Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Merit Point System???
Happy
Chill As Usual
Not Happy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Feel About This New System??  (Read 2852 times)
athanz88 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:38:11 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 12:39:45 PM by athanz88
Merited by TMAN (4), AngelSky (4), Doell (2), vlom (2), yahoo62278 (1), The Sceptical Chymist (1), sheenshane (1), btc-facebook (1), onrise (1), bill gator (1), uelque (1), Bolt Brownie (1), Lazada (1), danggoron (1), yojodojo21 (1)

Hello People of Bitcointalk Forum. Greetings, my name is athanz88.

With the implementation of new system called "Merit Point System" today, there are lot of emotions going around the forum right now, especially in the meta section.

You can find about it more at :

As I'm not going to discuss about it here (because the discussion is happening on the thread i mentioned at the upper line), I want to propose a poll to a simple question, which is

How Do You Feel About The Merit Point System???

What I'm asking here is only your emotion about this new system (for the poll) and 1 line of your best reason why do you feel that way. Without any discussion in this thread.
I made this poll because it is good to know the statistic for new system as it can be used to do many things. You know, data, and the main thing is because there is no poll in the original thread.

So, please kindly do this polling.

Best regards, athanz88.

P.S : this poll and the statistic gathered is only for a demographic data and will not be used as a tool to object/deny the new implemented system. In fact, im happy with this new system. If this is wrong, please just kindly tell me to delete or lock this topic, and dont bash me Sad

UPDATE !!!

This is what i got from me thread in the first week of merit system applied. I got 100 votes in my thread.

Feel free to comment about it guys !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:49:46 PM
Merited by voteformeg (1), FractalUniverse (1)

I like the idea of merit. As I said in the main post I think it will help cut down useless posts and spam. It will also help fight against signature campaign fraud and account farming.

My only issue with the system is that I was 30 points away from becoming a hero member, but now, I will also have to wait for another 250 merit points. I think that they should have made the merit equal to activity for its introduction.
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:55:40 PM

Hate it. It's another system designed for abuse by a happy few who have unlimited merit power, like the trust system is already abused by a happy few with special trust power. If there were any alternative I would not spend another second more on this forum.  Angry
Michaiah

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:02:09 PM

Just bothered a little since I'm not yet quite confident in my grammar coz I think it is also a basis for a quality post, second is that what else I need to do if no one give me merits? If my account reach the peak of needed activity to rank up.  Do I need to message everyone to give me merit in exchange of one merit also? and that's not good to do because it's like as earning trust, but I'm happy about this because nonsense and repeated thread is irritating me.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:02:43 PM

I like the idea of merit. As I said in the main post I think it will help cut down useless posts and spam. It will also help fight against signature campaign fraud and account farming.

My only issue with the system is that I was 30 points away from becoming a hero member, but now, I will also have to wait for another 250 merit points. I think that they should have made the merit equal to activity for its introduction.
The matter is with merits, you have to totally depends upon others, on their generosity, their free time. That also requires lots of luck. I don't really think that the merit system, by which I mean the current one, will actually solve the problem in fairly way. hence, the merit system should be ajusted in some more appropriate approach.
MonkeyBrain

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:04:08 PM

I don't like how the merit system is currently implemented.  It's setup for abuse of power. Perhaps a different kind of merit system, but not as it currently stands.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:06:22 PM

I'll probably ignore it. It's nice to receive some sort of feedback on a post, and other boards use like and thanks buttons.

Here is my record on one such board.

I know, I spend too much time on the boards. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
prp101

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:18:05 PM

Yup, don't like it, so now you depend on other people to rank up on this forum, that's just not fair.
You could post 100 quality posts and not to receive single merit, and you could post 1 shitpost and get 100 merits.
So yea, it's not really thought through system, and therefore not fair at all...
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

Hello People of Bitcointalk Forum. Greetings, my name is athanz88.

With the implementation of new system called "Merit Point System" today, there are lot of emotions going around the forum right now, especially in the meta section.

You can find about it more at :

As I'm not going to discuss about it here (because the discussion is happening on the thread i mentioned at the upper line), I want to propose a poll to a simple question, which is

How Do You Feel About The Merit Point System???

What I'm asking here is only your emotion about this new system (for the poll) and 1 line of your best reason why do you feel that way. Without any discussion in this thread.
I made this poll because it is good to know the statistic for new system as it can be used to do many things. You know, data, and the main thing is because there is no poll in the original thread.

So, please kindly do this polling.

Best regards, athanz88.

P.S : this poll and the statistic gathered is only a demographic data and will not be used as a tool to object/deny the new implemented system. In fact, im happy with this new system. If this is wrong, please just kindly tell me to delete or lock this topic, and dont bash me Sad

Overall the intention to implement is to encourage quality posts. But let us see how this unfolds. I am sure some tweaking might be required in future.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:34:19 PM

Yup, don't like it, so now you depend on other people to rank up on this forum, that's just not fair.
You could post 100 quality posts and not to receive single merit, and you could post 1 shitpost and get 100 merits.
So yea, it's not really thought through system, and therefore not fair at all...

it is fair... provide value... information... entertainment... just something of substance and in time you will be rewarded by merits..

if you don't, you just shitpost for a sig campaign.. in time you will have no merits then sig campaigns will move to awarding places by merit #'s then you will be totally fucked...

this gives quality a chance over Quantity.. its a good idea, there may be some alteration to the execution, but its doing something over doing nothing and I support that

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:40:48 PM

I only see one negative to the system from my viewpoint out on the fringe - I am discouraged from posting because anything other than more info in return is, in fact, shitposting.

Case in point:  This post may, or may not have merit. I'm not making that determination as I am not a moderator.
This reply is my opinion. As it contains no new or relevant info, it's a shitpost.

I'll take my demerit now, Sir!

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
prp101

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:41:59 PM

it is fair... provide value... information... entertainment... just something of substance and in time you will be rewarded by merits..

if you don't, you just shitpost for a sig campaign.. in time you will have no merits then sig campaigns will move to awarding places by merit #'s then you will be totally fucked...

this gives quality a chance over Quantity.. its a good idea, there may be some alteration to the execution, but its doing something over doing nothing and I support that

Nope it's not, if life would be fair then this would be also...
But like I said:"You could post 100 quality posts and not to receive single merit, and you could post 1 shitpost and get 100 merits."
And I stick to that, no one can guarantee to you that if you keep posting quality shit that you will get merits.
Dr_Nefario

Activity: 518

minter.network

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:42:54 PM

How it will manifest itself on the forum, should be considered comprehensively. Yes, they should help against spam. Already in all sell merits, and it is not a secret for anybody. And this is a very bad, bad twice. First, it is the speculators, and second of all honest users in mind start to have bad thoughts, because they, too, could get a cache.  Ha ha, I'm glad innovation, and on the other hand I'm only 5 days short of the next rank.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:45:04 PM

I like the idea, and hopefully people will post more HQ threads instead of post whore.

Positivebetting
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:46:17 PM

Nope it's not, if life would be fair then this would be also...
But like I said:"You could post 100 quality posts and not to receive single merit, and you could post 1 shitpost and get 100 merits."
And I stick to that, no one can guarantee to you that if you keep posting quality shit that you will get merits.

I guarantee it... post 100 quality posts and ill give you 5 merits..

so there a guarantee of merits... and guess what - others of us with merits to spare will do the same if we see consistent quality posts.. not shitposts... not one lines... not boring shit that has been asked before..  substance... like a good old full English breakfast

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
athanz88 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:55:12 PM

you see this is a shitpost.. pointless adds 0 substance.. so the system is here to stop people posting shit like this..

in time campaign managers will change requirements to Merit not trust.. this will then mean that if people want in on a campaign then they need to have X merit.. as the quality of posts increase and merit is given there will be a clear divide between shitposts like this and posts that provide information or value.. like my one here - pointing out that yours is a shitpost and a waste of your time and anyone else's who is reading it...

in short.. I am great - you are a penis.

Well, whatever you say, if I got minimal 100 person to vote, I can make a demographic data about "how does people feel about merit point when it launched" then later on when merit point system is already working for about months, I can make new poll and then make some comparison.
It is a method to measure people satisfaction about a product, from there we can make other conclusion like how succesful in the eye of users, or we can know which ranks are happy or not happy about it and so on. You can not get that measurement without making a poll or a survey. Sometimes things is created, not only just by talking based on your knowledge.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:42 PM

We do have the same thing in mind. I hope theymos can see this. I'm 30 activities away from becoming an Sr. Member now i need to earn 150 Merits just to rank up.

It's a good thing tho to remove alt accounts lessen the problems with them.
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

I like the idea, but not how it has been implemented. Something like this was necessary to fight the tsunamy of spam, but they way it has been designed with a few exceptions nobody will ever rise in rank any more - they could have abolished the changing of rank all together. Would have been the same.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:13:35 PM

I like the idea, but not how it has been implemented. Something like this was necessary to fight the tsunamy of spam, but they way it has been designed with a few exceptions nobody will ever rise in rank any more - they could have abolished the changing of rank all together. Would have been the same.

Exactly. It is essentially freezing of rankings. With the current implementation getting 90 or 150 points to rise to member or full member is impossible.
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:38:55 PM

Exactly. It is essentially freezing of rankings. With the current implementation getting 90 or 150 points to rise to member or full member is impossible.

I do not think it will be hard. It might not catch on right away but it will definitely pick up in the future once members realize it is vital to the community.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: