Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining  (Read 20044 times)
plasmodesmata (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:22:01 PM

What is a good amount of Bitbeans for staking? 100, 1000, 100k or 1mil+?

It depends upon what you can afford. 100k-1M is a good start. 100k will see a sprout once a week. 1M will see a couple sprouts a day.
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:44:11 PM

Hello! Smiley

If i understood you correctly - no, you cant buy beans through your wallet.
You need to get them off one of the exchanges and then transfer them to your Bean Cash wallet.
I would suggest Bittrex or Cryptopia. Feel free to ask any questions if you need help.
[/quote]

Ah, ok, got it.   Yes, I knew they could be had on Bittrex and Cryptopia.   I'd meant that I saw something in the POSW wallet itself mentioning about Bitbean / Bean Cash at some point, so I thought you'd meant that there was some way to exchange them for some POSW tokens.  I'll look it up.   Cheers!

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:19:40 PM

I have 2 6 rx580 mining rigs. I also have about 4M Bitbeans on a dedicated "Bean Machine"
Initial investment in Bitbean: about 2000$ (April last year)
Initial investment in rigs: about 6000$
I use my mining payouts to buy Beans: 4000-5000 Beans each week worth.
I sprout 40,000-60,000 Beans each week.
Why isn't everyone doing this?

I've never heard of it.  Can you inbox me details on how to get started? Thanks

Its pretty easy. I bought my first beans on POSW but you can buy some on Bittrex or Bleutrade.
Download the wallet on www.bitbean.org/downloads if on windows its version 1.1.2.2rc
After download it needs to synchronize with the network, this can take a few days unless you can get a snapshot from someone.
after its fully synchronized transfer Beans from exchange wallet to your PC and let them sit. depending on how many you buy it can help if you send them in the amount of blocks that would optimize sprouting. Example: you have 100k beans, send ten 10,000 Bean blocks, if a million then ten 100k blocks. You can also adjust this in Bean control.

We have a community chat on matter most, PM your email and I can invite you.

I'd previously been curious about BitBean / Bean Cash before I started mining.  Might take a gander at it now that you say they can be bought on POSW just to see what it can do.   Didn't realize that.    Can I buy them with POSW or did you still buy them with BTC?  Any feedback would be appreciated.   I don't see how I can do this in my POSWallet.

Oh its been a really long time since I was on POSW, I was just saying thats where I first found i tand noticed in was increasing faster than POSW. Now you can buy from Bittrex of Bleutrade. Stay away from Cryptopia, too many problems.

Interesting.  Have you been on POSW since they put out their new wallet in the fall?   We all know they had big issues in the summer but they've gotten back on track, as far as I can see.   What kind of probs have you had with Cryptopia?  Withdrawals?   I've used them semi regularly since I got into the space last summer and haven't had any issues (at least in comparison to Etherdelta, Bitfinex, Coincheck, etc).

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:36:38 PM

I have 2 6 rx580 mining rigs. I also have about 4M Bitbeans on a dedicated "Bean Machine"
Initial investment in Bitbean: about 2000$ (April last year)
Initial investment in rigs: about 6000$
I use my mining payouts to buy Beans: 4000-5000 Beans each week worth.
I sprout 40,000-60,000 Beans each week.
Why isn't everyone doing this?

I've never heard of it.  Can you inbox me details on how to get started? Thanks

Its pretty easy. I bought my first beans on POSW but you can buy some on Bittrex or Bleutrade.
Download the wallet on www.bitbean.org/downloads if on windows its version 1.1.2.2rc
After download it needs to synchronize with the network, this can take a few days unless you can get a snapshot from someone.
after its fully synchronized transfer Beans from exchange wallet to your PC and let them sit. depending on how many you buy it can help if you send them in the amount of blocks that would optimize sprouting. Example: you have 100k beans, send ten 10,000 Bean blocks, if a million then ten 100k blocks. You can also adjust this in Bean control.

We have a community chat on matter most, PM your email and I can invite you.

I'd previously been curious about BitBean / Bean Cash before I started mining.  Might take a gander at it now that you say they can be bought on POSW just to see what it can do.   Didn't realize that.    Can I buy them with POSW or did you still buy them with BTC?  Any feedback would be appreciated.   I don't see how I can do this in my POSWallet.

Oh its been a really long time since I was on POSW, I was just saying thats where I first found i tand noticed in was increasing faster than POSW. Now you can buy from Bittrex of Bleutrade. Stay away from Cryptopia, too many problems.

Interesting.  Have you been on POSW since they put out their new wallet in the fall?   We all know they had big issues in the summer but they've gotten back on track, as far as I can see.   What kind of probs have you had with Cryptopia?  Withdrawals?   I've used them semi regularly since I got into the space last summer and haven't had any issues (at least in comparison to Etherdelta, Bitfinex, Coincheck, etc).

nope, I sold off my 5000 POSW and bought more Beans. Their staking rewards were sickly, just anemic. I never looked back.

Cryptopia is playing shenanigans with the Bean wallets. Bittrex or Bleutrade are the good exchanges for Bean.
AlphaInterceptor

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:40:50 AM

I would say to fear them both then...Bittrex is playing shenenigans with people's deposits alltogether, by instantly locking them up for no reason...Just talked to a friend who's account was locked, and additional docs were asked by Bittrex support. BCT forum is full of such stories. Bleutrade-never heard about. Cryptopia at least works now as opposed to december, when, yes, they halted bean deposits and withdrawal for a month.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:16:18 AM

I would say to fear them both then...Bittrex is playing shenenigans with people's deposits alltogether, by instantly locking them up for no reason...Just talked to a friend who's account was locked, and additional docs were asked by Bittrex support. BCT forum is full of such stories. Bleutrade-never heard about. Cryptopia at least works now as opposed to december, when, yes, they halted bean deposits and withdrawal for a month.

I've never had problems with Bittrex. I guess they all have their foibles. Is Cryptopia really working again? their thread is full of folks having new issues.
CryptoPicknAxe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:13:48 AM

I've never had problems with Bittrex. I guess they all have their foibles. Is Cryptopia really working again? their thread is full of folks having new issues.

Cryptopia and Bittrex have been pretty solid for me. Cryptopia dropped their LTC and DOGE markets in December(?) and that seems to have fixed a lot of their speed issues. I hope find a way to get them back. Haven't used Bleutrade either. Will check them out.
tinfoilMining

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:33:33 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 04:16:41 AM by tinfoilMining

I heard this guy fully endorse BitBean!

https://youtu.be/stpoj1sve2o
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:30:05 AM

HAhaha I was hoping the link would be a video of this guy.  You didn't disappoint!
ClayyClay

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:50:26 AM

So 100,000 beans cost you $1,162.40 (Current price $0.011745) and if it spouts once per week to make 1,000 more beans which is worth $11.745  Correct?
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:16:42 AM

nope, lol. nice try though. good for a laugh!
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:20:54 AM

So 100,000 beans cost you $1,162.40 (Current price $0.011745) and if it spouts once per week to make 1,000 more beans which is worth $11.745  Correct?

crazy how the price has grown... I remember when I was buying millions of BITB at a time like I was spending monopoly money.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

So, I d/l'ed the wallet about an hour ago and I am only seeing a single connection to the network and even that is spotty. How many peers is your wallet connected to?

Lol, right as I type this I am now connected to 2 peers... Still, the above question pertains.

Two days later and my wallet is only about 60% synced up... I've seen slow wallets/blockchains but this is ridiculous. Looks like I am going to have to hunt down the blockchain file and manually d/l it.

plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:07:48 PM

So, I d/l'ed the wallet about an hour ago and I am only seeing a single connection to the network and even that is spotty. How many peers is your wallet connected to?

Lol, right as I type this I am now connected to 2 peers... Still, the above question pertains.

Two days later and my wallet is only about 60% synced up... I've seen slow wallets/blockchains but this is ridiculous. Looks like I am going to have to hunt down the blockchain file and manually d/l it.

I think thats my biggest complaint myself. Once I got the blockchain I backed up the blk0001.dat and txleveldb file so I wouldnt have to go through that again. Its like a pretty woman leading you on. You want her soooooooooooooo bad and she teases you a bit then moves out of reach.... but once you catch her, woo! lol
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:04:22 AM

I cannot get the wallet to sync.  0 connections on two rigs. 
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:45:12 AM

I cannot get the wallet to sync.  0 connections on two rigs. 

which wallet version? If on windows its usually due to Defender and the Firewall settings.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:13:01 PM

I cannot get the wallet to sync.  0 connections on two rigs.  

Firstly, you have to explicitly check both boxes for private and public networks if the Windows Firewall popup appears (usually only the first time a program is run from any given location). If you failed to check both boxes - just hit okay and continued - then the default action is to block public network access. Ergo, the wallet won't work.

Secondly, it took my wallet a couple hours just to make 1 stable connection, and it took over a day before it had more than 4 connections (and over 3 days to fully sync up with the blockchain). Personally, if I had tried running the wallet before I bought bitbeans I would not have bought them. Ain't nobody got 3 days to wait for a wallet to sync.

That said, I now have 2500 bitbeans and according to the wallet my average sprouting time varies between 220 and 320 days. So also keep that in mind when deciding how many bitbeans to buy, or even whether it is worth acquiring them in the first place. As expected, I would need about 10x more bitbeans to have a decent chance of sprouting once a month.
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:30:56 PM

I cannot get the wallet to sync.  0 connections on two rigs.  

Firstly, you have to explicitly check both boxes for private and public networks if the Windows Firewall popup appears (usually only the first time a program is run from any given location). If you failed to check both boxes - just hit okay and continued - then the default action is to block public network access. Ergo, the wallet won't work.

Secondly, it took my wallet a couple hours just to make 1 stable connection, and it took over a day before it had more than 4 connections (and over 3 days to fully sync up with the blockchain). Personally, if I had tried running the wallet before I bought bitbeans I would not have bought them. Ain't nobody got 3 days to wait for a wallet to sync.

That said, I now have 2500 bitbeans and according to the wallet my average sprouting time varies between 220 and 320 days. So also keep that in mind when deciding how many bitbeans to buy, or even whether it is worth acquiring them in the first place. As expected, I would need about 10x more bitbeans to have a decent chance of sprouting once a month.

2500? come on man... what mining rig could you buy with that much? you have to have some skin in the game. I had a bad day yesterday and only got 4 sprouts. AT&T did something to my internet the other day and it hasn't been the same since Sad
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

I think Burst is worse. Thankfully, you can download 99.9% of the blockchain and sync the rest.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:52:47 PM

2500? come on man... what mining rig could you buy with that much? you have to have some skin in the game. I had a bad day yesterday and only got 4 sprouts. AT&T did something to my internet the other day and it hasn't been the same since Sad

I'm more inclined to buy more BTC right now, rather than spend it to buy anything else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: