Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:45:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining  (Read 20044 times)
plasmodesmata (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:23:53 PM

2500? come on man... what mining rig could you buy with that much? you have to have some skin in the game. I had a bad day yesterday and only got 4 sprouts. AT&T did something to my internet the other day and it hasn't been the same since Sad

I'm more inclined to buy more BTC right now, rather than spend it to buy anything else.

HA! IKR? but! I hear it may drop more, maybe under 5k. so I am going to hold off making any moves right now. My plan is to let the rigs and Bean Machine run and look at prices every once in a while.
rayabagivenkatesh

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:30:32 AM

electricity is very costly and i cant set up rig ... dont know when crypto will die
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:14:02 AM

so you basically get rewarded with 4 beans per $100 worth of beans?  Doesn't seem like a great deal to me.  Thats $40 for $1000  Even in bad times, $1,000 in graphics cards would bring it at least $150 per month. 

http://sproutingcalculator.com/

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:33:05 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 06:47:03 PM by MagicSmoker

so you basically get rewarded with 4 beans per $100 worth of beans?  Doesn't seem like a great deal to me.  Thats $40 for $1000  Even in bad times, $1,000 in graphics cards would bring it at least $150 per month.  

http://sproutingcalculator.com/

err, no.  beans only cost about $0.01 each right now, so $100US = ~1000 10000 beans. That said, if you want a decent chance of winning a block (1000 beans) every month you'll need about 25k beans, and for every week, 100k; etc.

EDIT - struck out 1000, corrected to 10000. Oops.

clyjr

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:44:37 PM

at $0.01 each, $0.10 would get you 10 beans, $1.00 = 100, $10 = 1000, $100 = 10000, $1000 = 100,000 beans

Using the sprouting calculator site it shows 100k beans bringing $40 worth in sprouts a month.

So how is it a no?  is the sprouting calculator wrong or are people confused with how this works?  Everytime I've done any calculations it doesn't look anywhere near worth it to invest in beans, am I confused? if so, please someone explain how...
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:44:06 PM

at $0.01 each, $0.10 would get you 10 beans, $1.00 = 100, $10 = 1000, $100 = 10000, $1000 = 100,000 beans

Using the sprouting calculator site it shows 100k beans bringing $40 worth in sprouts a month.

So how is it a no?  is the sprouting calculator wrong or are people confused with how this works?  Everytime I've done any calculations it doesn't look anywhere near worth it to invest in beans, am I confused? if so, please someone explain how...

Your calc is correct
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:54:11 PM

So how is it a no?  is the sprouting calculator wrong or are people confused with how this works?  Everytime I've done any calculations it doesn't look anywhere near worth it to invest in beans, am I confused? if so, please someone explain how...

I missed a zero in the number of beans in my previous reply but, regardless, what was wrong in that other post was, "so you basically get rewarded with 4 beans per $100 worth of beans?". This is because a time frame wasn't specified - it wouldn't have been off by too much if  "every day" was specified, for example - but also because $100 gets you 10k beans and that should bring in an average of 400 beans per month (or, more correctly, you have a high probability of winning a full 1000 bean block every 2.5 months).

So, no, $100 worth of beans does not get you 4 more beans.

Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:27:23 PM

So, 4% a month, that's 60% a year.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:22:01 AM

and stuck with the bag if the price falls
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:29:31 PM

same risk with mining.... look at what happened with the D3 antminers. Investment is risk, that's why its not for the weak. Meanwhile my beans are pumping out more Beans and my mining rigs can't even compare in satoshi generation.
clyjr

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:11:51 PM

same risk with mining.... look at what happened with the D3 antminers. Investment is risk, that's why its not for the weak. Meanwhile my beans are pumping out more Beans and my mining rigs can't even compare in satoshi generation.

true that mining and investing are both risks, but I fail to see why beans are more profitable than mining.
If beans are giving a 4% per month return, then comparing that to the D3 (I have 2) :
I'm running my D3s at low speed to cut down on heat, after factoring in power consumption they are profiting around $3.15/day
$3.15 * 30 = $94.50 / month
I paid around $1700 with the power supply, so $94.50 / $1700 = 5.6% monthly return.

So a D3 is already more profitable, and this is the worst of times for mining with a D3.
Take into account that at one point the D3 was pulling in $8 / day profit and the D3 pulls even further ahead. 

Maybe if you loaded up on beans a while back when they were super cheap it was worth it, but now I just don't see it...

plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

true that mining and investing are both risks, but I fail to see why beans are more profitable than mining.
If beans are giving a 4% per month return, then comparing that to the D3 (I have 2) :
I'm running my D3s at low speed to cut down on heat, after factoring in power consumption they are profiting around $3.15/day
I paid around $1700 with the power supply, so $94.50 / $1700 = 5.6% monthly return.

So a D3 is already more profitable, and this is the worst of times for mining with a D3.
Take into account that at one point the D3 was pulling in $8 / day profit and the D3 pulls even further ahead. 

Maybe if you loaded up on beans a while back when they were super cheap it was worth it, but now I just don't see it...

do you have an equitable amount in Beans to compare with? I guess I'm lucky then because I did load up on beans. 94 a month? I make at least that a day.

clyjr

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:46:41 PM

No I don't have any beans, my interest in this thread was because "Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining", so I like several others started to calculate if it's really true and whether or not I should start getting some bitbean's instead of instead of mining.

Since you are making at least $94/day, lets just round that up to $100/day or $3000/month for comparison purposes.
So if I wanted to get into bitbean sprouting today with a goal of making $3000/month :
I would need about 5.6 million beans to sprout ~$3000 / month.  5.6 million beans would cost ~$75,600, lets just round down to $75,000 initial investment to make $3000 / month.
So the ROI would be 75000 / 3000 = 25 months to break even.

Comparing that to the Antminer L3 (since it's available to order now), lets say an L3 after shipping, customs (US), and power supply = $1900 each
you could buy 39 L3+ miners
Each L3+ is currently making about $10 / day profit (using my electric rate of $0.10 /kwh)
so 39 * $10 = $390 / day * 30 = $11,700 / month
So the ROI would be 75000 / 11700 = 6.4 months to break even

Looks like you got lucky by jumping in super early if you were able to get that many beans for cheap, but the ship has sailed for new comers...

Looking back to November when a bean was $.0021 / bean you could have gotten the 5.6 million beans for ~$12,000 so that would be a 4 month ROI.
A 4 month ROI is better than the current 6 month ROI on an L3, but it's in no way 10X more profitable than mining, unless you have a terrible mining setup.  even just buying GTX 1060s at an exorbitant inflated price would give a better ROI than buying bitbeans for sprouting at this point.

All that being said, I'm not here to argue or bash bitbean sprouting...  So if there's something I'm missing and there is a way for me to get into it with a better ROI than mining, let me know...

do you have an equitable amount in Beans to compare with? I guess I'm lucky then because I did load up on beans. 94 a month? I make at least that a day.

ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

No I don't have any beans, my interest in this thread was because "Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining", so I like several others started to calculate if it's really true and whether or not I should start getting some bitbean's instead of instead of mining.

Since you are making at least $94/day, lets just round that up to $100/day or $3000/month for comparison purposes.
So if I wanted to get into bitbean sprouting today with a goal of making $3000/month :
I would need about 5.6 million beans to sprout ~$3000 / month.  5.6 million beans would cost ~$75,600, lets just round down to $75,000 initial investment to make $3000 / month.
So the ROI would be 75000 / 3000 = 25 months to break even.

Comparing that to the Antminer L3 (since it's available to order now), lets say an L3 after shipping, customs (US), and power supply = $1900 each
you could buy 39 L3+ miners
Each L3+ is currently making about $10 / day profit (using my electric rate of $0.10 /kwh)
so 39 * $10 = $390 / day * 30 = $11,700 / month
So the ROI would be 75000 / 11700 = 6.4 months to break even

Looks like you got lucky by jumping in super early if you were able to get that many beans for cheap, but the ship has sailed for new comers...

Looking back to November when a bean was $.0021 / bean you could have gotten the 5.6 million beans for ~$12,000 so that would be a 4 month ROI.
A 4 month ROI is better than the current 6 month ROI on an L3, but it's in no way 10X more profitable than mining, unless you have a terrible mining setup.  even just buying GTX 1060s at an exorbitant inflated price would give a better ROI than buying bitbeans for sprouting at this point.

All that being said, I'm not here to argue or bash bitbean sprouting...  So if there's something I'm missing and there is a way for me to get into it with a better ROI than mining, let me know...

How much are the Antminers Worth when you hit ROI? You still got your initial invested beans as comparison to the Antminers. But there is no guarantee that the beans won't fall in price and the profit from the miners may change, up or down. It is very hard to know Before what is going to be most profitable and very easy afterwards and say what have been most profitable.

I have no beans and no antminers either. But just wanted to say it is not easy to do these kind of calculations. Maybe you can do a compromise, buy some miners and buy some staking coins and invest some of the mining profits into staking coins. Spread your risks. Maybe one of the alternatives is going to be much better than the other but you can't say for sure which one is going to be best in future.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:47:36 PM

How much are the Antminers Worth when you hit ROI? You still got your initial invested beans as comparison to the Antminers. But there is no guarantee that the beans won't fall in price and the profit from the miners may change, up or down. It is very hard to know Before what is going to be most profitable and very easy afterwards and say what have been most profitable.

I have no beans and no antminers either. But just wanted to say it is not easy to do these kind of calculations. Maybe you can do a compromise, buy some miners and buy some staking coins and invest some of the mining profits into staking coins. Spread your risks. Maybe one of the alternatives is going to be much better than the other but you can't say for sure which one is going to be best in future.

I have beans and antminers also Smiley
Sprouting beans basically not using any extra electricity , as the wallet is running on one of my mining rig without any problem 24/7.

For sprouting you need to buy Bean cash ( BITB ) on exchange, download the official wallet , send your BeanCash to your wallet , keep your wallet open for sprouting as much as possible, and you can make some income.
The only thing i did not liked when i started my bean cash adventure is , the wallet program need a lot of time for synchronizing with the Bean Cash network, lot of time i mean way over 24 hours ... actually it was around 2 days...

That sprouting calculator someone mentioned earlier is way off , i would say you can get 75% what that calculator says ... That is my own personal experience ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
plasmodesmata (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:41:04 PM

I have beans and antminers also Smiley
Sprouting beans basically not using any extra electricity , as the wallet is running on one of my mining rig without any problem 24/7.

For sprouting you need to buy Bean cash ( BITB ) on exchange, download the official wallet , send your BeanCash to your wallet , keep your wallet open for sprouting as much as possible, and you can make some income.
The only thing i did not liked when i started my bean cash adventure is , the wallet program need a lot of time for synchronizing with the Bean Cash network, lot of time i mean way over 24 hours ... actually it was around 2 days...

That sprouting calculator someone mentioned earlier is way off , i would say you can get 75% what that calculator says ... That is my own personal experience ...

I'm getting about 10% over what the calculator says I should be getting. Are you getting alot of orphan blocks?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:32:54 PM

I have 800000 bean to sprout , started to srpouting on feb 7th . so fair received 15000 beans , sprouting calculator said on feb 7th i should get 32000 beans in the next 30 days. Actually I did not received any in the past 4 days (my wallet is online 24/7 ), so i would say now i got around 60% what that calcultaor said Smiley
 I made over 200$ easy with current exchange rate.
Im going to do a full detailed review about my experience here on bitcointalk soon about my sprouting experience , just waitnig the 30 days timeframe from start ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
MaxKnoblauch

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:33:28 PM

Im in this coin since november and i like the profit it gaves to me.
Sprouts keeps coming with a good flow.

I would like to see more marketing and advertising from the dev team tho. I think very little is done in order to promoting this coin which is a shame.

The community is wonderfull and im not regretting this investment and i think the future is bright!
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

Not a mining question.  But in general do you think this coin could possibly hit $1 in the future?  Also is this a POS coin?  The only reason i thought this coin is good because it has a nice logo.
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:07:08 PM

Wow the math on bitbean is stupid. 24 months to double your money IF the value of bitbeans doesn't plummet. Better off just buying Stellar and holding because at least that has a future and they also pay out inflation for holding. ADA is another one that would be better choice to start buying while its cheap before their POS system starts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: