Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System  (Read 4477 times)
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:02:33 PM

Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

I wasn't aware of the referral plan. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. I love when projects do that because I think it really helps to get the word out about the project. Only 28 days until the ICO starts.  I can't wait for that 25% bonus. I think you guys are going to sell all in one day.  Grin

For the first 4 hours it is up to 56% bonus

Oh, even better. Thanks for that info. I hope you sell out in the first 4 hours  Cheesy
bbv4pawn

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

it's a crazy idea. the craziest of the century Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin legislations must even be involved in this.

Absolutely. Let me invest in this!  Cheesy
Where's the BUYTOKEN button?
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

I am asking myself what kind of economy does exist in prisons other than illegal financial activity? Not that I can't think of anything, but I just haven't been in prison yet. What's your system going to provide in detail to those being in prison? At first glance I thought you want to help them to trade back and forth without the administration being able to take notice.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

i dont think government and prisons will be approve this. This cant be used in real world i think. good for traders some time  Grin but they have good team and good vision if this can success it will be up. but transactions are untraceable prisoners can be use this for illegal works.

I think you drastically underestimate the need for something like this in prisons. You should look into it. I am typically pessimistic about overly ambitious projects, but I truly do think Cellblocks could get adopted in prisons. Especially since they are taking appropriate action to try to get prisons in on this. It also appears that the prisons are very interested as well.

You are correct.  Remember the state prison system is broke, this is nothing new.  Prisons are not a for profit business.   Anything that can help them save serious money, they will be open to.

I think some people just don't quite understand how the prison financial system works and they don't realize how powerful something like this could be. I think it has the potential to earn a lot of money for prisons, while still being cheaper for family members. It's a win for everyone which is why I think it's attracting so much interest.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

I am asking myself what kind of economy does exist in prisons other than illegal financial activity? Not that I can't think of anything, but I just haven't been in prison yet. What's your system going to provide in detail to those being in prison? At first glance I thought you want to help them to trade back and forth without the administration being able to take notice.

I really like the "I just haven't been in prison yet" comment.  Grin Honestly though, I think you have good questions and I'm curious to know the answers.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:18:24 AM

it's a crazy idea. the craziest of the century Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin legislations must even be involved in this.

They already have, The Committee Manager for the Senate Judiciary Committee attended the meeting we did in front of the state department of corrections
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:19:46 AM

Absolutely. Let me invest in this!  Cheesy
Where's the BUYTOKEN button?

You can't buy yet.  We offer no private sales of any kind.  The first day you can buy in on April 1st.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:21:29 AM

That happens now, there is an estimated 2-3 billion a year exchanged between inmates each year according to a 2016 study.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:42:11 AM

Inmates turn anything they can get their hands on into value from Ramon to honey buns, cigarettes etc.   They also get items into the prison like cell phones and such from the guards.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:07:49 AM

Inmates turn anything they can get their hands on into value from Ramon to honey buns, cigarettes etc.   They also get items into the prison like cell phones and such from the guards.

This is a good point. Obviously the administration is aware of all of these transactions. And they can't stop it. So why not help the prison out and allow for more transparency? I think everyone wins in that scenario. Can you tell us how many people have signed up for the sale? I bet it has been a lot.  Grin
HerrHeimlich

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:30:23 AM

Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

That's great. I'm happy to see a really good bonus for the first investors. Is cellblocks taking alternative investments?
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:47:14 AM

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

That's great. I'm happy to see a really good bonus for the first investors. Is cellblocks taking alternative investments?

ETH, BTC, LTE, BCH
thinklab71
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:24:07 PM

The winner for the most creative sloution to a problem goes to:   CellBlocks
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:33:13 PM

Inmates are liking the idea of CellBlocks

GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:31:56 PM

I think the prisoner financial system has needed reform for quite some time. I think those in charge appear to know this as well. I think this is a really good solution and you guys have relatively no competition. Has your team encountered any challenges so far and if so, how did you overcome it?

None as of yet, the approval process through the state takes a few months though.  We are going to start out as a pilot program in the prison they give us, then from there we will easily expand through the state as they see it working. From there, we can sell this to any state as they will start to pick up on the idea.

It's the same way cannabis started by one state, now every other state allows it in one way or another.

That's good to know. Obviously starting to get this project adopted will be a bit of a challenge, but it seems like it's going really well for you guys. I can't wait until the pilot program starts and people see what a great idea this turned out to be. Just getting one prison started will be a huge success because everyone is sure to follow.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

ETH, BTC, LTE, BCH

Is there a minimum investment for that?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:33:43 PM

It is intriguing to see how many changes are going on in prisons and how much they are trying to progress. Especially with things like allowing tablets. I bet that goes a long way for the morale of prisoners. I think it's great. I also think that really shows how much prisons are opening up to new ideas and I think Cellblocks could be one of those. I think this is a really valuable project.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

ETH, BTC, LTE, BCH

Is there a minimum investment for that?

For the referral part, no
Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:03:39 PM

Approximately how many prisons have shown interest in this project so far?
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

Approximately how many prisons have shown interest in this project so far?

We have only reached 50 of the 1700 prisons.  out of the 50, 30 have shown interest and 3 state department of corrections have shown interest.  We have already went to one to do a presentation to the state top officials.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: