Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most overvalued coin?  (Read 894 times)
Fou_Roi (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:07:35 PM

I saw there are a lot of topics about undervalued coins, but I did not find any about overvalued coins. Smiley

I hope everyone agree that there is no point to talk about some pumped crap. So let's only talk about coins that should have real value, but for some reason are overvalued right now.

As for me, I think the most overvalued coin today is Ethereum. I don't understand why does it cost so much. It is not decentralized. It is not limited, so there is no deficit. Nowadays it doesn't look innovative. It is not even great as a cryptocurrency. Of course it is great for ICOs, but most of the ICOs are crap. Smiley Most of this coins will die in future. So it's just a hype and nothing more. Smiley
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:16:42 PM

I saw there are a lot of topics about undervalued coins, but I did not find any about overvalued coins. Smiley

I hope everyone agree that there is no point to talk about some pumped crap. So let's only talk about coins that should have real value, but for some reason are overvalued right now.

As for me, I think the most overvalued coin today is Ethereum. I don't understand why does it cost so much. It is not decentralized. It is not limited, so there is no deficit. Nowadays it doesn't look innovative. It is not even great as a cryptocurrency. Of course it is great for ICOs, but most of the ICOs are crap. Smiley Most of this coins will die in future. So it's just a hype and nothing more. Smiley

HOLY hell, you're new here as i can see. Yeah, Ethereum was the first to implement smart contracts - it's not a hype coin. It was the first coin for making a blockchain for other coins to be used in its protocol. If anything ETH deserves its value. Ripple on the other hand - I can say a lot more of when talking about over value. Please do your research.
RobbieDK

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

Like 99% of the CMC.

Bitcoin and Ripple are my number 1 and 2.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:29:20 PM

Ethereum is valuable because it has a very strong network effect. Vitalik is now a "rockstar" in the crypto world, it's easy to meme him around and make the project famous. Technology wise, it's a clusterfuck waiting to happen. It doesn't scale (and the idea of smart contracts need scaling) and it's not decentralized by any means. The project is just a hype job since a lot of big brands got into the crypto bandwaggon by hoping on Ethereum.

But when it comes to overvalued scams, Ripple is it. Most people buying that shit don't even know that it's not even a proper cryptocurrency as most people expect a cryptocurrency to be. Most of the people buying Ripple think it's decentralized lol.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

I think bitcoin is the most overvalued coin because there are lot of other cojns with the same properties of bitcoin but still bitcoin is very hige in price.Them ripple is a shit coin but the people are buying it only for the high price.
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:34:28 PM

Oh my God, I agree with Swinging Phallus, apparently you really are a beginner.
Ethereum is the founder of ICO and all altcoins, and is used almost everywhere.
Therefore, the price is appropriate. I think it's better for you to learn about this before writing such.
And yes, in my opinion the most overrated coin is Ripple.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
Swinging Phallus

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

I would honestly have to say that the fiat USD penny is the most over valued coin. It takes over 3 cents to make it... That's over valued for sure in my opinion.
Fou_Roi (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

HOLY hell, you're new here as i can see. Yeah, Ethereum was the first to implement smart contracts - it's not a hype coin. It was the first coin for making a blockchain for other coins to be used in its protocol. If anything ETH deserves its value. Ripple on the other hand - I can say a lot more of when talking about over value. Please do your research.
I don’t need to do researches because I know eveything. Smiley As I said before, in my opinion we don’t need all these coins, so all these ICOs are just a hype to make money from air. And this hype around ICOs creates a hype around ETH, so it is extremely overbought.
I don’t think that Ripple is overvalued now. Just a bit. Smiley $1 for it is okay price, but more then $1000 for ETH is a rediclious price in my opinion.  Smiley
macchiato

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:41:06 PM

First of all, make sure you are relaying a true statement. Ethereum is decentralized and it is the world's second-most-valuable cryptocurrency for your information. It has a purpose that other coins cannot take responsibility. It is used by developers to make transactions on its network. Most of the time, it is used for smart contracts and coins in ICOs are not all shitcoins. Try joining one so you will know.

Swinging Phallus

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:42:05 PM

Ethereum is valuable because it has a very strong network effect. Vitalik is now a "rockstar" in the crypto world, it's easy to meme him around and make the project famous. Technology wise, it's a clusterfuck waiting to happen. It doesn't scale (and the idea of smart contracts need scaling) and it's not decentralized by any means. The project is just a hype job since a lot of big brands got into the crypto bandwaggon by hoping on Ethereum.

But when it comes to overvalued scams, Ripple is it. Most people buying that shit don't even know that it's not even a proper cryptocurrency as most people expect a cryptocurrency to be. Most of the people buying Ripple think it's decentralized lol.

No man, just no. Ethereum is much more than other shit coins. It's not a hype, It is more than just transacting value from one place to another. It is literally like an OS. It is the "windows" of crypto. You can build interactive automatic processes on the ethereum platform (dAPPs), and Ethereum if anything has much more decentralization than bitcoin because of its ASIC resistance. In fact Ethereum had the very first decentralized exchange (etherdelta).
Swinging Phallus

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:43:42 PM

I don’t need to do researches because I know eveything. Smiley As I said before, in my opinion we don’t need all these coins, so all these ICOs are just a hype to make money from air. And this hype around ICOs creates a hype around ETH, so it is extremely overbought.
I don’t think that Ripple is overvalued now. Just a bit. Smiley $1 for it is okay price, but more then $1000 for ETH is a rediclious price in my opinion.  Smiley

BRO DO YOU EVEN? The fact that you are spamming smiley faces, and accusing the "price" of a token as its legitimacy rather than it's use case  and market cap is cute. 10/10 troll. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Sziluu

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:20 PM

I love Ripple, because so many people hate it Cheesy
Decentralization and anonymity is not just an advantage if you have to fight against the current leaders of the markets to survive.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:39 PM
Merited by Swinging Phallus (1)

Ripple is for sure one of them. Has no value at all. Don't get me wrong, the use of blockchain technology is awesome, perfect implementation... but the Ripple company has nothing to do with the XRP coin...

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Swinging Phallus

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:49:21 PM

Ripple is for sure one of them. Has no value at all. Don't get me wrong, the use of blockchain technology is awesome, perfect implementation... but the Ripple company has nothing to do with the XRP coin...

have a merit buddy. Tongue
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:00:01 PM

Ethereum is one of the fundamental coins. Ripple seems to me more overvalued. It is credited with many advantages but its sharp collapse showed major shortcomings.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:00:16 PM

Ethereum is one of the fundamental coins. Ripple seems to me more overvalued. It is credited with many advantages but its sharp collapse showed major shortcomings.
Fou_Roi (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:03:39 PM

BRO DO YOU EVEN? The fact that you are spamming smiley faces, and accusing the "price" of a token as its legitimacy rather than it's use case  and market cap is cute. 10/10 troll. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
I don't think that I spam smiley faces too much. Smiley Sorry. But for me it is just a real fun to look at ETH fanboys. Smiley I see them everywhere on this forum and the more I see them, the more I'm convinced that there is too much HYPE around ETH right now. Smiley Don't get me wrong. All in all it is a good coin.

But the topic is not about this really. Just my opinion. Smiley
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:10:44 PM

I am actually with you here. I know you will get a lot of people thinking you are saying the wrong things but this is precisely the reason why I stayed away from ETH for so long.

The reason I did buy a bit of ETH finally, luckily around the $600 range, is because I think this overvaluation will actually continue. And it might be overvalued for a very long time.

Centralized: people actually like this. If crypto people one day became as ideological as the original adopters, then maybe price will go down but we know this will not happen soon.
Inflationary: correct but the devs are fixing that.
Not a currency: correct but it never meant to be that primarily.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zxc003

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:23:22 PM

Most overvalued coin?

0. Ripple, must be ~0.20$
1. Ripple
2. Ripple
3. Bitcoin Gold, must be under 50$

Most undervalued coin?
1. Dash
2. Monero/Zcash
Luigi_LP

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

For me there are a lots of overvalued coins, but I think that the most overvalued coins are: Cardano, Tron, EOS and Bitcoin Gold
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: