Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more signature campaigns for Junior Members - Asking for a grace period  (Read 483 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:59:32 AM

I have not yet fully understood this, but I think that this will be a new way of controlling people, because lately more and more people are beginning to stay on the forum with the same thought, I think it's not worth talking about this thought, so probably they introduced this system
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:16:32 AM

New merit system will helps to make more usefull posts and avoide spam.

JUNIORS CAN´T HAVE A SIGNATURE NOW

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.
I think this problem will be solved by bounty managers of each campaigns and most of participants will get their already earned stakes.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:44:39 AM

Obviously, the manager of each campaign will decide how to operate with juniors with  signatures. Nothing depends on us.

We just can to ask or wait for their announcement.
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:44:43 AM

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.

True this can be a double edge sword since not all people will be aware of the merit system or will give time to consider someone by giving them merits since most of the users here were either learning and reading or just completing their tasks for the bounty campaigns they participated. I mean it can also be a form of spamming and how will they be able to monitor the legitimacy of these merits I hope someday they would just develop a system or a graph on each profile's activity that include its average character per post and time spent per thread to distinguish those who are just spamming for ranks.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:53:39 AM

As you may be aware, the forum now has a "merit" system. You may find all the details here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

In short, you will need people to "upvote" your posts to advance in rank, as opposed to making a certain amount of posts over time. The rules are explained in more detail in the thread, but "merit" is a scarce resource now, although we don´t know how scarce.

But I am placing this post in AltCoin discussion because it affects how signature campaigns are affected and many members don´t read the "Meta" section.

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

If you consider that there should be some grace period or that an alternative solution could be implemented, you may post here or on the original Meta thread.

If you are a good quality poster you dont have nothing to worry , if you have a good quality post someone will give you a merit and it will help you to rank up .

It is a good policy that forum may have to eliminate those low quality poster.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:09:15 AM

Obviously, the manager of each campaign will decide how to operate with juniors with  signatures. Nothing depends on us.

We just can to ask or wait for their announcement.

It'll be up to the project leader to decide.  Usually the campaign manager is just an employee.  It doesn't look good for jr. members though since the signature link isn't clickable.  It'll be unfair to those who have a working signature to split their bounties with non working ones.  It'll be fair to payout for the weeks up to this new merit change since most stakes are earned weekly anyways.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:09:36 AM

The introduction of merit system is no doubt a good development in the community. But what I am trying to understand is what will be the effect of using my merit and not receiving any for my account to my ranking. For instance, if I decide to award my merits to other users and end up not receiving any, what will be the effect to my ranking? Will my rank be downgraded, remain stagnant or increase? I don't think this was explained in the original merit and ranking post except if I didn't read it well.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:49:21 AM

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.
If you read up the entire announcement on the merit system then you will able to know that keeping smerits would be pointless. It always being suggested to be distribute.  Try to read up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit  which have been mentioned where There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.. Merit system is changing the way to level up rank it would really be more tougher because people do need to make good quality post to earn merits. If not then you will stay on your recent rank for long..

I am saying maybe they just dont care to give merit. I did read it. but people still need to take the time to use it. People are Legendary or Hero could not give any merit and nothing would ever change for them.  So its really on the mid-level members to help others move up.  Even if the merit decays if you do not use it that alone isnt going to motivate people to use it.  Its sort of like surveys or reviews you can send out 1000 emails to click a star 1-5 for a review and you are really only going to get a percentage of responses.  Some will delete the email others will just forget to use it.  I still like the idea of the new system and it can be successful but it does rely on participation.
This is why its getting harder to rank up these days because accumulating those number of merits that required per rank is too high (this is only my own view). There should really be circulation of those smerits or somehow a obligation to put some ratings on daily basis on a certain account. By the way there are smerit accout sources i dont know which person though. Leveling up from Jr member to Member account isnt hard though because it is just 10 merits for you to rank on basing on whats being said:

Jr Member   30   0
Member        60  10

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:07:16 AM

Well the discretion is up to each individual campaign and how they want to proceed this is not our decision. Personally I think they should honor the Jr's as long as the signature code is kept but again it is up to their own discretion. It is too early to tell how the system will work but we do know the merit supply and I think it is roughly 600k based on what I gathered from the merit thread. Again, tough to say what will happen but I think these changes were made with the best of intentions, time will truly tell though.

I agree, It is up to the campaign manager decision whether or not they will still honor JR Member or not, but in my opinion, I for those who have an ongoing campaign that has jr.member onboard, I think they still need to honor them, so that their effort will not be wasted. And for those who will just lunch their ICO, I think that's the time they need to remove JR member if they wanted.

As of the moment, some of the campaigns still accept newbie, in this new rule, I think it still depends on the ICO Dev whether or not they will accept Jr Member or not.
@Mkrish7

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

Never Go Full Retard

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:10:40 AM

I have seen people posting shit without even knowing what they are posting !! Need to deal with less shit posts !! Good yeah  Grin
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:28:48 AM

As you may be aware, the forum now has a "merit" system. You may find all the details here:

In short, you will need people to "upvote" your posts to advance in rank, as opposed to making a certain amount of posts over time. The rules are explained in more detail in the thread, but "merit" is a scarce resource now, although we don´t know how scarce.

But I am placing this post in AltCoin discussion because it affects how signature campaigns are affected and many members don´t read the "Meta" section.

If you consider that there should be some grace period or that an alternative solution could be implemented, you may post here or on the original Meta thread.

Absolutely,I agree with you. I just realised that my signature links aren't clickable which basically jeopardizes my participation in the campaign. Although, these new updates are intended to ensure quality & will benefit the forum in long term , I also wish we had a grace period.
Lovemae

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:39:31 PM

I am sure they are have a good reason if why they putting up merit. Maybe just beacause they want to avoid the spam posting. Some people post a nonsense comment but most comment has a bright idea and can't deny it could help to us for additional knowledge.
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Of course, merit system affects on the fact that all of the newbies can't enhace their rang to Jr.Member. But I'm not sure, how this problem affects on the current Jr.Members. Why will they not to take their bounties after the end of campaign? Could someone explain this?
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

you need some merit? i have sMerit to give: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2833111.msg29044855#msg29044855
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:57:59 PM

I think that Jr´s can have a signature, but I think that it is the links that don´t seem to be there?? Anyway, it is also hard for Members and Full Member... now going up in rank seems almost impossible.

Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:07:12 PM

I understand the way merit system would be an alternative way to eliminate flooding spams in this forum but let's be honest, not only Me but everyone has multiple accounts and theymos (forum administrator) stated that this merit is not monitored fully or partially.

My question for you guys who really read the entire thread:
What if we're going to use our entire merit credits within our accounts? I know that's possible but I think members are afraid that it might cause alternative accounts in banning or any actions will be made by administrators.

inillo (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:03:24 PM

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.

I think you are right about this.  They had to do something because of all the airdrop and signature/bounty threads.  I saw a new coin announcement a while back (I'll have to dig for it), and 2 or 3 of the posters were newbies, and they said the exact same thing, something like 'great project!  I'm joining!.  Not even taking the time to mix it up.  I can just imagine the load that puts in the admins.  If they can get it to work, I'm all for it.
I am not at all against the merit system. Many people, including me, get something out of being here and posting by means of the campaigns and bounties, so it is fair to contribute to the quality of the forum.

However, I think that current campaigns should be allowed to finish, hence this thread.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

Well, it seems that - with the pretext to stop spam and shitposting - high rank try to "freeze" the forum: who is in, is in; who is out, is out.
I would been promoted full member in just some weeks, now I need to earn 90 merits.
Please note that - as merits are scarce (I - as Member - have just ONE to spent) the chance that someone like my post AND has merits to give is extremely low.
Of course, this is a private forum, so the owner can take any decision he likes.
And of course the number of post will decrease drastically, but also the participation to the forum (like it or not, lot of people come here just to earn something).
With less participation, the forum will be less interesting for ICO.
This seems to me against the interest of the forum.

I predict that in some weeks the merit system will stop or will change.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:40:21 PM

it's a good idea in principle but the current version is seriously clunky. it needs to be on the same page and one click. i don't see why there have to be differing amounts either.

the actual amounts of merit required to rank up seem reasonable to me. it takes perhaps three and a half years to get to legendary and you need 750-1000 merits in addition to activity. that's gonna work out to be maybe one merit every 1.2 days.

for non idiot posters i don't think the time required to rank up will change all that much if at all. easy for me to say i know.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:50:03 PM

I like the idea, but the limits are very off target. For full member to become sr. member you need 120 posts and 150 merit points. If they were 40-50 merit I would agree, but 150 is way too much.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: