Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should all drugs be legalized?
Yes - 65 (34.8%)
No - 57 (30.5%)
Not all - 65 (34.8%)
Total Voters: 187

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legalization of drugs?  (Read 3179 times)
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:26:13 PM

I've read the previous pages and surprised that no one took a look on the problem of drugs from another side. The point is that they shouldn't have been  banned at all. Looking backwards i can say that drugs have changed the political worldmap and those changes are pretty far from positive. As we know the drug ban only made the prices higher, which  lead to increase of the criminal interest to this sphere:
1. Drug cartells were smugglling the drugs from abroad. For their revenue they have been building their bloody empires.
2. Sooner or later the drug money were going to the Governments to bribe politicians or criminals just started the politican "career". A lot of major countries had connections to grug money. Besides the people dying in the wars between the drug wars the developement of the whole countries stopped. It became extremely hard to make your own business there and impossible to attract foreign investors. Millions of people are still drowning in poverty because of drug related corruption.
3. Almost every terroristic organisation have drugs as one of the main sourses of income. For those money they start wars and perform attacks in other countries. If a person that bought drugs is fully responsible the harm that he is making to himself terroristic attacks and wars have insane amounts if innocent victims.

This is only a small part of arguments against the drug ban (just wanted to show the problem from the side that was not discussed yet). I belive that humans are smart enough to take controll of their actions (the ones that can't are already taking drugs and feel more harm from the ban or just find another way to kill themselves). Most of the drugs are not so hard to produce, everyone can grow some poppy plants or marijuana in his backyard. Just imagine that to prevent so many deaths and poverty the only thing that should have been done is to allow a man to plant a seed. Remember that state create monopolies which always lead to the bad ending.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Onion lover 888

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:24:13 PM
Merited by bluefirecorp_ (1), Cobaro (1)

Lots of arguments both sides. Legalise to control better and govt to get tax revenue, plus you get ride of drug dealers - they become the government. On the ban side - drugs can and are abused. Different drugs do different things. Sure weed is less harmful but can cause paranoia, cocaine has its own problems as with pain killers etc. I guess a balance between legal and illegal is important to be maintaind
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:03:30 PM

All drugs should be legal,  It's your choice and your not harming anyone but yourself.  The government has no say in what you do with your own body.  The war on drugs causes more murders and prisoners and just makes everything worse.
zedkiel08

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:21:48 AM

I think tge legalization of drugs is not approvable for most people and most countries. Because drugs takes many lives of people , those uses drugs can harm people because when they get high in drugs their thinking is not normal. And most of people who are high in taking drugs kill people , rape women and even molested children.
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:14:35 AM

My vote is yes, for those over 18 years of age. I think all drugs should be available over the counter. Instead of creating black markets for drugs, why not have it open market and just propagandize the dangers?

---
Edit1:
Wow. That's a pretty even split in votes. We're at 2/2/2!  Shocked

Have you ever lost someone to OD? Have you ever had to tell a mother that their son will no longer back back because he was too high and thought jumping off a 10 storey building would mean he could fly? This kind of whimsical questions make me sick.
Think about it, drug means more rage, more out of control people, more hooliganism, more death, more anarchy. No government want this.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:29:41 AM

All drugs should be legal,  It's your choice and your not harming anyone but yourself.  The government has no say in what you do with your own body.  The war on drugs causes more murders and prisoners and just makes everything worse.
There's a lot of types of drugs some of them are used for medication, but there are some drugs who can't approved for legality. These are the heroine, ecstacy, cocaine, amphetamine. In addition there are also drugs that approved for medication but if you abused used it, you can be possible to become crazy like marijuana.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

Have you ever lost someone to OD? Have you ever had to tell a mother that their son will no longer back back because he was too high and thought jumping off a 10 storey building would mean he could fly? This kind of whimsical questions make me sick.
Think about it, drug means more rage, more out of control people, more hooliganism, more death, more anarchy. No government want this.

I hear you man. That's though. But we can't ban something for everyone, because some people will misuse it.
I am not saying that it is useful to allow it, but some people think it could help them and I think they should have the right to make decisions for themselves if they are adults that take care of themselves. Just like you shouldn't drink and drive, you shouldn't take drugs and do dangerous things.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:21:25 PM

You have not specified illegal drugs but since you state the black market I prefer its the illegal drugs you were pointing.

A question which can be easily answered to a person who knows what can be the effects of illegal drugs. Even thou we say that there advantages of using it it ruins and destroy the future objective of a human being. Wanna say that we have freewill? Are you too selfish of yourself? 18 years old and up you want them to enjoy drugs and legalize it? How selfish it is. Maybe you want it to be legalize because you are a dealer or you own some drugs?

Nobody can give peace to everybody and here you are OP trying to promote things that can destroy the entire world.

You have a mental problem your mind is corrupted.

Sorry for my words.
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:43:52 PM

Too few choices in the entry poll. I would go for legalizing cannabis for example, but no way hard drugs. Many people in this thread do not have their kids and cannot even imagine what it's gonna be if you child can legally buy heroine. NO WAY, guys! It is enough that we have alcohol and smoking allowed
scutzi128

Activity: 476
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

You have not specified illegal drugs but since you state the black market I prefer its the illegal drugs you were pointing.

A question which can be easily answered to a person who knows what can be the effects of illegal drugs. Even thou we say that there advantages of using it it ruins and destroy the future objective of a human being. Wanna say that we have freewill? Are you too selfish of yourself? 18 years old and up you want them to enjoy drugs and legalize it? How selfish it is. Maybe you want it to be legalize because you are a dealer or you own some drugs?

Nobody can give peace to everybody and here you are OP trying to promote things that can destroy the entire world.

You have a mental problem your mind is corrupted.

Sorry for my words.

I'm really happy to see that they are not only fools!
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6796

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:13:21 AM

many synthetic drugs pose only dangers
That is most definitely true and I agree with your opinion.  But even "hard" drugs like heroin should be decriminalized, IMO, and I know that stance is controversial, but my take on it is that most of the crime associated with heroin has to do with its illegality.  I could be wrong, but locking up drug addicts doesn't help solve the problem of addiction.  I work in a drug treatment facility and I don't even think we're helping 75% of them in any meaningful way.  Addiction is extremely powerful.  Addicts are basically those experimental mice that keep pressing the cocaine lever and starve themselves to death rather than take time off from the drug to eat.  You can't scare them into getting clean and you can't even reason with them if they're using.  It's very, very hard to treat.  But anyway, it's a good thing those synthetics that get sold in bodegas haven't really caught on.  Synthetics such as carfentanyl ought to be banned.
But is it actually helping anyone (society, the individual, the families) by making this stuff illegal?  I really don't think so.
GavenJack

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:22:17 AM

drugs cause harm, each of us knows it, just some of them less and some more. if we talk about heroin or any synthetic drugs, they do not need to be legalized. it's scary. if we are talking about marijuana .we need to legalize
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:32:33 PM

Drugs - legal, prescription or illegal are being used to serve the depopulation agenda. They reduce fertility and longevity. They also harm the immune system to make people more vulnerable to pandemics like the current 'flu viruses.

Step back and wonder why the country that spends the most on "health care" ( the US ), is the most unhealthy of all the developed nations.
That seems like a gross overgeneralization. Drugs in general do not reduce fertility and longevity, some of them actually increase either or both. The same is true for your second claim.

Although I would be inclined to agree with your last statement. It does indeed seem like US pharma is actively making people sick for reasons that I'm sure we all can imagine.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:28:22 AM

Legalization of drugs can't make good, drugs have chemicals that can change how your body and mind work. this is the reason also of high crime rates of the country.
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:22:31 PM

But is it actually helping anyone (society, the individual, the families) by making this stuff illegal?  I really don't think so.
Then you are an idiot! And anyone that thinks legalizing drugs would help anyone is also an idiot.
When I have a kid, I would sleep easy knowing that my kid will not get access to drugs legally. It may not be impossible for him to do so, but at least it'll not be easy either. Legalizing drugs will result in a more rowdy youth, harder to control. LIVES and GENERATIONS destroyed. Thankfully idiots like you do not run my country!

Momota Di jindabad.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

But is it actually helping anyone (society, the individual, the families) by making this stuff illegal?  I really don't think so.
Then you are an idiot! And anyone that thinks legalizing drugs would help anyone is also an idiot.
When I have a kid, I would sleep easy knowing that my kid will not get access to drugs legally. It may not be impossible for him to do so, but at least it'll not be easy either. Legalizing drugs will result in a more rowdy youth, harder to control. LIVES and GENERATIONS destroyed. Thankfully idiots like you do not run my country!

Momota Di jindabad.
You're the idiot. If drugs were legal there'd be a far smaller chance that your kid would get access to drugs. Kids have easy access to drugs because they are illegal and sold without any regulation. And not just that, but the drugs that your kids will now get on the blackmarket will have a significant chance of containing impurities that could be potentially deadly.
Educate yourself before you call other people idiots. It's obvious that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and are just parroting propaganda.
scutzi128

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:49:24 PM

But is it actually helping anyone (society, the individual, the families) by making this stuff illegal?  I really don't think so.

Momota Di jindabad.
You're the idiot. If drugs were legal there'd be a far smaller chance that your kid would get access to drugs. Kids have easy access to drugs because they are illegal and sold without any regulation. And not just that, but the drugs that your kids will now get on the blackmarket will have a significant chance of containing impurities that could be potentially deadly.
Educate yourself before you call other people idiots. It's obvious that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and are just parroting propaganda.

then you think that because there is a regulation on a thing, a blackmarket about the same thing can't exist? interesting aha.
if your kids can't get what they want thru legal way, don't worry that there will always be a guy ready to make few bucks by selling them what they want;-)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:11:08 PM

Momota Di jindabad.

then you think that because there is a regulation on a thing, a blackmarket about the same thing can't exist? interesting aha.
if your kids can't get what they want thru legal way, don't worry that there will always be a guy ready to make few bucks by selling them what they want;-)
If drugs were legal the black market value of drugs would evaporate to virtually nothing, since adults would be able to freely access their recreational substance of choice. With little to no profits there would be no incentive for organized and industrial scale drug crime.

So if you believe that children, and humans in general, would be safer with illegal drugs you understand neither how drugs function, nor basic Economics.
scutzi128

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

If drugs were legal the black market value of drugs would evaporate to virtually nothing, since adults would be able to freely access their recreational substance of choice. With little to no profits there would be no incentive for organized and industrial scale drug crime.

So if you believe that children, and humans in general, would be safer with illegal drugs you understand neither how drugs function, nor basic Economics.

And what do you do about « adults » having free access and selling to children (because legal or not, it will cost something to buy, doesn’t it? How about people with low earnings?) I mean, also, people who did crimes or something like under drugs will be judged, sentenced, and perchais banned from buying it? What do you do for them also?
Reading you is like one problem = one solution, if only it was this simple ahaha
I mean illegal market is a problem, but you think that regulate it fix the WHOLE problem (market value will evaporate to virtually « nothing »), looks like you really think deeply about it Grin
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:00:08 PM

And what do you do about « adults » having free access and selling to children (because legal or not, it will cost something to buy, doesn’t it? How about people with low earnings?) I mean, also, people who did crimes or something like under drugs will be judged, sentenced, and perchais banned from buying it? What do you do for them also?
Reading you is like one problem = one solution, if only it was this simple ahaha
I mean illegal market is a problem, but you think that regulate it fix the WHOLE problem (market value will evaporate to virtually « nothing »), looks like you really think deeply about it Grin
If you actually read my post you'd have the answers to your questions. Legalized drugs = better than unlegalized drugs for the exact reasons I've outlined already. I also haven't stated that "one problem = one solution" in any way, I'm talking about overall effects here, which you clearly are not competent enough to grasp despite me formulating them out for you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: