Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin pose a threat to banks?  (Read 1868 times)
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

Not the BTC specially.
But the crypto currencies and block chian as a whole does threaten banks in direct way since they can overtake the payment sector but banks still have loan industry.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

There is no question of any threat for banks! Firstly it is convenient to store them! Secondly, the security of translation, do not be afraid of attacks on cash collectors! Thirdly, the security of storage and security from the bank robbery because the keys can be stored completely elsewhere!
So it's more convenient for banks to fool with bitcoin !!!
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:31:14 PM

Maybe so or maybe not. Often than none banks see cryptocurrencies as a threat to them because bitcoin does more than the banks. There's no barrier to your fund when you need to make use of it. Crptocurrencies is really striving and very sure it makes a lot of sense. Bitcoin has no country restriction and no tax.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:40:37 PM

Just as the digital era, the photographic industry witnessed the bankruptcy of Kodak, the rise of online music, the disc has also been quickly eliminated, after the advent of bitcoin, the financial industry may also need to carry out major rectification. Will the bank disappear?

Personally, I think the cryptocurrency will replace the banks in the future or the banks will find its own way to be part of the cryptocurrency. With its growing market, cryptocurrency will surely be more common in many societies and popular to many industries. Many establishments and products are are now accessible and open for crypto payment so I think bitcoin will be used more.
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:05:28 PM

In theory, digital assets and their technology is much more advanced than banking systems. They are generally established for this purpose. Therefore, banks are afraid of cryptocurrencies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:24:59 PM

Just as the digital era, the photographic industry witnessed the bankruptcy of Kodak, the rise of online music, the disc has also been quickly eliminated, after the advent of bitcoin, the financial industry may also need to carry out major rectification. Will the bank disappear?

As time passed by, new innovations are being made to improve our way of living. I think we are now in that age when we transition towards cryptocurrency. I think banks and bitcoin will either compete against each other or work together to support the financial industry of the society. But even now, it is hard to say when would this will be decided. Bitcoin is gaining popularity so I think there will be some minor competition soon.
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:28:32 PM

Banks are actively waging a cold war against cryptocurrencies. Bankers do not admit it, but digital technologies are the beginning of the era of the banking system decline. It is a fact.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:37:53 PM

If the elimination of the banking industry will be the price for the progress of bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrencies, then I will like to live with that. Cryptocurrency aims to help the people in the transactions and save more money. And if there's way to minimize the competition between them, may be it could work. Banks are important to the society, and bitcoin can be valuable too especially because of online transactions. Together, they can change the society to move forward.
jurelmartin

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

It does pose a threat to banks because most of the people nowadays are aware of bitcoin and how it works, and these people prefer the bitcoin system instead of banks, because of that, banks wil lose some of its potential investors to their company
fattyforhire

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:46:47 PM

I do not think that anything will change in the banking system in the next 5 years. I do not think that bitcoin during this time will have time to destroy the banks. People like carrying money there, and will carry.
blue_dragon

Activity: 251
Merit: 100