Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FRIENDZ ICO: decentralized peer to peer marketing  (Read 26363 times)
CrYpTEr$$

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:29:48 PM

The idea of having a decentralized social network seems somewhat weird to me, but I am sure that it will turn out to be great!
bitoshka

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

The idea of having a decentralized social network seems somewhat weird to me, but I am sure that it will turn out to be great!
Why strange? The idea is good. No one will enter censorship. There will be freedom of speech. People calmly, without fear, will discuss issues that concern them!
Ceburekus

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:31:48 PM

Why strange? The idea is good. No one will enter censorship. There will be freedom of speech. People calmly, without fear, will discuss issues that concern them!
Totally agree, nowadays there's the right opinion and then there's the wrong opinion. The right opinion is what all the liberal progressive politically correct, but thourougly corrupted politicians preach. Which in reality is created exactly for suppressing different opinons and to limit freedom of speech.
maAE$tRo$2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:32:31 PM

Yes, but on the other side, how will this look like? I mean, are all data which are there stored on a blockchain? Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people with racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?
Titomonriki

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:34:32 PM

Yes, but on the other side, how will this look like? I mean, are all data which are there stored on a blockchain? Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people with racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

Why not to moderate it by yourself?
You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?
Do you want to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?
Jokerrr

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:35:20 PM

You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?
Do you want to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?

This is actually an interesting question. On almost every social media, you can report unacceptable content, like racist content. How will that work when the social media is decentralized??
GeNer@L

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:36:54 PM

Yes, you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other
really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitely become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.
anchousser

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

Yes, you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other
really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitely become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.

I haven't thought about it, but now I do, there is a lot of people that are hating on the Internet. How will Friendz deal with that?
Makelleli

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:38:53 PM

It is a very controversial issue I think.
Yes, I believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.
EfIRchEk

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:39:43 PM

Yes, I believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.

Probably every social network has moderators, even decentralized ones are supposed to have them. So I think if there will be some disturbing or illegal content, I'm sure it will be dealt with.
Chu@N

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

Probably every social network has moderators, even decentralized ones are supposed to have them. So I think if there will be some disturbing or illegal content, I'm sure it will be dealt with.
In extreme cases there is always going to be the need for somebody to come in and delete something, complete freedom to post anything would be abused for sure by troll and griefers.
kamarchek

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:42:36 PM

I haven't thought about it, but now I do, there is a lot of people that are hating on the Internet. How will Friendz deal with that?
On the other hand, there is an increasing amount of initiatives to censor opinions under the guise of countering hate speech and fake news. Did you know Trump wants all personal information from people who liked anti-Trump Facebook pages?
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politics/facebook-a..
This trend to police your thoughts is taken further and further. Where does moderating obvious hate speech end and criminalizing political dissent begin?
maAE$tRo$2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

On the other hand, there is an increasing amount of initiatives to censor opinions under the guise of countering hate speech and fake news. Did you know Trump wants all personal information from people who liked anti-Trump Facebook pages?
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politics/facebook-a..
This trend to police your thoughts is taken further and further. Where does moderating obvious hate speech end and criminalizing political dissent begin?
In Germany they have the goddamn "Netzwerkdurchsuchungsgesetz" (typical German word, I know): Everyone who is operating an Online-Platform is bound to delete 'clearly unlawful' comments within 24 hours. Otherwise monetary fines of up to 5 million Euro will be the consequence.
Great job the German Politicians did here...
Chu@N

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:48:00 PM

It should be free as possible but there should some precautions for extreme cases.
Otherwise, it will be abused heavily. Or it becomes the illegal social network.
Drugser

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

It should be free as possible but there should some precautions for extreme cases.
Otherwise, it will be abused heavily. Or it becomes the illegal social network.
Guys, relax please, of course there is a group of so called "validators". They approve your content and if its creepy or unseemly, they will block it as fast as it possible. It's not even possible to make friendz illegal I guarantee it. If you are worried about it, look at the other project in this field, they all have moderation and may be even stricter than there.
johntytorwqafdwqafd

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:24:21 PM

I really like the fact that they have already a fully operational platform. This gives the whole ICO way more reliability.
Thank you for your words Smiley keep following us! #AdminZ
johntytorwqafdwqafd

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:32:46 PM

I have checked the website and I didn't find anything about Europe. When are you going to implement it?

We will start the expansion from the main European countries, such as Germany, UK and so on. Here is our roadmap https://friendz.io/#roadmap #AdminZ
johntytorwqafdwqafd

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:39:37 PM

Am I right if I presume you will create your own blockchain for the application.
So a token swap will be implemented on a later stage?
At the moment we are based on Ethereum blockchain, you can check our roadmap here https://friendz.io/#roadmap #AdminZ
johntytorwqafdwqafd

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:46:28 PM

I have checked the website and I didn't find anything about Europe. When are you going to implement it?

I think this may take time, each country has his own legislation to follow. I'm going through the whitepaper however to know more.
We will be compliant to the laws of each country #AdminZ
johntytorwqafdwqafd

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

Do you have any competitors? I know some similar projects, but they have a slightly different idea.
Our indirect competitors are those that work in the digital advertising and influencer marketing, but we don't have direct competitors with the same business idea #AdminZ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: