Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:08:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Leave full time office job to trade crypto?  (Read 2560 times)
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:16:55 AM

Yes, me too. I opted out of my job a few months ago, you know cryptocurrency is very interesting. Finally I focused on studying and learning the world of crypto. Then the people who know me, they weird with my decision, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Actually, I didn't trade every day, just occasionally if the conditions marketcap good for doing trade, like this time. I feel this is good time for trading it's caused by the price bitcoin and altcoin will go up, after a decline.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

Hmm, I think that it is not that advisable for you to leave your full time job in order for you to trade cryptocurrency. I am a stundent and I can manage trading, bitcointalk job and my study. And that is study, we have homeworks, projects and many school activities in which I can manage my life in crypto and my life as a person. If you want a stable income, don't quit your job. But if there is a high possibility of getting a lot of money in crypto for you, if you're knowledgeable enough, then go.
ICOcosmos

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:54:27 AM

I just quit my office job to have full time in crypto world. I split my time of day to work manything: doing bounty campains, researching good crypto to invest, trading 3 - 4 times per week (not day trading) and may be next time i'll  learn about mining.
Anyone who has been off work like me can share your experiences?

No dont do it, just hodl whilst earning a bit more and then do the transition.
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

I just quit my office job to have full time in crypto world. I split my time of day to work manything: doing bounty campains, researching good crypto to invest, trading 3 - 4 times per week (not day trading) and may be next time i'll  learn about mining.
you do the thing which I have done in advance in the past. because leaving the office job requires mature beliefs and thoughts, so I think from now on you have to work hard in cryptocurrency work so you can get the most out of it because your work depends on cryptocurrency.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:15:15 AM

I am also planning to leave my office work just like you guys but my plan is to get a mining rig first so that I have passive income while trading as crypto is hard to predict.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:16:57 AM

It is not a good idea and also not suggestible to quit the permanent job for the sake of trading in crypto, it is advisable that along with the job can make free time to get involve in trading that could be good option. Why to leave job when trading by crypto can be done during free time.
Everglow (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:32:07 AM

You just said you are not going to do day trading then leaving your job is not necessary in my opinion.But crypto currency trading is also considered as job now a days and it is giving good earnings weekly or monthly but no one knows how long it will last long so we need to have backup earnings that is from our day job.But you already did so try to learn more more about trading and earn more profits.
Mining is also a good way to earn decent earning you can learn more about mining section of our forum.I would like to suggest you to do Monero mining because the difficulty level is less and the price of monero will bump in future.

Thanks for your sincere advice! I just trade USDT/Coin pair and do that some time per week, buy when market like this time and sell when it pass my target.
Most of time i spend to read about crypto and choose 2 ~ 3 good crypto to hold.
For me, this market will steady increase for at least 2 years, and if i can earn a good profit in this year, i'll definitely find another field to invest.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:44:27 AM

Hi OP. How brave of you to quit a full time job and enter cryptocurrency with confidence. I salute you with that. But for me, having a full-time job is a safe move. Because we cannot tell how the market will go. It may go very bearish in the long run. It is still good if you have a constant income so in times of need, you will have something to pull out.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

you do the thing which I have done in advance in the past. because leaving the office job requires mature beliefs and thoughts, so I think from now on you have to work hard in cryptocurrency work so you can get the most out of it because your work depends on cryptocurrency.
at first this may not as easy but when you already know what are you able to do then put your all time in crypto there is a lot to be learn and this is something that are most special for to do. i just want to congrats and wish a good luck here mate this is so another chapter that you may have experience for.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:02:42 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 11:38:13 AM by Fafabol

That will be unnecessary thing to do right now or even tomorrow because there's nothing stable in the life of cryptos and you've just made the biggest decision in your life that can change your life. I just hope you're not yet a family man because right now you're sacrificing the lives of your family especially in financial aspect and I just hope you have some savings so you can still catch up the coins that's promising.
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:52:32 AM

If you are able to trade profitable and you are sure that you can continue this way. If you have enough income from trading. I see no reason not to try to leave work.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:15 AM

Yes, that is the right choice for me.
I gave up the office job to spend the whole time cryptocurrency, I do not have to worry when the market goes dump when I'm going to work
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

Its good that you are utilising your time for the crypto in planned manner otherwise it could get frustrated over the time if we don't get any out put from that. I hope you have done far planning before leaving the job because now onwards you will not be getting fixed salary and it is important to have enough money with you to sustain the family balance.

I work full time with real job but I have contributed my night time fully for the crypto only. Literally many times I go sleepless due to crypto adrenaline and I know its not really good. But after looking at you I think you should be fine with it as money always follows you when you do the hard work. Keep it up.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

Sorry i have to say it, you made the wrong choice. I never quit my full time job at the office. Because I can still trade in my spare time though a little.
Trading is not always profitable, sometimes if you want to get a big profit you also have to have a large capital as well. I always set aside a salary from my full-time job to trade. I was never confused to find capital.
I hope you know the consequences that you have to bear in the future towards your decision.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:44:31 AM

If you can do that then I think you have the guts mate. For me, I would suggest or agree with that because cryptomarket trading is quite an unreliable source of income, although it is true that you can hit the jackpot and win big profit if you did the right trades, you cannot also discard the fact you could also lose in many occasions which would equal to loss of money to be used to support yourself and your family. It is always better to have that contingency and security of a steady income, which could only be given by a full-time job.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:51:29 AM

If you can do that then I think you have the guts mate. For me, I would suggest or agree with that because cryptomarket trading is quite an unreliable source of income, although it is true that you can hit the jackpot and win big profit if you did the right trades, you cannot also discard the fact you could also lose in many occasions which would equal to loss of money to be used to support yourself and your family. It is always better to have that contingency and security of a steady income, which could only be given by a full-time job.
Good thing for those who have the guts to quit their job, if I would have the chance I would do same thing if I would just have enough savings for me to start trading and to quit my job so I can render full time doing it  then I would love to do that much more that what I am doing in my current job with so much stress, toxic and pressure but the salary is not increasing instantly.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

I think it is not a good decision. Though working on crypto currency is more profitable than any other job but it has risk also. Crypto currency is on now volatile. We can't predict the future of crypto currency. It is better option to continue your main job beside crypto currency.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:08:26 PM

Cryptocurrencies is one of the riskiest jobs i could ever thing of but it's worth it because when a trade goes so successful and you became a very skilled trader you can earn daily that is the amount of salary you get monthly in a job.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

I just quit too. I think you are young and not yet family, so you can have enough courage to decide. It's not easy, but in anyway, always trust on your self and be willing to take responsibility for your decision.
I have been had a settle job already  Grin But working 8h/day, 5 to 6 days a week and do what others want, i don't want live that life  Grin

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

I left searching a regular job for doing jobs for bitcoin, trading and investing. I still new in this and i still busy in organizing my time and searching more profitable jobs.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: