Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:47:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3605 times)
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:39:22 AM

Bitcoin becomes useless if you own nothing, people who appreciate bitcoin are those who experienced great thing with this. Yes there's a problem about the fees or the speed of transaction but we must appreciate every improvements on bitcoin because cryptocurrency is not perfect yet and every coins incur problems. Bitcoin will help us move to a brighter future, so better to believe on this.
ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:56:47 AM

Well, in some points you’re right, and many people are aware... but I refuse to think btc is useless. I find btc very reliable, so I always hold half of my investment there.
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:58:54 AM

LOL. This problems you have pointed is just being ignored by its users. You know why? Because it has been very profitable, of course RISK will always be there, but it is nothing compared to the price you can get.
Big NO bitcoin is very useful if you really a believer in it and you are not joining here just to earn money and everything but yes I know that the thing that comes to your mind in joining or starting bitcoin is to earn money (and I am guilty of that too) but what I am saying here is that bitcoin is gonna be useless to you if you do not put any dedication effort at time to learn how is it gonna be useful in your life . one thing is a problem to us people sometimes is if we earn today we are ok but if something disappoints us that's the end of everything.
chizcake

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:07:11 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

Yes I agree with you Sir.Bitcoin is not useless if you know how to use it and it really helps alot of people with regards to their financial problem.You can rely in bitcoin that is why many people invest on it because they find it very useful and it is really good for long term investment so for me bitcoin is not useless and it never will.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:17:55 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.
You have your own ideas about bitcoin and I respect that. For me, bitcoin is not useless though some of your statements are applicable to me. But generally, bitcoin helps me a lot because I have patience and hard work in doing bitcoin. I am positive enough that Bitcoin is giving me a good source of income and everything I need. If you see Bitcoin in that way, then you will be really discouraged. But if you look at it as a beneficial and advantageous, then you will encourage to do it.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:32:01 AM

Well, in some points you’re right, and many people are aware... but I refuse to think btc is useless. I find btc very reliable, so I always hold half of my investment there.
Let's be honest here, bitcoin is not reliable as of now, bitcoin is experiencing some difficulty in executing a transaction because it takes a lot more time compare to the other cryptocurrency to get a confirmation and also the fee is so expensive and even though it is expensive, you can't still experience a fast transaction speed.
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:40:43 AM

Well, we all have different preferences, and as a person I respect yours. Who knows, there are those who only depending on Bitcoin and it's no big deal to you. Yes you are being concerned  but you cannot change the fact that there are those who are desperate in exerting their time and effort here. Maybe that's the least thing we can do but, even if you say that Bitcoin is useless, for us it's not.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:48:43 AM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.
Bitcoin is not useless for me. It is beneficial in my life because since I started Bitcoin, i gain a profit which is bigger than my salary. I agree that trasaction fee is high and slow, but if you have patience in it, you will succeed. I wont stay away from bitcoin as long as I am making income from it. It is just a matter how you see bitcoin, if you think it is useless in your life, then I respect that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
poor-yorik

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:51:59 AM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Bitcoin is not useless for me. It is beneficial in my life because since I started Bitcoin, i gain a profit which is bigger than my salary. I agree that trasaction fee is high and slow, but if you have patience in it, you will succeed. I wont stay away from bitcoin as long as I am making income from it. It is just a matter how you see bitcoin, if you think it is useless in your life, then I respect that.

It is beneficial only as long as its price is rising. What use will it be to you if prices stagnate or even tank a lot. Bitcoin will turn into a toxic asset for you, and you will drop it like a hot potato. Maybe, OP actually meant its use and application for something else other than speculation.
katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:03:53 AM

Bitcoin is seeing its ups and down in the recent time, but that does not mean that bitcoin is useless. As many claiming that waiting time is more and all if that is the base reason to say it as useless I don't agree with that, everyone has rights to criticise and give feedback but to say useless not a good comment.
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:55:01 AM
Merited by stephanirain (2)

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

I respect your point of view about bitcoin, maybe there is something bad happen to you while you are into bitcoin that's why you said something about bitcoin that can drop its popularity among newbies. But in some points lets face the fact that bitcoin had given you something that efficient in your every day life. I bet you get some money from bitcoin that helps you to sustain your needs fr a while but as I said earlier something bad happen that is why you turn to be a person like that, hating bitcoin.

ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:25:17 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

Yes I agree with you Sir.Bitcoin is not useless if you know how to use it and it really helps alot of people with regards to their financial problem.You can rely in bitcoin that is why many people invest on it because they find it very useful and it is really good for long term investment so for me bitcoin is not useless and it never will.
I think the bitcoin will go on and there will never be a word of vain, so the bitcoin will still be crazy until the bitcoin is alive, because every day the bitcoin users are always on the increase.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Rulelies

Activity: 277

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:21:19 PM

If all these claims were true, I do not think the caliber of people involved in it would be.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Remember we are all from from nothing before and the time comes that we become involved in crypto currency and I think bitcoin is one of the coins you become interested thats why you are now and trading.
Icey47

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

Now that some payment platforms have implemented batching of transactions, we will hopefully see lesser and lesser fees for Bitcoin... Although not a permanent solution, I love how they took it upon themselves to help users pay less, but transactions may take more time.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

Actually, at present bitcoin has still a lot of unresolved issues, so what are you saying is in good part true.
But you can consider bitcoin as an asset to invest in and to make big profits, in the meanwhile these issues will be solved.
Exactly there are some of the issues related to bitcoin as compare to other altcoin in the case of transaction fee and transaction timing but i think to say that  bitcoin is useless because it can help many people financially.Bitcoin is decentralized and no third party can allow to see our transactions ,it is the only cryptocurrency that has a lower fees or charges  and transactions are faster.It is helpful to many of us this is not useless bitcoin is really worth it. In fact bitcoin teach me how to manage my finances and earn a lot in here.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

Bitcoin will never become a useless,  many transaction bitcoin is the number 1 used, and thats why bitcoin never become a useless,  try to understand everything in crypto.
Well, Bitcoin in a way does seem useless, and sometimes you might ask yourself questions on why people still make it their number one choice, despite all those things mentioned, while there are cryptocurrencies out there that are better than it. I believe the reason is just because it is the first to get into the market, so they trust it more than any other crypto.

May be till bitcoin is being used as an investment, it may have different characteristics and once it get start used as currency then people's view on this will change into something new and more useful for entire mankind.
Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:37:40 PM

probably not everyone agrees with your perspective on bitcoin, now bitcoin still favored as one of the good investment and bitcoin popularity is still very high in the world of crypto currency.
and for me even now bitcoin is still pretty good as a long-term investment, the development of the bitcoin always shows significant progress and has a high value in the world of crypto currency.
everyone still loves bitcoin until now.
brainape

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:42:54 PM

Bitcoin is seeing its ups and down in the recent time, but that does not mean that bitcoin is useless. As many claiming that waiting time is more and all if that is the base reason to say it as useless I don't agree with that, everyone has rights to criticise and give feedback but to say useless not a good comment.
Bitcoin will never become as useless, but I think that bitcoin is continuously gaining value, In fact bitcoin is now becoming more common and therefore most of the shopkeeper now showing interest in bitcoin to start accepting it for shopping in their shops, in fact bitcoin is now  not only using for online shopping and for trading and investment purposes but not the bitcoin use is also increasing in our practical life.
NelJohn

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:07:30 PM

for me bitcoin is the best. yeah true bitcoin is high fee if you transfer or convert but bitcoin is the biggest value on entire crypto's and I know bitcoin is going grow in the near future

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄█████████
         ▄█████▀▀
        ████▀    ▄▄██████████▄▄            ▄█████  █████▄       ▄████████████▄   ██████████▄    ███  ▄██████████████▄ ███▄       ▄███
       ████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄         ██████▀   ▀█████     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀   ████  ▀██████████████▀ █████▄   ▄█████
      ████   ████▀           ▀████       ████▀        ▀████   ████          ████   ████       ████                     ▀█████▄█████▀  
      ███▌   ███▌             ▐███      ████                 ████            ████   ████     ████    ▄████████████▄      ▀███████▀    
███   ████   ████▄                      ████                 ████            ████    ████   ████     ▀████████████▀      ▄███████▄    
███    ████   ▀█████▄▄▄                  ████▄        ▄████   ████          ████      ████ ████                        ▄█████▀█████▄  
 ███    ████▄    ▀▀████                   ██████▄   ▄█████     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████        ███████       ▄█████████████████████▀   ▀█████
  ███    ▀█████▄▄                          ▀█████  █████▀       ▀████████████▀          █████        ▀███████████████████▀       ▀███
   ███▄    ▀▀█████████
    ▀███▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀████▄▄        
         ▀▀█████████
One Stop Trading Platform
|  Fast & Reliable  |  Real Time  |  Secure  |  Sharing Fees  |

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
         ██████
         ██████
         ██████
         ██████
         ██████   █████
██████   ██████   █████
██████   ██████   █████
██████[/color]
   CONTACT COVEX  
info@covex.io     Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: