Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SAFE] Safecoin - Community Edition of Solana  (Read 60034 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (153 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Zebra#

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:55:53 PM

Has anyone seen this blogpost? VERY INTERESTING...
I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

So the attack claims aren't legit? I'm not convinced...  Huh

The real attack came when a small, centralized group of people gathered in some random social media outlet and "voted" to destroy unSafecoin's consensus mechanisms, have a mandatory "roll back" of the chain, and steal currency from innocent people (people who were, in fact, entire uninvolved in/with the "event").

Like this?

https://komodoplatform.com/komodo-bug-found-how-we-defeated-an-attack/
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:56:59 PM

I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

unSafecoin was "attacked" only by the same definition that other coins that were, up to that point, only mined by CPUs were "attacked" by GPUs when cgminer was written.

The real attack came when a small, centralized group of people gathered in some random social media outlet and "voted" to destroy unSafecoin's consensus mechanisms, have a mandatory "roll back" of the chain, and steal currency from innocent people (people who were, in fact, entire uninvolved in/with the "event").

And before the 2 fanboys clamor on about this being a "spam post":
I'll stop reiterating that the net result was to steal currency from innocent people, when you give every satoshi of UnSafecoin back to everyone the currency was stolen from.

Spam by any other name is still the same.

Can't understand why you are so interested in a coin that you think is unsafe???

I am rather enjoying these now ...please keep'em coming.

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:06:13 PM

Can't understand why you are so interested in a coin that you think is unsafe...

Grin

There are many crypto people who just hate scammers, and they want to warn newbies to not waste their hard earned money on coins without any technical merit and huge premines. If you add in dubious blockchain rollbacks with wafer thin justification,  then Yes, people will continue being 'interested' in Safecoin , so it's good that you're enjoying the attention.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:07:45 PM

Not really, KMD's dev tried to show them that copy-paste clone they did with coin's name change is 1.5 years old and all vulnerabilities are still there. Besides, there is no dPOW and very little chance they really made "better" coin as they claim (not to mention 11% premine). They tried to help them to patch it up, hm, and at about that time a bunch of new accounts tried to troll KMD and JL777 in particular. So guys at KMD just used their own Notary Nodes (which were copy-pasted from KMD of cause) to mine SAFE with lower difficulty. Out of millions mined and premined they made 60k total and offered to return them if devs at least remove dpow from the description which resulted in chain roll-back. There were no attack if you ask my opinion, they stopped doing that after 1-2 hours and difficultly returned to normal. It was all done publicly. Why they still call it stealing I do not understand. Nevertheless, after all that name-calling JL777 is pretty much pissed off on these guys and there will be no help in the future. I am sure they will even start doing idiot-traps in the code from now on.

I am not sure you know what the difference is between an ICO (selling "premined" coins reserved for buyers at a preset cost) and a premine (coins held by admin for future development) is. I fully understand that a large premine can be a hindrance going forward if not utilized correctly but an ICO sale is just a premine by a different name.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:09:15 PM

Can't understand why you are so interested in a coin that you think is unsafe...

Grin

There are many crypto people who just hate scammers, and they want to warn newbies to not waste their hard earned money on coins without any technical merit and huge premines. If you add in dubious blockchain rollbacks with wafer thin justification,  then Yes, people will continue being 'interested' in Safecoin , so it's good that you're enjoying the attention.

You should also avoid ICOs at all cost.

The majority of them help the dev drive the crypto purchased lambo to the crypto moon.

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
QTown92

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:11:41 PM

Grin

The majority of them help the dev drive the crypto purchased lambo to the crypto moon.

Grin

sick of these safecoin wankers..don’t run around saying your better than komodo  and we wont have to teach you respect eh? You use all kmd code so stop bitching. Hahaha. Lucky that’s all we took from you. Hahaha.safecoin pump n pump scam
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:17:05 PM

Grin

Grin

sick of these safecoin wankers..don’t run around saying your better than komodo  and we wont have to teach you respect eh? You use all kmd code so stop bitching. Hahaha. Lucky that’s all we took from you. Hahaha.safecoin pump n pump scam

You are so sick of these "safecoin wankers" that you logged out of your usual Bitcoin Talk account and created a sock puppet one for the purpose of spamming?

ahhhhhh

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Big Naturals

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:19:57 PM

Grin

There are many crypto people who just hate scammers, and they want to warn newbies to not waste their hard earned money on coins without any technical merit and huge premines. If you add in dubious blockchain rollbacks with wafer thin justification,  then Yes, people will continue being 'interested' in Safecoin , so it's good that you're enjoying the attention.

Grin

If there was a way to short Safe coin it would be the easiest money to make in crypto, but you're not on any exchanges are you, and not likely to be now.

your attempts at making out that you're having fun now over this aren't believable either, you guys can't scam people now, your lead dev has been exposed as lazy and incompetent, your blockchain is mutable, your ecosystem small and centralised and scam focused, so for guys like you there must be a grief process over what Safe coin scam might have stolen from newbie invested had your plan not been so easily exposed, and you had a chance to dump on unsuspecting victims.

5 stages of grief:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

You're in denial bro, when you get to anger I think safecoin dev will get a lot of hate mail for leaving in hard coded KMD notaries.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:24:15 PM

Grin

There are many crypto people who just hate scammers, and they want to warn newbies to not waste their hard earned money on coins without any technical merit and huge premines. If you add in dubious blockchain rollbacks with wafer thin justification,  then Yes, people will continue being 'interested' in Safecoin , so it's good that you're enjoying the attention.

Grin

If there was a way to short Safe coin it would be the easiest money to make in crypto, but you're not on any exchanges are you, and not likely to be now.

your attempts at making out that you're having fun now over this aren't believable either, you guys can't scam people now, your lead dev has been exposed as lazy and incompetent, your blockchain is mutable, your ecosystem small and centralised and scam focused, so for guys like you there must be a grief process over what Safe coin scam might have stolen from newbie invested had your plan not been so easily exposed, and you had a chance to dump on unsuspecting victims.

5 stages of grief:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

You're in denial bro, when you get to anger I think safecoin dev will get a lot of hate mail for leaving in hard coded KMD notaries.

The five signs your dev might have pocketed money from an ICO..

Your dev initiates an ICO

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Big Naturals

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:28:30 PM

Grin

Grin

5 stages of grief:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

Grin

The Komodo ICO raised funds to pay years of bitcoin tx fees for delayed PoW notarisations,  that is crystal clear, and everytime you mention it you just dig a deeper hole for Safe coin ... how does Safe coin intend to pay for notarisation costs?
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:42:42 PM

Grin

Grin

5 stages of grief:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

Grin

The Komodo ICO raised funds to pay years of bitcoin tx fees for delayed PoW notarisations,  that is crystal clear, and everytime you mention it you just dig a deeper hole for Safe coin ... how does Safe coin intend to pay for notarisation costs?

We gonna hustle baby!

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Big Naturals

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:50:58 PM

Grin

Grin

5 stages of grief:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

Grin

We gonna hustle baby!

The information content in your replies is rock bottom bro, but don't worry, you're at the bottom of the 12 steps that *might* just save your soul. Seriously, you appear to be a newbie with a bought account, there's still time to do some research and get attached to quality projects with better returns than even the best pump and dump scams.

There are better scams than safecoin, and better comedy coins too. Time to move on bro!
Zebra#

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:44:08 PM

Grin

Grin

Let's keep it classy everyone. The whole cryptocurrency community is watching.

There are more enough facts out there for everyone reading this to arrive at their own conclusion. Komodo and Safecoin teams CLEARLY agree to disagree. We can let the court of public opinion decide the rest.
Zebra#

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:46:33 PM

Time to move on bro!

I agree. Time to move on.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:47:34 AM

We gonna hustle baby!
Even if it means stealing currency from those that rightfully own it.  Undecided

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Zebra#

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:27:33 AM

We gonna hustle baby!
Even if it means stealing currency from those that rightfully own stole it.  Undecided

You are good at what you do ComputerGenie. I will definitely give you that  Grin

Time to move on. Best of luck to you and the Komodo community.

"Komodo Bug Found: How We Defeated An Attack

MARCH 13, 2017

Komodo has just gone through a small emergency caused by an attacker trying to exploit a bug he found. The attacker didn’t cause any real damage as our team responded quickly.

The attack started during the weekend and lasted about 30 hours before one of our notary nodes detected it. We quickly pushed a fix that was going to go into effect at Komodo block # 236000. At this point, the attacker had only been creating few coins to avoid detection, and the damage caused was minimal.

The attacker went into overdrive after he saw that a fix was coming. He started to generate as many coins as he possibly could, and that led us to take further action. We publicly announced that we would roll back few hours, and advised everyone not to do KMD transactions until the rollback was done. Here’s how jl777 described the situation:

I announced the block that will be rolled back to, pretty much in real time, so it is more like stopping the chain at 235300 rather than rolling back. Of course, a few hundred blocks were generated during the time to make the fix, so yes, technically it is a rollback of a few hours.

Without the rollback, KMD coin supply would have expanded about 10 % as the attacker would have been able to create over 10 million KMD. We managed to avoid all this by just rolling back a few hours.

These recent events have a lot of similarities with Bitcoin’s early days. Here’s what happened on 6th of August, 2010:

A major vulnerability in the bitcoin protocol was spotted. Transactions weren’t properly verified before they were included in the transaction log or blockchain, which let users bypass bitcoin’s economic restrictions and create an indefinite number of bitcoins. On 15 August, the vulnerability was exploited; over 184 billion bitcoins were generated in a transaction and sent to two addresses on the network. Within hours, the transaction was spotted and erased from the transaction log after the bug was fixed and the network forked to an updated version of the bitcoin protocol. This was the only major security flaw found and exploited in bitcoin’s history.

The difference is that bitcoin knew about it for over a week, while we found out about it when the attack was already under way. This attack is not comparable with a typical hack where an exchange loses funds. In our situation, the bug was in Komodo code and considering its implications a rollback was the logical thing to do to avoid damage.

Komodo is still a young project and has a lot of new code built on top of it. The quicker these bugs are found, the less effect they will have. The longer Komodo blockchain keeps running, the less likely that further such bugs are found in the future.

We continue to closely follow our network and promise to quickly respond in a similar manner to any possible future incident."

Big Naturals

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:33:08 AM

We gonna hustle baby!
Even if it means stealing currency from those that rightfully own stole it.  Undecided

MARCH 13, 2017

Komodo has just gone through a small emergency caused by an attacker trying to exploit a bug he found. The attacker didn’t cause any real damage as our team responded quickly.

The attack started during the weekend and lasted about 30 hours before one of our notary nodes detected it. We quickly pushed a fix that was going to go into effect at Komodo block # 236000. At this point, the attacker had only been creating few coins to avoid detection, and the damage caused was minimal.

The attacker went into overdrive after he saw that a fix was coming. He started to generate as many coins as he possibly could, and that led us to take further action. We publicly announced that we would roll back few hours, and advised everyone not to do KMD transactions until the rollback was done. Here’s how jl777 described the situation:

I announced the block that will be rolled back to, pretty much in real time, so it is more like stopping the chain at 235300 rather than rolling back. Of course, a few hundred blocks were generated during the time to make the fix, so yes, technically it is a rollback of a few hours.

Without the rollback, KMD coin supply would have expanded about 10 % as the attacker would have been able to create over 10 million KMD. We managed to avoid all this by just rolling back a few hours.

These recent events have a lot of similarities with Bitcoin’s early days. Here’s what happened on 6th of August, 2010:

A major vulnerability in the bitcoin protocol was spotted. Transactions weren’t properly verified before they were included in the transaction log or blockchain, which let users bypass bitcoin’s economic restrictions and create an indefinite number of bitcoins. On 15 August, the vulnerability was exploited; over 184 billion bitcoins were generated in a transaction and sent to two addresses on the network. Within hours, the transaction was spotted and erased from the transaction log after the bug was fixed and the network forked to an updated version of the bitcoin protocol. This was the only major security flaw found and exploited in bitcoin’s history.

The difference is that bitcoin knew about it for over a week, while we found out about it when the attack was already under way. This attack is not comparable with a typical hack where an exchange loses funds. In our situation, the bug was in Komodo code and considering its implications a rollback was the logical thing to do to avoid damage.

Komodo is still a young project and has a lot of new code built on top of it. The quicker these bugs are found, the less effect they will have. The longer Komodo blockchain keeps running, the less likely that further such bugs are found in the future.

We continue to closely follow our network and promise to quickly respond in a similar manner to any possible future incident."

KMD notaries mining Safe coin wasn't an attack, if it was they would not have stopped and offered to help you fix the problem , and donate the coins they mined back to your community. Trying to compare that to a real attack like KMD experienced is like comparing a parent smacking a naughty toddlers bum with à violent rape. You posting jl777's explanation proves the point exactly, he's describing an attack, not an inadvertent outcome of Safe coin devs leaving hard coded kmd notaries in your coin source code.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:48:27 AM

We gonna hustle baby!
Even if it means stealing currency from those that rightfully own it.  Undecided
...[some dumb shit]...

I like how you throw the red herring and edit my comments to suit your lies.

If you could actually make a case the mining at a lower diff were stealing, that would still only excuse the taking of funds from any "bad actor(s)".

That still doesn't excuse the unSafecoin centralized cliche from stealing currency from everyone.

Despite linking it or not, the "bad actor(s)" mined according to consensus rules; the unSafecoin centralized cliche, however, disregarded all consensus rules and decided to steal the currency from everyone's accounts.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Zebra#

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:15:07 AM

We gonna hustle baby!

MARCH 13, 2017

KMD notaries mining Safe coin wasn't an attack, if it was they would not have stopped and offered to help you fix the problem , and donate the coins they mined back to your community. Trying to compare that to a real attack like KMD experienced is like comparing a parent smacking a naughty toddlers bum with à violent rape. You posting jl777's explanation proves the point exactly, he's describing an attack, not an inadvertent outcome of Safe coin devs leaving hard coded kmd notaries in your coin source code.

Big Naturals  Grin That's a bit of a stretch  Grin I know you chuckled when you typed that  Grin

I don't believe you can let someone off the hook for unethical behavior based on how much mercy they had for the victim.

Now, I acknowledge that you don't see it as an unethical act or attack. I respect your opinion and passion, but as I said before, I strongly disagree.
Zebra#

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

We gonna hustle baby!
Even if it means stealing currency from those that rightfully own it.  Undecided
...[some dumb shit (that you would rather people didn't see again)]...

I like how you throw the red herring and edit my comments to suit your lies.

If you could actually make a case the mining at a lower diff were stealing, that would still only excuse the taking of funds from any "bad actor(s)".

That still doesn't excuse the unSafecoin centralized cliche from stealing currency from everyone.

Despite linking it or not, the "bad actor(s)" mined according to consensus rules; the unSafecoin centralized cliche, however, disregarded all consensus rules and decided to steal the currency from everyone's accounts.

Again, you are clearly a master at your craft. I respect your game. But there is a reason you removed my quoted comment while writing your reply  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: