Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Us Spread Bitcoin to Mexico  (Read 4832 times)
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:02:10 AM

I'm surprised bitcoin isn't in Mexico, i thought it was worldwide?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

I'll be visiting PV in Feb. I told the wife that I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of vendors there readily accepting BTC on this visit. She ridiculed me soundly.

It'd be nice to have the last laugh. Or at least to be able to make at least one purchase there in BTC.

Watching.

Hey, that's great! I hope you'll pay Gurmeet a visit. Part of the way we've been convincing restaurants to accept Bitcoin is that we provide free tech support, and Gurmeet might have questions when he's at his Indian restaurant (and some other venues, maybe) in Puerto Vallarta. He'll be happy to give you a discount.

If anybody can get there before that, though, that will be good. You'll get a beer on the house, at least.  Smiley

Cool. We stay at a resort on the beach couple miles N of the Malecon. All buses and taxis for getting around. If his place is near town, we could stop by. What's the name, and where?

Primary venue: http://www.indiagatefood.com/menu/puerto-vallarta-menu-mx/ Like Indian food?  Smiley

Love it.

This is cool - the restaurant is only a couple km south of our lodging.

This is almost cooler - I think I ate at the Vancouver location a couple months back. It was likewise very near (blocks) my lodging.
Not sure if he was accepting Bitcoin, yet, at that time. He might have just started to, actually. We just didn't give him the signs. But he's accepting Bitcoin now, if you ever come back, as are my other restaurant-owning friends. Smiley

By the way, Gurmeet is in Mexico RIGHT NOW. I hate to beat a dead horse, but is anybody near Puerto Vallarta?

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 10:18:57 AM

I've posted a message in the Spanish subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282270.0

Thanks a bunch!  I was afraid I would have to learn the Spanish language and fly to Mexico. Hopefully someone notices.

Excellent translation devices do exist.
danystatic

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:47:06 AM

I am in Mexico, Monterrey

Not Puerto Vallarta Sad

if I can help message me,
we are starting to team up in the city
btcpr

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:50:29 PM

New localized merchant directory for Mexico:

https://bitcoinmexi.co

Merchants can add their businesses and people add reviews of their experience.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 05:47:48 PM

Good work!

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:22:51 PM

Gurmeet is in Mexico, now. He is getting the first Bitcoin venue in Mexico ready, and we're going to put an ATM there and have a CoinFest simultaneous with the Vancouver one.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
btcpr

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:54:40 PM

Gurmeet is in Mexico, now. He is getting the first Bitcoin venue in Mexico ready, and we're going to put an ATM there and have a CoinFest simultaneous with the Vancouver one.

Awesome!
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:42:05 AM

India Gate in Puerto Vallarta now accepts Bitcoin.

btcpr

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 03:08:01 PM

Entry added :

https://bitcoinmexi.co/negocio/india-gate/

Merchant could take ownership of the record and update it as they please.

CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:21:25 PM

I'll be in Cancun in a couple weeks, I'll definitely be looking for opportunities to spend my coins there.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:42:29 PM

The Bitcoin scene is quite developed in some of the Latin american nations, such as Argentina and Costa Rica. We can send emissaries from these nations to Mexico.
Monica80

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:34:40 PM

Great idea. I have already convinced people to buy BTC in Mexico. I am from the northern part but now live in Chicago.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Gentlemen Bitcoin: 1GuwSfwVryEhB15vWMx4j52yMPg6EwSAat
Sexy Sexcoins: S66C4UMnpdwEWDgGPLFa94QRTsnvnwGk1b
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:18:44 PM

You can all help by sending Spanish-speaking Bitcoiners who can help give tech advice when we're not there and galvanize a local Bitcoin community. You can also help by participating in CoinFest in Latin America. Chile is already confirmed, although the Mexico one will probably be much bigger.

99Percent

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:26:42 AM

I have 6 comic book stores in Mexico called Fantastico and Comicastle. I don't currently accept bitcoins for purchase of goods but I can trade bitcoins for cash and viceversa.

The stores are located in Monterrey, Guadalajara, Ciudad Satelite, Queretaro and Mexico City (Col. Del Valle Sur).

You can find me as 99Percent in Localbitcoins.com and can deal in fairly large quantities if needed.

If anyone is interested in setting up a conference o forum for bitcoin in Mexico I am more than eager to participate and help.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:19:33 AM

I have extended family in Mexico and would love to have them be able to accept Bitcoin remittance. I don't think there are any exchange opportunities in their area though.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
btcpr

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:49:13 AM

India Gate in Puerto Vallarta now accepts Bitcoin.

Co-founder of Bitcoiniacs | The Bitcoin Store is at the restaurant right now and they don't know anything about bitcoin!  Huh

Any contact there?
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:38:29 AM

Gurmeet, one of the family owners of India Gate in Vancouver and who works with a partner in Puero Vallarta, had told me they take Bitcoin, now. He has now clarified with the following message:

"Partner has a day off today.
What happened yesterday is that he was not there, and have not told staff how to use it.
By Tuesday we hope to have everything sorted our as Monday is a holiday.
‪0115213221900571‬
Please write this number as the contact number (Elias)"

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please be careful and contact us before jumping to conclusions!

btcpr

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:11:09 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please be careful and contact us before jumping to conclusions!

The only conclusion we made was based on your conclusive : "India Gate in Puerto Vallarta now accepts Bitcoin."

We're also here to help.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:03:51 PM

I just mean that Jackson of Bitcoiniacs made it sound like we made the whole thing up. The owner of the venue does know about and plan to accept Bitcoin. He was not there when called. I did prod Gurmeet many times about if it was actually ready immediately that second, and he assured me it was, and so I made an announcement based on the information given to me. I am sorry that it wasted Jackson's time; we should have remembered how passionate the community is, and that they wouldn't wait until Tuesday to try it out.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: