Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3603 times)
ilya_gr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:27:30 PM

No No...... bitcoin can never be useless. bitcoin will still helpful even when the value of the bitcoin go down to the 1k$.  bitcoin is the world changer. bitcoin is the life changer of people. Bitcoin is the only way by which the unemployment of the world can be reduced. this is the only way by which we can make our self rich in the future and even in very short time.

So tell me please in that case, how we can use at this moment Bitcoin as fiat money to make different micro-transactions?It`s clear to everybody, it is impossible, now because of quite important problems(fees, full mempool, etc)

Bitcoin doesn`t have practical applicability, and strong companies understand it, so some centralised alts like Ripple and others became popular, it`s simply to use unlike Btc.
But the future of First cryptocurrency is great, it `ll be the best gold in our future decentralised economy
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:38:39 PM

Bitcoin might be useless because a lot of coins are doing the same thing better, yes, but Bitcoin is currently necessary for this main reason : it's the only one famous cryptocurrency for mainstream people. People doesn't talk about cryptocurrencies, they talk about Bitcoin. Moreover, bitcoin is the main entrance to buy others currencies.

Indeed, Bitcoin might be seen as "obsolete", but he's not that useless.

And just another thing : bitcoin is still a good store of value versus others cryptocurrencies, and that's because it have many much more people on the market. More people are on a market, more stable it will be.

Just compare bitcoin cash and bitcoin on the same price : bitcoin cash fluctuates much more than bitcoin with the same price, mostly because there are less people who trades bitcoin cash.

So yeah, bitcoin is still usefull, even if it could be replaced  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:39:09 PM

Not yet,Bitcoin is a useful thing.It is the best source of online work or invest in virtually.Many people is already benefited by working or investing here.Because,it is the best opportunity for earning money.For these thins,Bitcoin is useful.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
avoroch

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:12:31 PM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

May be yes, but blockchain is a technology with high potential. Not coins but blockchain will change relationships between people!
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

Well, you can't judge a technology that it's still in construction: any big innovation, at the beginning, didn't work well: cars, computers, mobile phones, even simple pens...
but with time, there were lot of improvements; actually, any technology is just a work in progress.
So, may be now it's still useless, but when the issues will be solved bitcoin will show all his potential.

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:12:19 PM

Well, you can't judge a technology that it's still in construction: any big innovation, at the beginning, didn't work well: cars, computers, mobile phones, even simple pens...
but with time, there were lot of improvements; actually, any technology is just a work in progress.
So, may be now it's still useless, but when the issues will be solved bitcoin will show all his potential.
Well i agree on that bitcoin is only pioneering and it is still had a great potential to be more usable in tbe near future because we are now in the world of internet.I believe that bitcoin can really rise up in the near future because it has a great potential and capability because it is now getting trend in social media because of its good feedback i believe that it will really rise up.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:38:52 AM

Well i agree on that bitcoin is only pioneering and it is still had a great potential to be more usable in tbe near future because we are now in the world of internet.I believe that bitcoin can really rise up in the near future because it has a great potential and capability because it is now getting trend in social media because of its good feedback i believe that it will really rise up.
Yes defiantly bitcoin has a good potential and capability and it cannot be consider as useless. In fact currently the users of bitcoin are very low, and that is the reason that most of the bitcoin users do not have the facilities to use it as currency in their local  area, despite that fact that they can use bitcoin online for shopping and some many other purpose, but hope that in near future when its users will increase we will surely become able to use bitcoin comfortable even in our local area for different purposes.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:15:14 AM

Yes defiantly bitcoin has a good potential and capability and it cannot be consider as useless. In fact currently the users of bitcoin are very low, and that is the reason that most of the bitcoin users do not have the facilities to use it as currency in their local  area, despite that fact that they can use bitcoin online for shopping and some many other purpose, but hope that in near future when its users will increase we will surely become able to use bitcoin comfortable even in our local area for different purposes.
The slow transaction speed in bitcoin is resulted by the congested network and that is because bitcoin is getting a lot of demand for the people in different parts of the world and that is a good news because we are now receiving more demand than before and i think that this is just a temporary effect of the massive adoption and this is just the negative effect but overall, it will change bitcoin to a normal cryptocurrency again.
Justin-Checqit
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:31:25 AM

I think calling it useless is going a bit far, since obviously the lightning network should bring a fix to some of these problems for the retailers. Of course, this'll remain unchanged on the exchanges, Andreas Antonopoulos himself has confirmed this, so the problem remains of fees or transaction times remain in some places.

We've seen bitcoin's market dominance go from the likes of 60% to 30-35% currently, wihle this is because of the other very competitive cryptocurrency projects that are out there and being pushed to crowds of cryptoenthusiasts through bounties and all sort of marketing means, adding on top of that bitcoin cash which is also being heavily promoted, another reason for bitcoin's demise is the lack of communication coming from the development team
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:50:48 AM

I am interested in point number 6, if the btc price is worth just a slice of pizza, I do not think there will be anyone else looking for btc. Btc will completely disappear.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:02:30 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.
No bitcoin is not useless it's very much helpful in Amy state it gives you and help for your upcoming future in life

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:10:43 AM

For you Bitcoin is useless, but for me and others it is not,
Bitcoin is like a paved the way for a revolution in the financial world,
just enjoy slower transactions, higher fees because you surely get more profit.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptoaxo

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:33:42 AM

As per my understanding Bitcoin is just small part of blockchain technology as a whole (like email vs Internet) Whatever goes with BTC blockchain will be a disruptive technology in the future.
Electro_wiz

Activity: 73

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

it is completely wrong. btc is the digital currency. many people benefit by it.people can rich very quickly by btc......it is the best  opportunities for doing business. So it is not right to say that btc is unless......!!

Varanida.com ◉ ↾ Building A Better Internet ⇃ ◉ Varanida.com
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:15:37 AM

I agree with every word of the author! Its value is only for speculative purposes. In a couple of years, everyone will understand that the ether is much more valuable and capitalization will show the truth.
The only thing I can say is that the op is hitting some good points, but that doesn’t make Bitcoin useless. If you think Bitcoin is useless, then it is best for you to quit than disturb others who are still interested. I’m not trying to say that we shouldn’t remind ourselves of disadvantages, but this is an investment that we are into, if you’re going to see it as something different, then you’re making a mistake.
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:03:14 AM

no! bitcoin will never be useless, but this help a lot especially for those people who are not employed, this can be their source of income.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:13:59 AM

Bitcoin is useless? Why & how? Bitcoin is the first decentralized currency introduced to the world. Its autonomous nature making it more and more popular. It rising price attracting investors from all classes. But due to high volatility, limited supply, more transaction time and more transaction charges, use of bitcoin`s in illegal activities making it less popular among new and existing investors. If bitcoin community is not going take a note of this then in future bitcoin`s popularity many go on diminishing. If any new currency get introduced with more sophisticated features then bitcoin will really become useless.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:58:24 PM

Actually, at present bitcoin has still a lot of unresolved issues, so what are you saying is in good part true.
But you can consider bitcoin as an asset to invest in and to make big profits, in the meanwhile these issues will be solved.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:19:30 AM

the truth is somewhere in the middle.

It did piss me off when i made an online payment ($60usd) last week in btc, "please send xxx bitcoin to this address, you have 1 hour to complete the transaction"............ well the transaction took 1.5days to confirm once, resulting in me having to chase the provider with proof of payment. The final result was that all was sorted out 4 days later. BTC really needs to get its shit together asap.
Dondon1234

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:32:51 AM

Bitcoin will never become a useless,  many transaction bitcoin is the number 1 used, and thats why bitcoin never become a useless,  try to understand everything in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: