Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having issues with their Antminer A3?  (Read 2238 times)
kl4real

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:32:31 PM

everything works fine on my A3 unit now since i switched from 110v to 220v
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:10:31 AM

everything works fine on my A3 unit now since i switched from 110v to 220v

Mine works fine on 110v. You just can't use the AW3 only, I have it powering the main boards and two of the hashing cards, a second PSU powering the last card. Not sure of my consumption yet, but it's running smoothly.

I don't know what's up with pools, so far I've had no luck connecting to nanopool, and limited luck with Luxor (was working fine for a bit, now it claims my wallet/miner doesn't exist; they have a maintenance message up for the search function, but the instructions they give get the same "does not exist" result). Switched back over to--ung--antpool for now, as at least it is working well enough, though I can't seem to add my wallet to that one (it says it is emailing me and then doesn't). It'll probably be a little it before everything calms down and works right.

EDIT: Nevermind, Luxor is working again. Seemed like the problem was just reporting, as my coin count is higher than when I stopped being able to check, so I'm pretty confident Luxor is a good place to point my rig for a while (plus they donate part of the pool profits to the sia devs, which I am all for)...
crypto.lawyer.187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:30:46 AM

I would stop mining on sia pool, seems they are doing something to mess up A3's
It wasn't siamining, it was the whole network (only A3s though). Nobody knows why yet.

i also have a dead hash board

what does yours do
jessamp

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:56:34 AM

I just about fried mine LOL.. Out of the box in a 22C room temperature was running 85c. Did some reading, sounded normal, and read that other models have overheat protection.. So I mean this one should have it too right??

Then while I was having a drink it overheated, I seen 96C on screen before I could get to it and shut it down, went into fault mode, solid red light. Would not hash, HW errors in the 15k+ within a minute. was only reading 54 ASICS on one of the hash boards.

WOW thought I really fried it... $3000 mistake FFS.. Reboot.. Nothing solid red light, power down and on, solid red light then one hash board 0 ASICS registered.

I did a factory reset using a pin in the reset hole, then after doing up the settings, and another reboot it all came back working again thank heavens.. I'm not a farmer.. just getting into ASIC (last time I used an ASIC was in 2013ish), and $3000 is a chunk of change.

So since I live in Canada and it's winter here, an open window with a box fan blowing in cold air to cool the entire room is working good. Temps are stable at 79, 69, and 83, factory clock.

Why didn't they put an overheat protection on the A3 like other models?? I have owned an A3 for 7 hours and I'm scared to leave my house now...

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:01:40 AM

I just about fried mine LOL.. Out of the box in a 22C room temperature was running 85c. Did some reading, sounded normal, and read that other models have overheat protection.. So I mean this one should have it too right??

Then while I was having a drink it overheated, I seen 96C on screen before I could get to it and shut it down, went into fault mode, solid red light. Would not hash, HW errors in the 15k+ within a minute. was only reading 54 ASICS on one of the hash boards.

WOW thought I really fried it... $3000 mistake FFS.. Reboot.. Nothing solid red light, power down and on, solid red light then one hash board 0 ASICS registered.

I did a factory reset using a pin in the reset hole, then after doing up the settings, and another reboot it all came back working again thank heavens.. I'm not a farmer.. just getting into ASIC (last time I used an ASIC was in 2013ish), and $3000 is a chunk of change.

So since I live in Canada and it's winter here, an open window with a box fan blowing in cold air to cool the entire room is working good. Temps are stable at 79, 69, and 83, factory clock.

Why didn't they put an overheat protection on the A3 like other models?? I have owned an A3 for 7 hours and I'm scared to leave my house now...

those are stull high temps for the top and bottom chains, id down clock to 575
jessamp

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:19:09 AM

Noted..

I'm dropping ASICS on chain 3 again. FML.. Room temp is about 16C now. Is it safe to run with a couple dropped chips? or should I reboot a few times and get em to kick in again?

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:47:24 AM

Noted..

I'm dropping ASICS on chain 3 again. FML.. Room temp is about 16C now. Is it safe to run with a couple dropped chips? or should I reboot a few times and get em to kick in again?

you dont want to be running with any dropped chips , no , just keep downclocking till you have less hardware errors over three hours , less than 100 or so

then slowly raise clocks till you find a stable setting and temps around 75-ish to 77 max on chips

pcb temps are fine around 50-65

is your fan set to 100% ?

I run in a climate controled serve room with lots of heat exhaust and I still have to set my fans to 100%

Im running stock settings
jessamp

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:51:03 AM

yeah my HW errors are off the charts now.. was running fine before, definitely damage caused
jessamp

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

I have been playing with all different clock levels and Hash Board #3 is consistently between 5 to 10 degrees hotter than the rest.. I assume it's because the chips and heat sinks are on the outside and lacking air flow. Suppose I open the thing, and reverse the hash board.. I can dremel some new holes if necessary... I have 700mhz running stable now cause I am in winter in Canada and my mining room is only 10C right now LOL.... temps are 74,64,82 So obviously airflow to outside boards are the problem, and I would assume board 3 was designed the wrong way fir air LOL just thoughts.. Also only running 57 ASICS on board 3 cause earlier problems... I like to live dangerously
furqan7

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Hi guys,

I had the same issues that you guys mentioned. I assumed maybe like the rest i also had hardware issues but apparently the issue was resolved by doing a reset or a power cycle. Sometimes the temps get high after power cycle which didnt make any sense as the room temp and when previously it was running smoothly were low. It didnt look like a hardware problem but a software problem.
Sometimes i had just 1 X and sometimes one of the entire boards showed xxxx. Checked the wires .. Did a power cycle which helped once. Then at the next power cycle it just was full of errors. Now after a factory reset its working fine and temps are 80 or below. Hopefully it will stay the same. I was mining before on siamining but have changed to luxor. Works good so far. Hopefully u get to fix urs.

P.S. I had factory reset it a couple of times.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:05:10 PM

Managed to get one unit stable at 61/62c on hashboards at 500mhz with 90% fan speed. The other unit is stable at 61/62C on hashboards at 550mhz with 90% fan speed. Others are saying you can push them up to 80C, but that will obviously reduce the lifespan of the device. (700Gh/s on one, 760Gh/s on the other)

Aye, high temperature is the enemy of electronics - about a 50% reduction in lifespan for every 10-11C increase in temp - but an ASIC miner is only cashflow positive for a few months anyway, isn't it?

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

I have been playing with all different clock levels and Hash Board #3 is consistently between 5 to 10 degrees hotter than the rest.. I assume it's because the chips and heat sinks are on the outside and lacking air flow. Suppose I open the thing, and reverse the hash board.. I can dremel some new holes if necessary... I have 700mhz running stable now cause I am in winter in Canada and my mining room is only 10C right now LOL.... temps are 74,64,82 So obviously airflow to outside boards are the problem, and I would assume board 3 was designed the wrong way fir air LOL just thoughts.. Also only running 57 ASICS on board 3 cause earlier problems... I like to live dangerously

Started playing around a little this AM myself. At default freq and 95% fan the 2 outside boards are the same temp for me. 76/69/77 & 75/68/76. They're just not getting the same amount of airflow as that center board. It might be more effective to take these things out of the case and get better airflow over all boards. Should be possible to get the temps down to reasonable levels at 600mhz.

I'm thinking, custom case to house the hashing boards.

jessamp

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:41:22 PM

Hi guys,

I had the same issues that you guys mentioned. I assumed maybe like the rest i also had hardware issues but apparently the issue was resolved by doing a reset or a power cycle. Sometimes the temps get high after power cycle which didnt make any sense as the room temp and when previously it was running smoothly were low. It didnt look like a hardware problem but a software problem.
Sometimes i had just 1 X and sometimes one of the entire boards showed xxxx. Checked the wires .. Did a power cycle which helped once. Then at the next power cycle it just was full of errors. Now after a factory reset its working fine and temps are 80 or below. Hopefully it will stay the same. I was mining before on siamining but have changed to luxor. Works good so far. Hopefully u get to fix urs.

Yeah I not had any X's or -'s or anything other than 0's in the status area, but I am only counting 57 ASICs on chain 3, and there are 3 missing 0's. Sometimes I get CRC errors in the log on bootup, and have to reboot a few times to get it running. Hopefully it lasts long enough to pay for itself.
senseless

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 10:36:58 PM by senseless

One of my hashboards crashed at 600mhz running at 77C after about 8 hours. Hashboard came back after a restart. Moved both machines back down to 550mhz.

77C is NOT stable.

Now running 65/64/71, 62/64/65 at 550mhz with 95% fan. Stable so far.

jessamp

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:46:45 PM

One of my hashboards crashed at 600mhz running at 77C after about 8 hours. Hashboard came back after a restart. Moved both machines back down to 550mhz.

77C is NOT stable.

Yeah I pulled back down to 650 after my crash at 700. But I am running 650 and now only 69C on hottest board.
kl4real

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:56:04 AM

Hi guys,

i had it on luxor several days ago but then they were having some display error so i switched to siamining - but it seemed luxor was producing more.  i'm averaging 825gh/s on siamining and getting 51 sc per hour/ 1,457 sc for last 24 hr.  what are you getting on luxor? 
greyday

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:40:16 AM

77C is NOT stable.

Yeah I pulled back down to 650 after my crash at 700. But I am running 650 and now only 69C on hottest board.

619 @78% fan for me. Runs smoothly, not TOO loud (over 85% and the vibrations come through the floor), and temps all in the low 70s.
greyday

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:51:00 AM

i had it on luxor several days ago but then they were having some display error so i switched to siamining - but it seemed luxor was producing more.  i'm averaging 825gh/s on siamining and getting 51 sc per hour/ 1,457 sc for last 24 hr.  what are you getting on luxor? 

The display error was just with using the search function to view your account. I've been mining there for almost a week with no issues on that end (you can just paste your wallet onto the end of the url for the same result).

My only problem was a payment that didn't go through but that turned out to be solved by doing a recovery of the wallet (rescanning the blockchain). Luxor wasn't super helpful on the support end for that, but the coins weren't lost so I'm not complaining...
senseless

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:03:13 PM

Underclocked today to 350mhz.
Power consumption 3A @ 240V (720W) (-50%)
Hashrate 520Gh/s (-35%)
Ghs / Watt 0.72 (+21%)

Default settings:
600mhz
Power consumption 6A @ 240v (1440W)
Hashrate 810Gh/s
Gh/s / Watt 0.5625

greyday

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:37:02 PM

Underclocked today to 350mhz.
Power consumption 3A @ 240V (720W) (-50%)
Hashrate 520Gh/s (-35%)
Ghs / Watt 0.72 (+21%)

Default settings:
600mhz
Power consumption 6A @ 240v (1440W)
Hashrate 810Gh/s
Gh/s / Watt 0.5625

Those are great "space heater" settings, actually. Keeping them for when the A3 becomes barely profitable, thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: