Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in 2018 ?  (Read 2459 times)
89shaky

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

It seems to me that the issue of bitcoin mining remains relevant all the time, at any time. It is necessary to seek to get as much bitcoin as possible, if of course you want to have a good income. Smiley
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
89shaky

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:37:46 PM

It depends on your initial budget for the equipments and for electricity. But I am sure that making money by mining Bitcoin is nowadays harder than a few years ago, because it requires actually to spend a lot of money and waiting a long time until you get back your ROI and start generating the profit.
I think that if a person has a question about bitcoin mining, he probably has money for it. It is expensive and difficult, it used to be easier, but, unfortunately, very few people knew about Bitcoin before
Cassy14

Activity: 237

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:47:04 PM

YEs it is as long as the electric bill will be low.
there are different county in this world and different collections of bill in this world.
If you are in a country that collects a cheap electric bill then its ok.
as long as you can gain then it is good.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:35:59 PM

No, you do not need to buy a computer for mining now!It is extremely not profitable.Production is much more complicated and the computer will burn faster than pay off.A lot of my friends lost a lot of money.We even atlasplus from cloud mining,as even he ceased to pay off.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:44:09 PM

The problem is that bitcoin mining becomes harder every time a new bitcoin is mined but while this process keeps going on the price remains the same or even goes down. It's obviously that mining bitcoin becomes less profitable since you pay the same amount of money for investments in equipment but you produce less bitcoin wich equals less profit made. Probably its still profitable on the big scale otherwise people would stop mining bitcoin but if you want to start doing this by yourself you are probably going to lose more than you earn.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:47:30 PM

Mining of bitcoin has really gone far to the extent that currently we are way above the 16 Milion block.  the difficulty in mining also has increased so if you are now getting into mining then you need to join a pool of miners so that you can stand the chance of earning some rewards.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:48:02 AM

Nah mate. Mostly it's a waste of time and effort. Bitcoin mining requires a lot of resources which are usually not within the means of an individual. You can try your hands on mining shitcoins with low difficulty level
Yes, it is up to you to mine or not to mine, and you have to use expensive machines and lots of capital if you do not have it. My advice is that no ocit mining than you will lose. and even waste time if we always invest without capital
I suggest to still mine bitcoin, No doubt about it. It is the bitcoin that makes everyone loves cryptocurrency, at the same time it is the future and we must consider using it, No question about that. This will surely not disappoint us because we are heading in a technology era. Mining is still a great way of gaining though it is a lot more costly than trading or gambling.
bxipp

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:55:20 AM

Yeah it still worth to mine bitcoin depend on what hardware are you using at. For me i just use my asic miner cause it more easy to use and had a short to roi. It depend on your tariff of electricity. So go make your own mining cause it really easy to earn money with passive.
nak02

Activity: 512

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

I think some of the people of my countries are retired in mining because I've seen that many of them selling there rigs and they say mining is dead. Because in our country electricity is expensive here. Not just like japan and other countries have a nuclear to less in the electricity bill. They are now focused in trading it's more profitable than mining they said.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:59:55 AM

Bitcoin mining is still highly profitable and it will always be. If it wasn't profitable nobody would be still mining it. It is costly though, you need the newest miners and electricity fees are high but you got to spend money to make money.
Of course, mining other coins is easier is less costly but less profitable. You can't just expect you can make high profits with some old CPU miners, those days are long gone.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:46:32 PM

For me it's not ok to start trading for now the price of altcoins and bitcoin is already fall its price so if you are planning to start mining. In this year make sure the prices of Coin what you gonna choose to mine is in good condition of price.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:00:34 PM

Most bitcoin and altcoin are down, Mining is still quite attractive but not as much profit as before, need big investment and slow return!
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

if you can get cheap electricity and naturally cold environment - yes, Bitcoin mining is still profitable.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:05:11 PM

My question is if it's still worth buying Asic's and start mining BTC in 2018.

If not mine BTC what other coin is it worth to mine nowadays?

Many bitcoin miners right now are selling their rigs, that's why VGA card price is dropping lately.
So it's indicate bitcoin mining is not worth it anymore.
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:30:03 AM

Bitcoin mining is still very profitable but you need to have huge capital so that you can earn much profit. Actually, aside from bitcoin you can also mine ethereum and I think there are many transaction in ethereum than bitcoin so that I it is more profitable to mine ethereum.
Layers318

Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 09:38:25 AM

Mining Bitcoin will continue to be lucrative as long as Bitcoin continue to be valuable on the market. Mining of Bitcoin is always getting harder as they are mined. With time, Bitcoin will be very scarce because the amount of BTC mined will decrease which will make Bitcoin very limited in supply.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

In addition to bitcoin there are many other currencies worth exploring. Litecoin is a coin worth exploring. Litecoin has a limited number of 84 million units, while the maximum number of Bitcoin is 21 million. In circulation there are about 54 million Litecoin and 16.7 million Bitcoins. Litecoin aims to reduce the time required for new transactions and refine Bitcoin's exploitation methods so that anyone can participate.
coltsrule7

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:59:42 PM

It is always worth it to mine btc as long as you don't mind the sound of the machine and/or you are okay with using your electricity bill as a credit card on which to purchase btc every month.

That's how I look at it. I used to have a 2 THs miner plus my S3 miner going and all through out 2015 - 2017 they mined fine. The 2 THs miner was loud as all hell but I put it in the garage so it was okay. But then an angry neighbor smashed it lol. Anyways through that time I never once thought about shutting them off. ( It was to much fun mining ) And the electricity at the end of the day was manageable.

HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:59:53 PM

I think the profit from bitcoin mining is quite low at the moment. The cost for the extraction process is too high, the bitcoin price is low. If you want to exploit bitcoin or another currency you should consider carefully

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:02:28 PM

I feel for now it's still very worthwhile to do mining btc because the price of btc has started to crawl up from what I saw a few days ago, and starting to show signs of an increase, will the price of btc rise again to the highest point as at the beginning of 2017? if you believe this, then mining is a thing that is still very suitable at this time depending on what spec pc you use and also depends on how many electricity bills in your country are worth mining or not, that's the thing that must be taken into account if you want to do mining for now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: