Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3606 times)
tuikindu

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:00:04 AM

I respect your opinion, but you ignore the point, people can use the currency for cross-border transfers remittance, and more convenient than go to a bank, there are some people by investing in the currency gained huge profits, so I said BTC is still a bit of a role and status.
lowellsniper

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

How can be useless if it is usefull in terms of money..bitcoin is usefull, there's so many people solve thier problem of daily expenses, school payments and other payments, so, bicoin it is very usefull than others.
palvinta

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:53:45 AM

For me, Bitcoin is very useful. Because if until now I do not know Bitcoin, not necessarily I can get a job again. Because currently, my main job is only in Bitcoin. And if Bitcoin cannot survive, I do not know where to work again. In my country, it is very difficult to get a decent job. Currently, Bitcoin is very useful for my life.
quanghoa7911

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:09:48 AM

There is nothing useless that exists and is so much attention to so for a long time decades, before the era of scientific progress and speed as today. That may be a philosophical explanation for the usefulness of Bitcoin, but it has not yet been conclusively proven. Here, with a personal view, I will give some of Bitcoin's usefulness so that people can discuss and rate the topic of someone saying "Bitcoin is useless":
 - Bitcoin can pass through infinite space with an unlimited value in a very short time compared to traditional transport modes.
 - Bitcoin is fully submitting to the owner without any force limiting the owner's use, except in the case of 51%, which is also considered to be excluded as it would be considered as The Bitcoin network is dead.
 - Bitcoin has so far been the only tool to protect the network for blockchain technology, the foundation of the currency. If Bitcoin does not exist, what makes blockchain technology work? If the trend of the development of the era, blockchain technology is very useful for the present world.
 - Bitcoin is a tool to bring a great deal of wealth to financial planners in times of insufficient community, unaccountable governments legitimize it.
   In general, Bitcoin can be very useful with its features, and it depends a lot on how the world looks at it. Maybe something is very good but nobody uses it, it becomes useless. And things are not the best but if people accept to use and build together, improve it then later it is great useful for our lives.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:14:06 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

As this forum full of bots, I will emphasize one question from the user:

Ok, for all of you that insist that Bitcoin is not useless, tell me!

What do you use Bitcoin for?

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

Hope to get constructive answers.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

This is a very worried signal

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

I may agree with you but there are many other coins that could surpass Bitcoin about those kind of things, but we can't let go of the fact the Bitcoin will be there in the end.
Britanshio

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:40:41 PM

LOL. This problems you have pointed is just being ignored by its users. You know why? Because it has been very profitable, of course RISK will always be there, but it is nothing compared to the price you can get.
My friend bitcoin is not useless because many people really deserve to be a wealthy elite because of bitcoin and the crypto currency that most effective in online income.
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

Bitcoin is not useless. You are very wrong on what you've said. Bitcoin helps a lot of people. Yes, i know that bitcoin price now is very low but it is part of it not all the time increasing. Even it is falling bitcoin still helpful because it can still provide the things that we need.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:45:07 PM

LOL. This problems you have pointed is just being ignored by its users. You know why? Because it has been very profitable, of course RISK will always be there, but it is nothing compared to the price you can get.
My friend bitcoin is not useless because many people really deserve to be a wealthy elite because of bitcoin and the crypto currency that most effective in online income.

People don't "deserve" anything because of anything. They can think and earn, or they can sit on a sidewalk and moan.

Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:16:52 PM

I don't think thatbthe bitcoin is useless just simple because there's a lot of people that are using bitcoin to make their life better yes it is time consuming there are fees but lot of people have been help by bitcoin. Bitcoin is profitable so you can't just say that bitcoin is useless if dont take risk nothing will happen if you don't make a move bitcoin will be useless to you but for those who have been help by bitcoin, bitcoin is helpful not a useless thing.
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:28:25 PM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

If you feel bitcoin is useless, then you will leave the bitcoin and put on another option. I think otherwise, bitcoin is very useful to me, because it has been a benefit for me, and I believe bitcoin to be the main choice in crypto.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:25:21 PM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

Bitcoin is a hope an open opportunity though , and it is profitable its not totally useless though , if you think it is please change your perspective.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:31:23 PM

I don't think thatbthe bitcoin is useless just simple because there's a lot of people that are using bitcoin to make their life better yes it is time consuming there are fees but lot of people have been help by bitcoin. Bitcoin is profitable so you can't just say that bitcoin is useless if dont take risk nothing will happen if you don't make a move bitcoin will be useless to you but for those who have been help by bitcoin, bitcoin is helpful not a useless thing.
many people has been helped from bitcoin, and i think bitcoin is useful for bitcoiners. but now bitcoin is better in terms of investment than transaction, because there are still many countries that have not legalized btc so cant move freely

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:23:14 PM

Bitcoin at this point is holding its value because its a legacy coin. I think its always going to have value based on the fact that it was the first ever cryptocurrency. You should look at it like gold. Gold is pretty useless too but the reason why its so valuable still is because it has so much history. Bitcoin is basically digital gold at this point
This is so absurd to give a statement declaring that bitcoin is nothing practical. People have built new houses, start new businesses, driving new cars just because of investing large amounts into bitcoin. These are all the practical uses of bitcoin.

Those transactions that needed weeks and third parties are now done within few hours without any interference from third party. So please think before spreading such things. 
I would understand and respect people who have negative comments about bitcoin. Perhaps, they have come up these perspectives due to their bad experiences in bitcoin. But I think when you know about how bitcoin works and its functionalities then you will be able to know its advantages and benefits. Don't lose hope it's not the end yet, if you find bitcoin useless, give another try.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is not meaningless. Because people around the world are aware of bitcoin that bitcoin is one of the ways to make money online. It is not rare in the world.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Bitcoin is not useless and as far as i know many people nowadays thinking the same. When we will stop destroying everything we will become better. I am taking about crypto.

tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:39:36 PM

Bitcoin is not useless and as far as i know many people nowadays thinking the same. When we will stop destroying everything we will become better. I am taking about crypto.
How dare someone would say that bitcoin is useless of course not, there are more shitcoins out there that is more useless rather than bitcoin, I believe in the future that bitcoin will be a great name, it will make or create a big name in the whole world.
quanghoa7911

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:45:02 AM

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

So how do you think paper money can compare to Bitcoin? As far as I know, without using paper money, you can use other things to exchange without losing anything else. But if you lose Bitcoin then blockchain technology will die. Blockchain can help a lot of useful things in our future lives.
willnotwas

Activity: 286
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:53:48 AM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

Despite the creation date of this thread all above mentioned reminds much about those years when someone suggested to sell BTC out  because of the price falling from $500 to $400, so where is this dude now?
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:01:08 AM

For me bitcoin is not useless and the fee are now a days fear for making transactions and now the transactions not takes much time now a days and it is good to buy now the bitcoin and for us it is the bright future and the centralized system clear this to the bitcoin users and bitcoin is useful for many transactions and fruitful for future.

evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:11:15 AM

Don't think that bitcoin is useless, everyone who working here can get benefit with it. I know that you said that because you have a problem now against of it but remember this always grateful of it that we have been here cause this is the best job you've got now and don't loss the opportunities they give to you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: