefit from Crypto-Currency's prices in general. And after a day's work the profit is converted to fiat or Bitcoin... (A good part of it at least). Without Bitcoin there woulnd't be any other AltCoin at this point. Bitcoin is the original, the first one, it's normal people have more confidence on it than on any other AltCoin, right?

If Bitcoin succeeds (that is what it's happening), many other Crypto-Currencies can succeed as well (as we can see some solid AltCoins already).

Days work? What work? People now have confidence in other coins more than in Bitcoin, there is no measure here to tell % wise. And again, Bitcoin succeed in what? Its very naive to sit and think that everyone expects Bitcoin to succeed and than only alt coins will do.

I'm saying Day's work as an expression in relation to the trader and his "trading job". After the trader benefits from Crypto-Currencies prices to make profit, he converts the money to BTC again to keep holding. On long term holders prefer Bitcoin, instead of AltCoins that are used to make profit on short-term. Bitcoin's success is being built on long term, a solid progress being built slowly.

That is how I see the average Crypto enthusiast mentality at this point... What other coin do you think people have more confidence than in Bitcoin?

Well I am not against trading aspect, its clear for me. I question other things that is used to praise Bitcoin. I listed 9 things, in 3 pages only was discussed transaction fee and put LN as cure of all problems. strange is not it?

Are you really believe in magic?

Well, Lightning Network seems promising... I'm excited to see how it will affect Bitcoin's transactions.  Smiley

I believe in technology's magic.  Cheesy
As I said, the solid progress is built slowly, there aren't final solutions overnight.
It shoudln't be a reason to be against Bitcoin.

Anyway, you are free to think what you want and to invest in what currencies you want.

Well this is my point, this is why it goes under scam category, because dev progress is in unaceptable state, but price grows and people buy rainbows, believe in them! This is long lasting issue.

As this topic shows, most do not care about tech and value. All what they do, is buy low, sell high. Noone even can not explain mythical "store of value"
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:33:54 AM

If thats your point of view, i will not disregard it. Every people have different aspect in life, so if thats yours i will just respect. But explore deep, think twice, and get touch of it. Bitcoin helps and do a great job in our society.
shahani

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:42:00 AM

Being a newbie, I'm just really wonder about bitcoin, of what is the future outcomes in this kind of currency, many speculative issues I've been heard about bitcoin, sometimes one of my friend saying that bitcoin is not really good and safety because of some negative issue's link bitcoin. But telling frankly, im so interested about on this bitcoin, the reason is all about on how people become stable in terms of financial income. Mostly among all bitcoiner I've known are positively focus only on what money earn from bitcoin and they are not concern on any negative issues about bitcoin.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Polipog

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:23:12 AM

It is a big no that bitcoin is useless, how can bitcoin be a useless if there a increase of people access bitcoin, and when it comes to value, bitcoin belong to the top level in terms of value, even it's price is not stable but still bitcoin is more in demand among all kinds of cryptocurrencies.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:33:53 AM

Compared to government-issued monies, bitcoin wild rides prove that there is no predictability required to act as a currency. If we remove our tinfoil hats for a moment we must recognize that the currencies are controlled for one reason. To provide financial stability.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:02:57 AM

Actually we have different point of view about bitcoins, we respect your idea but in our case bitcoin is very important to us,wherein we are assisted in terms of financial aspects as of now, i don' see things which hamperized my way of living..I just grab the opportunity that i was being part from it:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: