Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:48:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3606 times)
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

we cant please you to believe in bitcoin , you have you own believe and we respect that if you found out bitcoin is useless then you can leave it here , there a lot of users who can prove that bitcoin has future in this world .

I agree, if you think bitcoin is useless then don't invest in bitcoin, the most important is many people are using bitcoin and still invest on it because we know that our life will be better if we invest in bitcoin.
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:59:43 AM

This bitcointalk is legit here if you are struggle and follow the rules and regulations of this forum if you want to earn bitcoin it is better to first study how it's works so you can find way how to earn. to get a bitcoin and first ranked up your rank to jr member. You can join the signature campaigns to make a profit.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:04:35 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

I agree with your opinion,I think bitcoin is useless to those people who dont know what bitcoin and how to earn it.There are already alot of people get rich because of bitcoin so it really helps them alot financially so its not useless at all.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:08:03 AM

I think 9 years of period is not sufficient for the crypto currency like bitcoin to evolve to completely advance tech. I mean this is decentralised project and people around the world work on it willingly and not under the guidance of supervisor or something like that. So this will absolutely gonna take huge time to develop and serve us the best way.

The fees will keep fluctuating in between but I believe that good times are yet to come and also PS todays mining fees is really slow and trisections are getting confirmed very fast than previous weeks. I think such ups and downs will always be there, we just have to hold our investment so that this project can get funded properly and timely development can take place.
KnightinPink

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:09:01 AM

Its not useless because now one will waste thier time in here if its useless its very useful
supermandre

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

Everything you said is correct but why are we here on this forum anyway? I clearly believe that most of us started being amazed with bitcoin and the technology behind. There are many good things bitcoin has brought to this world, and if you weigh it its heavier than the disadvantages you listed. and also because no matter how bad bitcoin is, bitcoin is still the best and you cannot deny it.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

2. Fees are high

No bitcoinis not a scam because this bitcoin is very important to all  example is many company and also country accepted this cryptocurrency because this is very profitable but naturaly bitcoin is volatile value becuase this is not a currency this is cryptocurrency.
3gon

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:25:10 AM

2. Fees are high

If it is useless then why are you in this forum? As the name suggests it is associated with bitcoins. You are only saying that because the value of bitcoin is very low as for this moment.
etron

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:38:56 AM

2. Fees are high

After I examine the problem you are facing the possibility of your misdirection (shantosi) but behind all the problems you face many people whose lives succeed with bitcoin (the new rich from bitcoin) maybe the rules in your country are different from other countries (about bitcoin).
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:40:25 AM

2. Fees are high

Lot of what you say is true and well pointed, but every new tecnology needs time to achieve an acceptable level of performance: I don't think that the first cars, the first radios, the first...you name it, was perfectly utilizable from the beginning.

May be the problem you are talking about will be solved, may be bitcoin will be replaced by another coin.

But it seems to me very unfair to call it "the scam of the century".

Oh, something more: lot of what you say is valable also for usual paper money...

katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:23:59 AM

I really believe bitcoin had been created because it have a huge purpose for this present generation. And I know people in this forum really know what they are doing, seems to be nothing are fooled with btc. Do people change their lifestyle just because of this, and exactly they're doing this to adopt this 3rd world generation of currency.
Actually the question itself looks like useless, when plenty of people are getting benefits from the bitcoin why should someone call it as useless doesn't it a carelessness attitude, no way can term it as useless bitcoin is very useful for many people.
TheBlur

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:41:04 AM

Bitcoin is not useless because the people nowadays are using this application to earn money and also save for their future. This is not useless because a lot of people use it. The Bitcoin industry is growing really fast and it should maintain its course.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:23:15 PM

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

While its obvious that payments are not for Bitcoin at current stage, everyone speculates about being Gold 2.0 or something similar, what does it mean at all?
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:31:23 PM

2. Fees are high

I agree on some of your points specially on number 1 and number 2, also most users recognized that Bitcoin is not the best technologically speaking among the crypto market, there are other coins which is faster and cheaper.  Calling it a scam is an exaggerated point of view.  If Bitcoin was not  created possibly there could be no altcoins.

3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years - I somewhat agree with you in this one.
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far - it depends on the user
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox ) - possible but hard to prove because of anonymity as of now this is what conspiracy theorist would say.
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC - ECON 101 Value is based on utility and scarcity - bitcoin has both trait.
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils. - same reason with # 6
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone. - Unfair to say it to bitcoin because all coins are like that.

ECON 101? Really? The only utility for Bitcoin in nowadays is being Store of Value, its definitely not for payments. Scarcity, read #9, its not that rare.
Lukas Tarantas

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:54:37 PM

I read in the news that the developers have eliminated most of these problems and will soon be more comfortable using bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin is no longer a means of payment, but an object for investment. Like gold.

reyblack

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

Bitcoin is not useless, I earn and gain here. Some people says it is a scam but it is not, just be careful to those scammers because they are everyhere in this world collecting money in a bad way. You have to know well and identify thoroughly of who you are dealing with. Look for the legit person or trading sites to keep away from scammers.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

Bitcoin has so high fees that it will become useless,mainly for little amounts.
If one compares Ethereum and BTC fees,we have the answer.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:26:19 PM

I really think you do have a point. Transaction fees are high, some transactions are delayed (may even take days or sometimes a week,) transactions are  not suitable for small amount. However, this is ignored by users because a lot of people believe on the potential of bitcoin. A lot of people were able to earn a lot because of this, that is why people still trust bitcoin. I really think bitcoin has a lot more to improve and it will continue to bring convenience and people to those people who believe in it.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

I agree. I think you are also entitled for your own opinion. However, what I am surprised more so that the detailed list you gave is the fact that you have reached that high of a rank in this forum, which are filled with people who support bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies in general. I think that some of the things listed down on why bitcoin is useless are not really supportive enough to say that it is. It's technology is something new; it has never been seen before; and it gives a different mechanism to trade, transact, pay and deal with people in the market. I think that it may contribute a lot of good things in the trade and industry market in the long run, which would make the market even better. And for those reasons, I think it is useful.

yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:37:42 PM

every thing have advantages and disadvantages.
useless but you still here, find job and earn profit here is bullshit.
high fee but high profit. just 0.0 for fee but you say its high? bitcoin is best asset and easy to get than the other asset. no need difficult process and other to use it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: