Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3601 times)
Alex3601

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:13:13 PM

I wouldn't believe that bitcoin is useless. Many people are become rich through it and I wonder how could other people say that. Skills and knowledge in bitcoin are very important to make it useful for everyday living. And if you don't have this, maybe you were right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:56:53 AM

Bitcoin will never become a useless,  many transaction bitcoin is the number 1 used, and thats why bitcoin never become a useless,  try to understand everything in crypto.
Bitcoin is actually the top rated coin in the world of crypto currencies and there is no other crypto coin which is having this much of worth as is of the bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not at useless in any case. In fact, it is one of the best thing this world has come to know and it is really playing a very constructive role in making this world far better economically and financially. It is also playing a key role in eliminating the poverty and unemployment from this world.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:06:29 AM

Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?
Freshmen

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:07:50 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

Yes I agree with you Sir.Bitcoin is not useless if you know how to use it and it really helps alot of people with regards to their financial problem.You can rely in bitcoin that is why many people invest on it because they find it very useful and it is really good for long term investment so for me bitcoin is not useless and it never will.
I think the bitcoin will go on and there will never be a word of vain, so the bitcoin will still be crazy until the bitcoin is alive, because every day the bitcoin users are always on the increase.
Bitcoin will always stay helpful and it will never end because bitcoin is getting more attention of people day by day and people are knowing about it and that day is no far when bitcoin will be declared s the global currency of world and those who will be already on side of bitcoin will be blessed and those who will not will buy bitcoin at quite higher prices and all this will happen in coming 5 to six years and it will be awesome.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:08:38 AM

Bitcoin will never become a useless,  many transaction bitcoin is the number 1 used, and thats why bitcoin never become a useless,  try to understand everything in crypto.
Bitcoin is actually the top rated coin in the world of crypto currencies and there is no other crypto coin which is having this much of worth as is of the bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not at useless in any case. In fact, it is one of the best thing this world has come to know and it is really playing a very constructive role in making this world far better economically and financially. It is also playing a key role in eliminating the poverty and unemployment from this world.

Bunch of useless words with no concrete utility. Typical Bitcoin "it has price, but it useless". Typical ponzi game.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:10:10 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

Yes I agree with you Sir.Bitcoin is not useless if you know how to use it and it really helps alot of people with regards to their financial problem.You can rely in bitcoin that is why many people invest on it because they find it very useful and it is really good for long term investment so for me bitcoin is not useless and it never will.
I think the bitcoin will go on and there will never be a word of vain, so the bitcoin will still be crazy until the bitcoin is alive, because every day the bitcoin users are always on the increase.
Bitcoin will always stay helpful and it will never end because bitcoin is getting more attention of people day by day and people are knowing about it and that day is no far when bitcoin will be declared s the global currency of world and those who will be already on side of bitcoin will be blessed and those who will not will buy bitcoin at quite higher prices and all this will happen in coming 5 to six years and it will be awesome.

People only know that price grows, the rest is pink dream that requires centralized effort and government control.
sadapara78

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:15:30 AM

No, bitcoin is not useless, it can even be said that it is useful for life at the present time, so first you need to add up all the pros and cons.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:27:30 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

I respect on your thoughts about bitcoin. But i believe that your thoughts does not help either, even the values you say is also useless for those people who really needs money and want to escape poverty.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
saransh

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:46:03 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

I think you are right , calling useless would be outrageous but its more like an experiment which has failed.

1. I think BTC was tried that how computers can become money. digital one now there are thousands of them.
2. Politics aside , BTC has made lot of people wealthy, that is not how we can decide that its good or bad.
3. What so ever we say, it has shook the entire world.
4. Team , we are just looking from the outside, we can say this and that but finally we know when you use BTC or crypto how one feels.

Instead of fussing about it few things I would like to add.

Exchanges need to be better currently these exchanges are quite central in nature.
Services need to be deployed fast if we want adoption.
I was looking at strike a service based on Lightning , we need developers who can test services fast fast.
What keep talking about 3rd world countries using BTC but such thing are nowhere on the roadmap,

Thanks
Neglected Person

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

I personally like bitcoin, and regularly invest in bitcoin. Bitcoin can never be meaningless bitcoin has got legitimacy in almost all countries except for some countries. Moreover, bitcoin is a world famous name. Buying products in many countries by bitcoin is being traded.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:29:40 PM

I personally like bitcoin, and regularly invest in bitcoin. Bitcoin can never be meaningless bitcoin has got legitimacy in almost all countries except for some countries. Moreover, bitcoin is a world famous name. Buying products in many countries by bitcoin is being traded.
At present, it is believed that only 10m people have Bitcoin wallet or just 0.001% of the population on the ground, which shows us that the crypt will more and more  be known and people are just going to invest.Investing in the useful.
Ulan01

Activity: 178
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:40:17 PM

with some of the reasons you mentioned above I think that is your right about all the shortcomings that exist in bitcoin. but frankly I disagree with what you say that bitcoin is so useless. I think you are the most unlucky person because I think there are still many out there who can feel the positive impact of what they get from bitcoin. and I just want to say hopefully someday you can enjoy a very good result of what you have done with bitcoin.
andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:10:57 PM

with some of the reasons you mentioned above I think that is your right about all the shortcomings that exist in bitcoin. but frankly I disagree with what you say that bitcoin is so useless. I think you are the most unlucky person because I think there are still many out there who can feel the positive impact of what they get from bitcoin. and I just want to say hopefully someday you can enjoy a very good result of what you have done with bitcoin.
I can't say that Bitcoin is useless because it has the largest value among all other cryptocurrency. Bitcoin can generate money and can even make you rich if you just know how Bitcoin works. I think the people who are saying that bitcoin is useless are the people who has a closemind.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:17:38 PM

Actually, what you have listed are all true, however, most of the users ignore it because most people trust bitcoin's potential. Especially those people who really earn a lot through bitcoin. If you have earned a lot in bitcoin, you would most likely just ignore this even if transactions take a lot of time and if transactions costs a lot.
Chandria3

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

Bitcoin might be useless for other but for people who can use it purposively and with the use of such skills in discussion can really benefit from it aside from thw concept of money. Bitcoin is a really good business indeed.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:18:06 PM

Bunch of useless words with no concrete utility. Typical Bitcoin "it has price, but it useless". Typical ponzi game.
If you are claiming bitcoin as useless coin in term of spending it in order to have different sort of things, then for now you may be right. But in reality, bitcoin is not at all useless as there is a huge number of people who are busy in changing their lives and that too only because of bitcoin. Bitcoin is the next big thing this world will going to see and it will make wonders to this world. We just need to wait and watch.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

People only know that price grows, the rest is pink dream that requires centralized effort and government control.
Well I don’t think any government can ever get bitcoin ban or control because now bitcoin is being use by a lot of people as job and it has alto of money for those who are trusting and investing. Bitcoin can never be control it has a lot of benefits like bitcoin has job opportunities for people it is being use as job by several people so bitcoin is good to be use it is not useless at all mate. We can buy with bitcoin, we can hold and get profit, we can invest so it has alto of uses.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

I respect all your opinion it won't crash that hard because bitcoin is widely accepted and it's has alot of merchants worldwide, I agree on your answer that bitcoin is not just an investment asset. About the transactions it's getting slower and fees are getting more complicated, i wish that the core group of bitcoin will fix about this. While, there are altcoins that are well develop and i've been looking forward to invest on there coins which i believe it will help eliminate frauds and illegal activities, i love decentralization and one day there will be one government i hope everyone will stay alive.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

Cryptocurrency use is big issue,but i ve been reading about Japain where btc is used to trade real estates
and know South Korea e-commerce cryptocurrency project. S.Korea project wil be build on exchanges with diffrent cryptocurrencys.In fact it is only about legislations but big banks dont want to lost his profit
It is all about money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:16:06 PM

Dude, bitcoin is still fairly new to this world, you can't expect it to be perfect and accepted by everyone within a few years of existence. Sure, there are some problems but you have alt-coin like ETH, use that instead until BTC is sorted out, because if majority goes over to ETH and those who are slowing btc down see that, they'll start pushing for improvement.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: