Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:18:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to leave Altcoin in Exchange  (Read 1161 times)
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

It’s depend on the exchange etherdelta hack and hitbtc recent transaction fees for even deposit made me confusion now I am planing to use only binance and coinexchange for My long term holding.

cryptoneet

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:54:22 PM

coinsmarkets took like 200m $ in coins hostage for 1 month still down.

no way dont trust smaller exchanges or sites with your coins

only exchange i trust is binance or coinbase
I almost agree with you but Binance is always facing "China risk". Chinese government can make any decision and take it into operation immediately, even if it's cease of exchanges, including Binance. Well, Binance is obviously one of the greatest exchanges, in terms of trade view, listed coins, and low fee.

binance is in HK not mainland china

chinese gov, leave HK alone law wise cuz they dont want an uprising and they like the taxes they pay the mainland gov.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:04:49 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:54:22 AM by jaggijagjit

Yes it is safe to hold your altcoins in exchange if that exchange has all the security features and you applied at your account. if you are a holder of huge quantity of any alt coin and you are not a short time trader then you can put your altcoins in offline wallets.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:05:07 PM

I don't think thats a good idea. The best way to store your coins is in a hardware wallet. If you leave your coins in the exchange site, it is very risky. For one, your account might get hacked, two, tge exchange site itself might get hacked. There are a lot of exchanges that have experienced hacking nd ended up closing down.

testingbits

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:11:18 PM

I don´t think its safe to leave all your Altcoin in one place, spread them out in different places
superman22

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:17:45 PM

Hi,

I want to earn interest on my coins (BTC,ETH,LTC) therefore I prefer to leave these in Exchange for funding purpose, however I have No plan to sell or exchange with other coin in near future.

I always keep my withdrawal blocked by changing password every 5th day.

Is it 100% safe to keep crypto's in exchange like Bitfinex or others with withdrawal locked ?

I suggest is to make a half of altcoins on exchange and the other half should stored on your  hard wallet to keep secured your all accounts. If you have on the exchange, supposedly to be have a 2FA Security so that you will keep safe your altcoins. And if you want to hold for a long term just make sure to put them on the compatible wallets rather than to sell it

I would like to make divide into three. Some you keep into exchange wallet, some you keep into software or electronic wallet and other you just cash out. Only problem for exchange is that you do not have any control by you. Even, if by any how exchange got hacked then whatever security you have none will help until or unless exchange can keep safe and protection all of their user accounts. However, without keeping exchange it is impossible to do any kind of trade.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:18:37 PM

chinese gov, leave HK alone law wise cuz they dont want an uprising and they like the taxes they pay the mainland gov.

for now Smiley
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:56:02 PM

Hardware wallet is much better then exchange because some exchanges not have security features. but if your exchange provide you all the security features like 2FA or Gogle authenticator on login or transaction then you can keep your coins at exchange.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:56:34 PM

It is not a good idea at all. Even the most reliable exchange can be hacked and you will lose all your deposit. I recommend to use wallets of particular coins you need and transfer money there.

prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:11:05 PM

No nothing is safe, even online wallets are being hacked these days, there are also a lot of phishing sites for exchanges, one example is poloneix, I have encountered a lot of phishing site with this exchange. You have to be very vigilant and always enable 2FA for added security. still the best way to keep your coins is to store it in hardware wallets.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:10:47 PM

Yes it is safe to hold your altcoins in exchange if that exchange has all the security features and you applied at your account. if you are a holder of huge quantity of any alt coin and you are not a short time trader then you can put your altcoins in  offline wallets.
I do not think that it can be consider as 100% safe, in fact it is depending on the exchange also, as in previous time bitfinex exchange was hacked, so money in exchange cannot be consider as safe, i think we need to very much careful while selecting the exchange, we should select such exchange who have good security system and putting your altcoin there should be consider as more safe and secure.
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:16:10 PM

the most safe place to store your coins is your own wallet.

if the exchange is hacked or go to bankruptcy you will get only your eyes to cry.
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:19:34 PM

There is no 100% safe method of keeping funds. There is always a chance that something will go wrong and coins will be lost or stolen even if to use hardware wallet not saying about exchanges or online wallets.

ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:54:43 PM

I was convinced on my bitter experience that the exchange can not be a reliable storage place for crypto currency, even top-end exchanges are burned and we saw it

I suspect that you know the answer for the question yourself. No, it is not as safe as we all want it. However, if you are deeply involved in trading and perform transactions and operations very often, you have to leave alts on exchanges.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:57:12 PM

I don't recommend that to my friends. Altcoin exchange is very risky to save because they are 3rd party. if you have hard wallets or cold storage wallet. You must have it and keep your private key safe.
kaineh

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:58:13 PM

Keeping coins on the exchange is a very strange idea. It's about the same as carrying cash with you in your hand. Convenient, always accessible, but very unsafe
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:15:57 PM

Keeping coins on the exchange is a very strange idea. It's about the same as carrying cash with you in your hand. Convenient, always accessible, but very unsafe
It's only strange if the person does not want to trade his coins during any period of the website being online.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:27:21 PM

Hi,

I want to earn interest on my coins (BTC,ETH,LTC) therefore I prefer to leave these in Exchange for funding purpose, however I have No plan to sell or exchange with other coin in near future.

I always keep my withdrawal blocked by changing password every 5th day.

Is it 100% safe to keep crypto's in exchange like Bitfinex or others with withdrawal locked ?

It is not safe at all to keep your crypto in exchanges. No matter how many times you change your password, you are not in charge of your private keys. Your account could be hacked even with your password. Put your funds where you have absolute control. Hardwallet etc

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:29:40 PM

It's not safe at all but if you willing to risk alot of money in that exchange then better save it to a cold storage wallet or hardware wallet. or if you're lazy to keep that then choose other exchange that holding coins. but i warned you Altcoins exchange are very risky for saving funds.

KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:29:53 PM

It's never safe. NEVER! No matter how well known the exchange is, you don't have full access to your wallet therefor your funds are exposed to risks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: