Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies to crypto cut that negative shit out about Bitcoin.  (Read 220 times)
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:06:26 PM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (1)

I'm seeing more and more new people to crypto parroting the mantra that Bitcoin is old tech and needs to die.

Yes btc is to some extent old tech and yes there are faster, cheaper blockchains. But newbies and even some veterans need to be careful cause if enough people think something then it tends to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Problems that come with taking btc away as root of cryto are really not known. I suggest to you nothing good will come from it and crypto needs btc as a solid reserve currency of sorts and most gains people have made in alts are due to btc rise. Take Bitcoin away from top slot and I think crypto becomes unstable. IMO.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:09:21 PM

Many of those newbies are alt accounts of people with interest of creating FUD about bitcoin. As far as we know it can be alt accounts from people who have shortned bitcoin Grin The futures contract end today at 5pm, lets see how the market reacts, hopefully good!

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:11:04 PM

The thing is, a good number of people only usually look at transaction time and transaction fees for them to decide which coin is better. So obviously, bitcoin would be less desirable to them. That's why we always see RaiBlocks(XRB) shills on r/cryptocurrency. Unfortunately people always look through how overall secure bitcoin is compared to other coins and how stress-tested it has been.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:11:29 PM

Indeed, if bitcoin were replaced by other altcoins, then I can't imagine what would happen to cryptocurrency markets.
If the BTC loses its value, the entire cryptocurrency market will disappear, since the BTC is a similar currency in cryptocurrency markets.

Kozlov

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

Many of those newbies are alt accounts of people with interest of creating FUD about bitcoin. As far as we know it can be alt accounts from people who have shortned bitcoin Grin The futures contract end today at 5pm, lets see how the market reacts, hopefully good!

That's an interesting theory to say the least. We'll see what happens.

I think Alts on Bitcointalk will have a marginal impact on BTC, I can't see it being a huge driver of influence. There are a lot of newcomers slamming Bitcoin because they parted with fiat to get into some ponzi like BitConnect. I would say Bitconnect had a huge impact on the market.

Altcoins are coming through steadily..

Schmolke

Activity: 25
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:09:57 PM

That's an interesting theory to say the least. We'll see what happens.

I think Alts on Bitcointalk will have a marginal impact on BTC, I can't see it being a huge driver of influence. There are a lot of newcomers slamming Bitcoin because they parted with fiat to get into some ponzi like BitConnect. I would say Bitconnect had a huge impact on the market.

Altcoins are coming through steadily..
That is true. The handful of people on Bitcointalk do have a marginal impact on BTC if they have one at all. But apart from the newbies that were fooled by some ponzi like BitConnect there are old traders like me too that think that BTC is beyond it's prime because of the fees. Right now you can do NOTHING with BTC but trading. That is truly REALY BAD for something that wants to be a currency. ^^ If you can't buy anything with BTC then the real value is ZERO! And the second people realize this is when BTC will go down hard. And yes, of course this will bring down all the other crypto currencies too. The thing is that this is not a problem it is the cure because the hype & the high price that followed the hype was nothing but a tulip bubble. The hype also leaded to the high fees (because they are bonded to the price) and the fees made BTC become useless. And as I said before a currency that is useless is without any real value. And anyone that isn't new to trading should remember the MW Medical Hype back in the early years of this century. It was exactly the same back then, every poor newbie and it's grandmother thought they could become rich in no time without any knowledge but this is not how trading works. It's so easy to burn billions  from sheeps that think they are wolves.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:16:29 PM

There are a Handful of alts with REAL dev team behind them the rest are fluff that are about to go straight off a cliff once LN rolls out in full.

There is simply no need for 99% of the erc20 shit tokens

There is no need for 99% of the ltc and dash forks whom have copy and paste devs that cant deal with the slightest issue themselves.

I would say no more than 20 projects on this entire board have good reason to still exist when BTC deals with or works around its issues.

Most of these new ICOS are start ups that have no real connection to crypto other than they couldnt scam seed money out of anyone other than FOMO struck crypto noobs.

Some icos have good ideas and will make good businesses ... most will not.

CryptoChanel

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:18:29 PM

I'm seeing more and more new people to crypto parroting the mantra that Bitcoin is old tech and needs to die.

Yes btc is to some extent old tech and yes there are faster, cheaper blockchains. But newbies and even some veterans need to be careful cause if enough people think something then it tends to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Problems that come with taking btc away as root of cryto are really not known. I suggest to you nothing good will come from it and crypto needs btc as a solid reserve currency of sorts and most gains people have made in alts are due to btc rise. Take Bitcoin away from top slot and I think crypto becomes unstable. IMO.

"unstable" is actually an understatement. Bitcoin is the medium in which all other altcoins thrive, for the moment, in most cases their value is primarily expressed in satoshis - not in $. Take the Bitcoin away and you will have and End-Of-The-World scenario for all other currencies. After that, situation would stabilize again somehow, in a way or another.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:19:49 PM

Correct. It should stop specially here.
We are a bitcoin community and yet we are the ones who wants to paralyze it.
That is just unacceptable.

I know they have their own opinion but please not here. If investors finds out about threads like that, doubting the bitcoin technology then where do we go afterwards.
This could be a landslide and will also take those cryptos out.
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:22:28 PM

I'm new here.  I wasn't happy to read threads yesterday saying Bitcoin will rise massively and then it didn't at all.    Because if people keep saying that and it doesn't happen people are bound to feel a bit let down by it all.    I'm sorry if this is too negative.
Schmolke

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:36:59 PM

I'm new here.  I wasn't happy to read threads yesterday saying Bitcoin will rise massively and then it didn't at all.    Because if people keep saying that and it doesn't happen people are bound to feel a bit let down by it all.    I'm sorry if this is too negative.
Most likely those "price will explode tomorrow" thead starters lost a god chunk of money and now try to convince new people to buy more btc so the price will go up again so they can get rid of their btc without too much butthurt. BUT threads like this have zero impact on the trading market because the market is much to big these days. ^^
1legalco

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:44:41 PM

Crypto market was almost 1 Trillion 30 days

The reason the alts crashed is due to shitcoin being tied to it all

The exchanges all need to untie crypto to the failed shitcoin that Bitcoin is

Then crypto will prosper

The problem is bitcoin

I'm in shitcoin since $5 bucks

Cashed out $19k

I think many crypto projects are great including BTC and ETH here's $3000 FREE CRYPTO https://fracti.org (https://fracti.org)
CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

absolutely right sir.. u sounded way too serious as well.. good post /.. btc is the main idea and reason why everyone is in this crypto world.. nothing else can compare them to bitcoin

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:54:43 PM

People who say that Bitcoin is outdated just have very poor understanding of cryptocurrency protocols, or are deliberately misleading other people to pump their scamcoins. In reality, Bitcoin's problems are fundamental to all cryptocurrencies, and Bitcoin is actually doing the most work to solve it - it has the highest amount of developer activity out of all cryptocurrencies, while many of those coins that promise "free, instant scalable transactions" only have a website and whitepaper and nothing else. I really hope that the release and adoption of Lightning will kill most altcoins.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:57:10 PM

Bitcoin is the gold standard. It will never die as the bankers and globalists own too much of it.
It will never be a global volume payment system - The limits built into it are designed to prevent that. I'm a HODLer, because I believe the only future for Bitcoin is as an increasing store of wealth.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:11:56 PM

Most of the people who are complaining are newfags anyways, it's not like they have any significant presence or reason to be in the community. The majority are also bagholders which got screwed because they bought high on Bitcoin and then watched the price slide, and so their response is that Bitcoin must be old technology or there is something at fault other than their poor investment decisions.

I don't know why you'd bother worrying about what people like them would be saying anyways. I find it much more interesting to focus on the real discussions in the community rather than the tirade of newbies and jr members (and even members now) which keep saying the same thing.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:18:29 PM

Crypto is never been stable even bitcoin is on the top but somehow everythings is on order if BTC got most of the dominance on the market.You cant blame other people to say those words because its just normal for us to make some comments on what we do see and regarding to bitcoin it is actually true that it is already an old tech or there are already alts which do perform much better than of it. Negativity is always there but we do know how strong is the community on which do still love to engage with bitcoin.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:26:52 PM

Yeah, they could tell you that there's more than Bitcoin but let's just be honest without Bitcoin how could those developers will make it without a source from Bitcoin? These people are just like dogs barking to a computer when they can't do anything they just tend to bark and bark. Do you think people will allow Bitcoin to disappear just like that? Aren't they just trying to make a fud?

TheySeeMeHodlingTheyHatin

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

bitcoin is the future and paid fake accounts wont change that
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Bitcoin is really not that old and the only thing that separates Bitcoin from the so called newer cryptos is that they have larger block size which in turn makes their transactions faster and cheaper and thats it, When Bitcoin Core increases it's block size they will not be having any advantage over Bitcoin Core anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: