Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Did You do Wrong  (Read 300 times)
SchlaWinner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:16:39 PM

4 Words, summed up as 1 Word: FOMO

its basically what made me cry at the beginning.

but yea, you learn, you move on, so did I, luckily Smiley

I am too awesome to even do Signature campaigns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:31:01 PM

Here is a fun question for all of you who started in trading in crypto. I know this is a learning experience for all.
What do you wish you did or didn't do when you first started, trading, buying and selling?

What did you learn? that you should have done or not.
this could be fun

mine was traded too much of my BTC and should have held.
as I didn't know anything about trading at that time. now I know.
plus buying some coins at too high and wanting to just have it
now I am smarter, I wait wait till a dip and buy at a low point

now your turn

Everyone makes mistakes and it's often the case that if the mistake wasn't made, they could have been the next crypto millionaire. I started off my journey in Bitcoin back when it was around $200.

I had around 3 BTC back then, but got pulled into a pretty simple scam. Ended up losing around 2 BTC in that.

Another one would be a couple of ICOs that I could have invested into. I was very very close to putting in a good chunk into Enjincoin when it was announced. Ended up not doing it because I was lazy and didn't want to convert my BTC over to ETH. Would've bought at around 1-2 cents per coin. It recently hit 50 cents per coin.

I guess one think to take away from this is to research before you act, and if you're on edge, act on instinct. Don't let things distract you!

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:38:33 PM

In my early days of trading i just wanted to make money as fast as possible and i never considered holding a coin for more than a period of 2-3 weeks. And most of then coin i had invested in earlier are at moon right now and are doing very well. I panicked sold some of the coins too i wish i hadn't done that.

Your stretegy is fine for altcoins what about the bitcoin bro. If you sell the bitcoin you see continous dump you will loose all the profit you can make in the upcoming bumps in the marketplace. If you sold the bitcoin 6 hours before you loose the profit around 500 USD and more.
Trading I do not sell the bitcoins but I keep on converting the bitcoins with the localbitcoins site still they have the deposit fees bearing on the customer's head.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:37:48 PM

Mistakes always happen, even for average/experts traders... Especially because it's an unpreditable market. The most recent mistake I committed was to buy Bitcoins when it was pricing about $14.000.  Tongue

I shouldn't have done that, but how could I know the price would drop so hard?  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:48:36 PM

Here is a fun question for all of you who started in trading in crypto. I know this is a learning experience for all.
What do you wish you did or didn't do when you first started, trading, buying and selling?

this could be fun

now your turn
Common mistake on newbie to trading this is "Buy HIGH Sell Low" but well these things cant really be avoided because we do still lack of knowledge but somehow we would really able to enhance our skill and ideas towards it. Mistakes and regrets can really be felt this is why we do strive to learn even more to avoid those mistakes again and to be profitable on this trading career.

seizetehday5

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:37:39 PM

Learned some of the lessons you did as well of course but the main lesson I took away from my learning was that to always trust yourself. Don't listen to others expectations, don't second guess yourself, and always go with your gut. Biggest lesson I have learned in crypto hands down but probably applies to all markets is that if you don't trust yourself you won't have confidence and whatever skill you had is gonzo.

tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:54:40 PM

I have had some experience, but above all I have tempered my temper, and learned to observe the market.  Cheesy Cheesy

Same on me I have tried to observe first the market because my experience before was just depending to others information without observation. At this time is good enough to know the process in the market in terms of trading and I also trust myself too maybe that is an instinct.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:21:38 PM

this could be fun

now your turn
My mistake that I couldn't wait and invest almost all my funds in altcoins and didn't leave some free money. If you did like that you became a longterm investor and can't do anything to minimize losses or buy on dip nice coins.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:48:40 PM

I had so many things which I have done wrong  especially in terms of trading and those are I didn't buy any of the potentials altcoins together with bitcoin during time when their value was in a stage of cheap price which is supposed to be I must take the opportunity to buy any of them according to what I can afford to em.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:22:31 PM

this could be fun

now your turn
My mistake that I couldn't wait and invest almost all my funds in altcoins and didn't leave some free money. If you did like that you became a longterm investor and can't do anything to minimize losses or buy on dip nice coins.
Well i believe people do wrong in the  bitcoin field when they dont have enoughf patience on waiting by the right time to sell or maybe to buy maybe because of the overwelming emotion or excitement that is why people did a wrong decision.I think we really need to controll our emotion in this feild because we really looking for profit here and we know that patience is important on cryptocurrency.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:17:35 AM

this could be fun

now your turn
Well i believe people do wrong in the  bitcoin field when they dont have enoughf patience on waiting by the right time to sell or maybe to buy maybe because of the overwelming emotion or excitement that is why people did a wrong decision.I think we really need to controll our emotion in this feild because we really looking for profit here and we know that patience is important on cryptocurrency.
Actually, every of us always get mistake and even a lot of mistakes and it’s so normal. For the first time, almost everything is in trouble  because we don’t have more knowledge, and also experience. You need time to be farmiliar with new environment, if you do with patient you will get profits gradually. I used to be afraid of buying , selling and I thought I am really stupid in making a decision because I always do panic. I have to control my emotion a lot and I think maybe most of us all have the same trouble when we take part in crypto. If you have plan using bitcoin for a long term, patience is an important key for you to pass through many difficulties.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:10:33 AM

In my early days of trading i just wanted to make money as fast as possible and i never considered holding a coin for more than a period of 2-3 weeks. And most of then coin i had invested in earlier are at moon right now and are doing very well. I panicked sold some of the coins too i wish i hadn't done that.

Your stretegy is fine for altcoins what about the bitcoin bro. If you sell the bitcoin you see continous dump you will loose all the profit you can make in the upcoming bumps in the marketplace. If you sold the bitcoin 6 hours before you loose the profit around 500 USD and more.
Trading I do not sell the bitcoins but I keep on converting the bitcoins with the localbitcoins site still they have the deposit fees bearing on the customer's head.
In trading, you need to sell and buy. It is not possible to trade without selling out and as far as someone is selling out at a higher price and then planning to buy that amount again, it is okay to go with this flow. But I am against the permanent selling out of bitcoin at the present moment. It is also not the way of this profession. Simply holding on can also give us back some good amount of profit.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

Of course, what you do is great. I also do that, though sometimes the panic always appears suddenly but right now I have tried to be as patient as possible and waiting for the right moment to buy and sell.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:12:16 PM

My main mistake was this: I incorrectly determined the entry and exit points from the coin. First I bought a coin at the moment of growth. Accordingly, or received a small profit or even lost money. Thus, and with the exit point: he sold early and received a small profit.
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

No regrets. I got in very early that I can't take a loss anymore. Whatever I lose trading, I know it's just a matter of time and I'll more than make up for it. I also spread my bets on good horses so the portfolio never turns red.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:18:55 PM

So many wrong things that i have done before. When i was a beginner in crypto currency wayback 5years ago, im not a fan of holding a coin because i dont want to wait a long time to earn money. By that time i sell that altcoin for only 300$ , and if i still hold that coin now, its worth 100k$ +. How ironic!

GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:40:41 PM

I learn to become more patient and still hold no matter what. Yes I am an emotional person and when all are starting to down I think about selling but luckily until now I am still holding it.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

I learn to become more patient and still hold no matter what. Yes I am an emotional person and when all are starting to down I think about selling but luckily until now I am still holding it.
That's what most mistakes of being too emotional persons, when you trade you must hold your emotions. Never got panic when price felling down. This was my mistakes selling all of my coins during those times that market went down.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:21:30 AM

Should have ethereum earlier last year.
In retrospective it is easy to say that but there are no guarantees that is why unless you were completely determined to buy ethereum and something made you not buy ethereum then I do not think of it as a mistake, very few if any could have predicted all the crazy things that happened last year, so forget about it and concentrate in new coins that can skyrocket.
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:20:02 AM

this could be fun

now your turn

What did you learn?
Always be patient, there are always time for a promising coins to pump, no matter how long it is.

I started to know crypto wayback 2011, i already know the bitcoin but i'm ignoring the opportunity to earn. If only i buy some bitcoin at the time , i think im already a millionaire now. Time machine please?  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: