Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:55:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3600 times)
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:45:37 PM

I beg to disagree, bitcoin has been very useful for me not only that its helping me financially but because it teaches me how to value my money through investing. Despite of the disadvantages of bitcoin I don't find it useless because for me it really proved that we can earn money from it.
There is no solid argument for developing this stance about bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the one which should be categorized as useless. It is the most interesting and revolutionary invention of this century. Keep in mind that bitcoin is the father of all digital currencies and we should not ignore it as all the experts are predicting bitcoin as the legal upcoming world currency. Bitcoin has saved many people from living in poverty. Just love it.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axellav

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

BTC is centralization for all criptocoins. And it's bad!
Gingsa

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:48:12 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 09:46:26 AM by Gingsa

I think you are wrong, cause bitcoin is so usefull for everyone. Can you see many people are now so rich and successfull because of the bitcoin. And if you say that transaction nowadays are so long before you get your money, that is just okay for those people who are willing to wait to get their money even it costs a week of waiting before you get your money.
Bitcoin is very useful.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

I beg to disagree, bitcoin has been very useful for me not only that its helping me financially but because it teaches me how to value my money through investing. Despite of the disadvantages of bitcoin I don't find it useless because for me it really proved that we can earn money from it.
Well i agree on that bitcoin is only pioneering and it is still had a great potential to be more usable in tbe near future because we are now in the world of internet.I believe that bitcoin can really rise up in the near future because it has a great potential and capability because it is now getting trend in social media because of its good feedback i believe that it will really rise up.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

The fact that you are still making an effort to rebutt everything that has been said in regards to bitcoin means that you indeed studied a lot. However, you failed to account that in cryptocurrency there are things called failures and siccess stories as bitcoin soars and then dips rapidly into a plunge so do the data that can’t seem to be able to quantify it enough to be easily studied

Y U MAD AT ME
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:12:13 AM

Bitcoin is not useless. You perception about bitcoin is wrong. You must not considered the bitcoin as a trash because bitcoin is a blessing for many people. You will regret it in the future about saying bitcoin is useless. Many people like me are believing that bitcoin has bright future.
cryptowizze

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:15:30 AM

it makes me wonder if a new coin like raiblocks, ripple, or even xlm can take over bitcoin....or will bitcoin always be king because of popularity.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:24:26 AM

it makes me wonder if a new coin like raiblocks, ripple, or even xlm can take over bitcoin....or will bitcoin always be king because of popularity.

Every DLT can be store of value, so BTC is no way unique in that sense. Tokens/assets that have utility, that have use, that are adopted and really makes your everyday life easy will make the way. Bitcoin so far is just prove of ponzi.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:26:01 AM

Bitcoin is not useless. You perception about bitcoin is wrong. You must not considered the bitcoin as a trash because bitcoin is a blessing for many people. You will regret it in the future about saying bitcoin is useless. Many people like me are believing that bitcoin has bright future.

"Blessing" LOL

Create church coin for this purpose
Googlegenius

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

I will reply on your Jan 30 2018 update since your observation is true that most users just copy and paste message just to level up. Whats your main goal in posting btctalk? Your rank shows that you have been an active and a loyal member of this forum for many years maybe. But for what? At the end of the day it still boils down to one reason, that is to make money. Everyone here in this forum are welcome to join I guess. So that we could learn from each other, mostly you high ranking members since you people have more knowledge with crypto. Maube bitcoin is useless for you but for us it brings us new hope that there is still a way for us to find better financial options and that is through bitcoin.
jaredl

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:02:25 PM

Actually all the reasons being raised about bitcoin are not wrong. Transaction costs are high and fees are high, it is not anonymous and it is centralized. But there are similar issues with fiat as well as with gold for that matter.

Have you tried transferring money across to a different country? There are similar fees and transactions can take days. It is not anonymous and transfers are controlled by banks and agents. And btw countries spent millions printing and managing their fiat currencies.. not exactly more efficient than POW.

Gold? That is worst. Transaction fees at the bank where you are buying gold are not cheap. Ant not to mentioned storage costs if u are buying physical gold. And if you think you can avoid transaction cost by buying at a shop, do not forget goods and services tax when you buy gold at retail. And if you tell me gold is centralized, then you must be dreaming.

Bitcoin has its faults but they are not more than fiat currencies or gold. But bitcoin has already captured the attention of people around the world and most perceived BTC as a storage of value ... very similar to how people look at Gold.

Unless BTC loses its fundamental reason for being able to be a storage of value, else it will maintain its value; even though it can fluctuate wildly.

TPay Wallet: TENd3idLWQq95Z1MSf2cK3JgeLUoqDf8wX

ETH Wallet: 0xa8A8106959931018E3cacFD511dAD5E1c659ea54
Thawang

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:10:04 PM

I cannot say bitcion is useless impact many people who are joining bitcoin is gain more money.this creation is very useful to us specially for financial needs. bitcoin is a big help and this is the answer to our needs.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:26:39 PM

In your statement above we know that bitcoin has a lot of issues. Just like the transacations fees cost is expensive, transactions takes long, and not accepted yet in any countries. But I disagree to your point that bitcoin is scam and useless, when you check the feedback about bitcoin from many users it has helping a lot. At some point bitcoin has indeed very useful to many so we can also make some research about bitcoin pros and cons.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:34:33 PM

We cannot say Bitcoin is useless ,bitcoin was first cryptocurrency and secured one as well.yup it is currently facing Transaction fee and speed problem but if miner accept lighting network proposal then it will be quite good for community.as we are progressing with blockchain technology new algo and better tech is evolving but we cant deny Bitcoin still is king.
Pemburu1

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

all there must be advantages and disadvantages. behind the lack of bitcoin there are also advantages that we can take. We can not say Bitcoin is useless, bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency.
if bitcoin is not useful why are still people who invest their money in bitcoin.

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:07:15 PM

Everyone has a different point of view about Bitcoin, you are talking about the weakness of the Bitcoin system, while many people feel that Bitcoin is profitable, I appreciate your point of view but I do not agree with your view that if Bitcoin is useless.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

Actually all the reasons being raised about bitcoin are not wrong. Transaction costs are high and fees are high, it is not anonymous and it is centralized. But there are similar issues with fiat as well as with gold for that matter.

Have you tried transferring money across to a different country? There are similar fees and transactions can take days. It is not anonymous and transfers are controlled by banks and agents. And btw countries spent millions printing and managing their fiat currencies.. not exactly more efficient than POW.

Gold? That is worst. Transaction fees at the bank where you are buying gold are not cheap. Ant not to mentioned storage costs if u are buying physical gold. And if you think you can avoid transaction cost by buying at a shop, do not forget goods and services tax when you buy gold at retail. And if you tell me gold is centralized, then you must be dreaming.

Bitcoin has its faults but they are not more than fiat currencies or gold. But bitcoin has already captured the attention of people around the world and most perceived BTC as a storage of value ... very similar to how people look at Gold.

Unless BTC loses its fundamental reason for being able to be a storage of value, else it will maintain its value; even though it can fluctuate wildly.

Every BlockChain based coin/asset can be Store of Value, here is no uniqueness. There is plenty solutions that overcome cross-border transfers and transactions per second. You will find at least one in Top-100 of the coins.

Being just ponzi coin? The one who puts higher price? This is only left.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

I will reply on your Jan 30 2018 update since your observation is true that most users just copy and paste message just to level up. Whats your main goal in posting btctalk? Your rank shows that you have been an active and a loyal member of this forum for many years maybe. But for what? At the end of the day it still boils down to one reason, that is to make money. Everyone here in this forum are welcome to join I guess. So that we could learn from each other, mostly you high ranking members since you people have more knowledge with crypto. Maube bitcoin is useless for you but for us it brings us new hope that there is still a way for us to find better financial options and that is through bitcoin.

I am looking for utility not financial wealth.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

I am looking for utility not financial wealth.

Come on guys let's be all honest here, all of the people on this forum wants bitcoin for wealth, but we are not just after for wealth, because while we are earning we are learning new things(mostly advanced) since other people don't know about cryptocurrency, every time they asked me what is my job and I told them "I'm doing bitcoin and Trading Cryptocurrency" and they were like "Whaaat?!Grin

Others might find bitcoin useless if they don't know how to earn money on bitcoin, the only thing that they could do is to give negative feedbacks on bitcoin even though they don't know what bitcoin really is, how pitiful.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:32:22 PM

We cannot say Bitcoin is useless ,bitcoin was first cryptocurrency and secured one as well.yup it is currently facing Transaction fee and speed problem but if miner accept lighting network proposal then it will be quite good for community.as we are progressing with blockchain technology new algo and better tech is evolving but we cant deny Bitcoin still is king.
Yeah it is true bitcoin is the king currency and it will remain the same for long time period as no currency can beat bitcoin value and importance. Behind the creativity of bitcoin there was huge reason for the new generation that in future almost all of works will be dome with bitcoin. Now I know people of this forum are aware of bitcoin importance and they knows bitcoin is not useless it is very useful it is being use as a job and as currency as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: