Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Seele is exploring the new peak of blockchain 4.0!  (Read 14078 times)
RodneyGrillery

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:54:20 PM

Be aware of Seele scam! (self.CryptoCurrency)
submitted 16 hours ago * by Ma_tee_as1 - 2 years account age. 200 - 1000 comment karma.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7xrel4/be_aware_of_seele_scam/

Hey, so today is the whitelist opening of Seele and I have to share my DD because that's the biggest rip-off I have seen for a long time.
The CEOs arent blockchain experts If you search for the CEOs and others in their universities homepage such as Dr. Bi Wei you can see that he was a Glaucoma researcher there. How crazy is this? If you do it with the other members too you'll see that they have been phd students there but that's it. Nothing blockchain related at all. People from that groups at those universities have been asked if they know them. They do and they say they have absolutly nothing to do with blockchain!
The Whitepaper
It's a joke. Some gibberish phrasing to fool people. The best part is the end with the references: 4 refs 3 of them to Wikipedia
The long time pinned message regarding chainted.com and their famous investor Peter Du.
I have abolutly no idea that guy even exists. For a good time this pined message on Telegram and on the chainted homepage claimed he invested in Iota, Bat and Zilliqa too. I have been in the Zilliqa presale and translated their whitepaper so I have good connections to Zilliqa and asked them about Peter Du and Chainted. I have email proof, where they say they never heard of him and will force him to remove this. They removed then the whole website and on the Seele homepage Zilliqa isnt mentioned anymore. They now added Raiblocks to that list.
Guys. This is all fake!
What I think what Seele is: They found out that westeners fall for big Chinese projects. They took their phd and university reputation to fake their career. They are the faces of this moneygrabbing project. They added the big universities for credibility and faked an entire investor in Peter Du. They faked a homepage ChainTED. They got called out and deleted this already.
This is much more proof here we collected in github:

https://github.com/ico-check/ico-check/issues/58

Be aware guys! Don't let them scam you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCKAQVv_Ivw (( from 5.22>))

Good job, anything coming up with 1Million TPS claims is most likely to be a scam lol. Credits ico is another example but they expose themselves in whitepaper itself due to poor english skills.

Well EOS has always claimed they will reach 1 million TPS, you think they're a scam?  They were throwing scam around left and right for EOS when their ICO first started as well.  Poor English skills in a Whitepaper (while extremely disappointing) doesn't always signify a scam either.  

Asian based projects often get their whitepapers translated to English by regular people that step up and offer to help, but those people aren't always fully vetted that do the translations.  When they don't have someone else translate it, they likely have an Asian person that has English as their second (or third language) drawing up the whitepaper, so poor English skills I can give a pass.

I'm not claiming Seele is legit (I haven't read the reddit yet, and I know revelacaog to be a quality poster), but if I listened to the scam claims that have been thrown around in the past, the large majority of the current crypto market would be a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:41:17 AM

Despite of all that happened I still think that Seele can be the future of blockchain!

I want to give them another chance... Let's see how they will handle the "new" whitelist process.
BillionDollarMan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:50:47 AM

Be aware of Seele scam! (self.CryptoCurrency)
submitted 16 hours ago * by Ma_tee_as1 - 2 years account age. 200 - 1000 comment karma.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7xrel4/be_aware_of_seele_scam/

Hey, so today is the whitelist opening of Seele and I have to share my DD because that's the biggest rip-off I have seen for a long time.
The CEOs arent blockchain experts If you search for the CEOs and others in their universities homepage such as Dr. Bi Wei you can see that he was a Glaucoma researcher there. How crazy is this? If you do it with the other members too you'll see that they have been phd students there but that's it. Nothing blockchain related at all. People from that groups at those universities have been asked if they know them. They do and they say they have absolutly nothing to do with blockchain!
The Whitepaper
It's a joke. Some gibberish phrasing to fool people. The best part is the end with the references: 4 refs 3 of them to Wikipedia
The long time pinned message regarding chainted.com and their famous investor Peter Du.
I have abolutly no idea that guy even exists. For a good time this pined message on Telegram and on the chainted homepage claimed he invested in Iota, Bat and Zilliqa too. I have been in the Zilliqa presale and translated their whitepaper so I have good connections to Zilliqa and asked them about Peter Du and Chainted. I have email proof, where they say they never heard of him and will force him to remove this. They removed then the whole website and on the Seele homepage Zilliqa isnt mentioned anymore. They now added Raiblocks to that list.
Guys. This is all fake!
What I think what Seele is: They found out that westeners fall for big Chinese projects. They took their phd and university reputation to fake their career. They are the faces of this moneygrabbing project. They added the big universities for credibility and faked an entire investor in Peter Du. They faked a homepage ChainTED. They got called out and deleted this already.
This is much more proof here we collected in github:

https://github.com/ico-check/ico-check/issues/58

Be aware guys! Don't let them scam you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCKAQVv_Ivw (( from 5.22>))

Good job, anything coming up with 1Million TPS claims is most likely to be a scam lol. Credits ico is another example but they expose themselves in whitepaper itself due to poor english skills.

Well EOS has always claimed they will reach 1 million TPS, you think they're a scam?

Why not? It's a scam unless and until proven otherwise and I do buy "shiny" scams but neither Seele nor Credits are shiny anymore.  Wink Grin
BTW just noticed, you are advertising a "shiny scam" in your profile signature, good luck with that lol
RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:06:05 AM

Cheesy  yeah yeah yeah

I think the interpretation of scam just gets thrown around way too loosely in crypto.  Just because you don't have the live product doesn't make you a scam, especially when you openly advertise that you don't have the product and that  you are in the early stages of development.

GoNetwork is FAR from a scam

CONFIDO was a scam...Bitconnect, Credence coin, etc. ponzi schemes -- those were scams.

The idea that everything is a scam until it isn't is just silly, and by that logic everything in this industry was once a 'scam'.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:12:47 AM

I get a weird feeling when a project is claiming 3.0, but when they are already claiming 4.0? Pff
ladozhskiy1995

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:39:30 AM

promising concept with a awesome team.  i will definitely be digging more into this and following closely,niced blockchain Smiley
BillionDollarMan

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:28:44 AM

Cheesy  yeah yeah yeah

I think the interpretation of scam just gets thrown around way too loosely in crypto.  Just because you don't have the live product doesn't make you a scam, especially when you openly advertise that you don't have the product and that  you are in the early stages of development.

CONFIDO was a scam...Bitconnect, Credence coin, etc. ponzi schemes -- those were scams.

The idea that everything is a scam until it isn't is just silly, and by that logic everything in this industry was once a 'scam'.

XRP is a billion dollar scam so go do some research then come back. Seele is way better than GoNetwork scam though  Grin
Fleisher

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:28:50 AM

when will the whitelist go back online?

buy me a beer with Tezos tz1eUaNAVLTxCkQ2zDjbiYzPfFpVETfbZsrX
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10999682
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

I get a weird feeling when a project is claiming 3.0, but when they are already claiming 4.0? Pff

We still dont have blockchain 3.0, and they already have 4.0? Its funny. They banned me in telegram just for question about KYC. I dont know what is this... but really, wtf?
rpgmasters

Activity: 702
Merit: 105

t.me/CryptoPortfel > JOIN

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:49:21 PM

We still dont have blockchain 3.0, and they already have 4.0? Its funny. They banned me in telegram just for question about KYC. I dont know what is this... but really, wtf?

Cheesy n1

https://t.me/privatepools -> инвecтиpyeм в тoпoвыe кpиптo-пpoeкты.
RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:07:08 AM

Cheesy  yeah yeah yeah

XRP is a billion dollar scam so go do some research then come back. Seele is way better than GoNetwork scam though  Grin

You just have a terrible interpretation of what a scam is that's all.

As far as Seele being better than GoNetwork we can agree to disagree on that.  Both projects can co-exist and I'm not here to talk down on Seele either.  I have no bias for or against Seele, but obviously stating you're blockchain 4.0 as if the tech is better than all preceding blockchains will put a target on your back.
BillionDollarMan

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:37:39 AM

Cheesy  yeah yeah yeah

As far as Seele being better than GoNetwork we can agree to disagree on that.  Both projects can co-exist and I'm not here to talk down on Seele either.  I have no bias for or against Seele, but obviously stating you're blockchain 4.0 as if the tech is better than all preceding blockchains will put a target on your back.

Both project can coexists like many other scams that are co-existing. Xun Cai's drunk confession which were dismissed as a hack (which is also a red flag of dumbness if you chose to believe hack version) weigh more than Seele phishing scam,stupidity of google docs and scammy marketing gimmick of blockchain 4.0 when 3.0 doesn't exist.
Very few of the ICO unicorns have delivered any utility they promised so it is best method to start with suspicion of a scam then work your way down to assuring yourself that it is not a scam. To quote sherlock holmes  "when you have eliminated the impossible (insert scams), whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth(insert not a scam)"
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

everything is part of definition. You might define something really innovative as 4.0. But this has to be well proven

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

Seele and Bounty0x Partner to Apprehend the Telegram Thieves

https://blog.bounty0x.io/seele-and-bounty0x-partner-to-apprehend-the-telegram-thieves-476b67d95934

We are proud to announce that Seele is partnering with Bounty0x in an effort to find the criminals who stole ICO contributor funds and bring them to justice. The bounty is live here with 100 Eth reward

Bounty Details

Seele Scammer Apprehension — Scammer hunting bounty

Seele is driven to find the perpetrators of the recent telegram scam, and has chosen to allocate 100 Ethereum worth of Seele tokens for the apprehension of the scammers. The team will be setting up a 45 day campaign, where those that have provided information on the criminals will be rewarded accordingly for their intel in finding the guilty parties.

If the thieves are found, 100% of the bounty allocation will be dispersed amongst the bounty hunters that provided relevant information. If the criminals are not found, they have graciously agreed to still pay out 50% of their campaign allocation to bounty hunters, in return for efforts in finding the perpetrators.
This is a very considerate notion by Seele, and signifies the dignity and sincerity that the team holds. We hope that our efforts at Bounty0x, along with that of the Seele team and the community can result in the apprehension of these criminals.
Background Information

Over the past year, cryptocurrency has exploded. New blockchain companies often enter the arena with the launch of an ICO (Initial Coin Offering), a method of raising funds for the overall development of a project. Recently, scammers have been targeting popular ICOs amongst the crypto community, due to the overwhelming support and funding that these companies are able to attract.

One of the most recent projects that have unfortunately encountered fraudulent activity is Seele. Seele is arguably the most promising project of 2018, showing amazing potential due to their team and tech. Recently, Seele fell victim to a malicious scam in their Telegram group, where scammers wrongfully obtained funds from others.

This is not an uncommon event in the crypto community, as many ICOs have also suffered from fraudulent attacks. Usually, the majority of these ICOs try to remedy the act by offering a generic apology to those affected, with hopes that the topic would be soon forgotten.
Seele has taken a different and more sincere approach to this issue. The team at Seele has vowed to refund each and every one of the victims of the robbery, and allow them to also have allocation in their already oversubscribed ICO.

TanyaCrazy2020

Activity: 308
Merit: 103

UNCLOAK - Cyber Threat Detection

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:14:33 PM

when will the whitelist go back online?

If I understand correctly, they will anounce whitelist opening 24 hours before. We need to follow news in Telegram

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:01:20 AM

Cheesy  yeah yeah yeah

Both project can coexists like many other scams that are co-existing. Xun Cai's drunk confession which were dismissed as a hack (which is also a red flag of dumbness if you chose to believe hack version) weigh more than Seele phishing scam,stupidity of google docs and scammy marketing gimmick of blockchain 4.0 when 3.0 doesn't exist.
Very few of the ICO unicorns have delivered any utility they promised so it is best method to start with suspicion of a scam then work your way down to assuring yourself that it is not a scam. To quote sherlock holmes  "when you have eliminated the impossible (insert scams), whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth(insert not a scam)"

Cheesy

Yo, see this is why I like you. I don't always be agreeing with you when I see you across the forums because you're pretty much a notorious FUDer, but I do respect you because you're more in tune with coins than the average person on these forums.  

If you talking about Xun Cai its about the money convo, you can spin it HOWEVER YOU WANT hacked or not.  To me, personally it's overblown.  Now, let's just say its real; is that the kind of thing you want your supporters seeing...Nah not necessarily, I can give you that  Cheesy.  Obviously you want everything to come off and sound politically correct, but make no mistake about this, this is capitalism.  

There's a lot of great technology in this space, but this space generally speaking is dominated by capitalist minds.  Just because you don't catch people literally saying that doesn't mean they ain't on it like that.  So many people in this space have their hands in numerous projects when the first one they got in was enough to set them straight.  Larimer is one of the faces of this space and basically how that chat reads is what Larimer is literally doing.  Its just not stated in a way where people could act all emotional about it, because that's what Americans generally do, act emotional and sensitive over little stuff.  If it's not one thing its always something else (with almost every coin at some point), so wake me up when you have something official....

Oh, we do!!  So you said a gonetwork convo weighs more than the 2 million Seele scam that apparently used real Seele admin telegram accounts  Cheesy.  Well sir, you're entitled to your opinion but I gotta say I vehemently disagree there.  That's real money that we know for certain is stolen, it ain't no speculation, that's as real as it gets.  Even as bad as that really is, it's something that Seele could rebound from if they're indeed legit.  

It's a horrible outcome...If the accounts were hacked, obviously that's no good.  If they weren't and they hired at least one of those guys (like seelesupport) and he went Awol it wouldn't suprise me because alot of these projects mindlessly get people to run their communities.  This space is desperate for cheap social media help/traffic, that's why there are all sorts of bounties in the first place.  It's not really that hard to become an admin to a project because many of these projects aren't fully vetting people.  I'm not condoning it, that's just what is, and it's definitely squarely on the Seele team.
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:29:27 PM

When do we need to do ICO and KYC / AML? It's been a long time since your first attempt. Do not let new projects cross the front.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
BillionDollarMan

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:15:06 PM

https://blog.bounty0x.io/seele-and-bounty0x-partner-to-apprehend-the-telegram-thieves-476b67d95934

We are proud to announce that Seele is partnering with Bounty0x in an effort to find the criminals who stole ICO contributor funds and bring them to justice. The bounty is live here with 100 Eth reward

Bounty Details

Seele Scammer Apprehension — Scammer hunting bounty

Seele is driven to find the perpetrators of the recent telegram scam, and has chosen to allocate 100 Ethereum worth of Seele tokens for the apprehension of the scammers. The team will be setting up a 45 day campaign, where those that have provided information on the criminals will be rewarded accordingly for their intel in finding the guilty parties.

If the thieves are found, 100% of the bounty allocation will be dispersed amongst the bounty hunters that provided relevant information. If the criminals are not found, they have graciously agreed to still pay out 50% of their campaign allocation to bounty hunters, in return for efforts in finding the perpetrators.
This is a very considerate notion by Seele, and signifies the dignity and sincerity that the team holds. We hope that our efforts at Bounty0x, along with that of the Seele team and the community can result in the apprehension of these criminals.
Background Information

Over the past year, cryptocurrency has exploded. New blockchain companies often enter the arena with the launch of an ICO (Initial Coin Offering), a method of raising funds for the overall development of a project. Recently, scammers have been targeting popular ICOs amongst the crypto community, due to the overwhelming support and funding that these companies are able to attract.

One of the most recent projects that have unfortunately encountered fraudulent activity is Seele. Seele is arguably the most promising project of 2018, showing amazing potential due to their team and tech. Recently, Seele fell victim to a malicious scam in their Telegram group, where scammers wrongfully obtained funds from others.

This is not an uncommon event in the crypto community, as many ICOs have also suffered from fraudulent attacks. Usually, the majority of these ICOs try to remedy the act by offering a generic apology to those affected, with hopes that the topic would be soon forgotten.
Seele has taken a different and more sincere approach to this issue. The team at Seele has vowed to refund each and every one of the victims of the robbery, and allow them to also have allocation in their already oversubscribed ICO.

Well that's a good start if only you hadn't banned me from group then I would have dropped bounty suggestion even earlier than forum. Still long way to go to reclaim "not a scam"  Grin
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:35:11 AM

Dear Seele community,
Our team has worked diligently to improve and optimize the whitelist registration process over the past week. After much aniticipation, we are pleased to finally announce that whitelist registrations will start on 2018/02/26, 06:00 am UTC. For more information and updates, please follow our Telegram announcement page.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:44:24 AM

The day I expected came. I hope they can handle it this time. If they fail again, I will never come back with whitelist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: