Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Secure wallet for altcoins  (Read 229 times)
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:18:19 AM

I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?
If the altcoin you want to hold or store for long term investment is not supported in your trezor or ledger nano s. better to use the official wallet for that specific cryptocurrency for better security of your coins but you will have to download the whole blockchain with that so you can also use multi asset wallet as an alternative. i will recommend using coinomi, jaxx or exodus.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:22:53 AM

I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?

try to use myetherwallet, this wallet have a good security system. and really easy to use it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Kean1998

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:32:43 AM

I choose imtoken wallet cause for me its secure but I'm not really sure.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
zknight777

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:35:32 AM

Hardware wallets have very limited altcoin support.  You will basically need a software wallet.  I do like Coinomi as it also allows you to exchange via Shapeshift or Changelly for range of altcoins.
konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:36:48 AM

I have been using MyEtherWallet. Exodus, Agama, Cryptonator, Jaxx, and Coinomi are also some of the best wallets for altcoins. Waves light for waves based tokens.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 02:56:14 PM

There isn't a hardware wallet that can meet such the demand anyway. Myetherwallet looks like the best in the net wallets, especially for the ico tokens. It can use for others such as hardware wallet, paper wallet, etc. The security issue is a big problem in the crypto world.
grinmoure

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:44:42 PM

I'm still hesitant on hardware wallets for fear of losing the thumbdrive.  I'm sure I'll eventually go that route though.
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:59:01 PM

Today, the more secure wallet are hardware wallets like Trezor and Nano S. They both quite popular and Cryptocurrency millionaires are currently using this hardware wallets because typically, crypto keys are saved in those device only and there would be no digital keys will be saved in any computer or cloud storage in order no one could see it or if someone hacked your computer, your phone or your cloud account, they will not get your digital keys or in any form that they could access your wallets and assets.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 09:05:03 PM

I'm still hesitant on hardware wallets for fear of losing the thumbdrive.  I'm sure I'll eventually go that route though.

You'll be at peace of you do save your keys into the hardware wallets because that's what Cryptocurrency millionaires do around the world.
Is just like a literal wallet on your pocket but this time all of your assets are in that wallet.
As a holder of $30,000 plus of crypto assets, I world definitely get my own hardware wallet before someone could get into it.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:11:28 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 09:27:14 PM by damberg

The most secure option would be to download a software wallet for every altcoin you own, run them on your private PC/laptop, and store your wallets there. You might want to backup your wallets to a flash drive or external hard drive in case of complete destruction of the PC. And of course, your wallets would be safer if you treat your computer very wisely regarding web browsing, p*rn watching etc.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: