Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Governments let Bitcoins and Crypto World survive?  (Read 477 times)
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:23:26 AM

yes, if they think cryptocoin dont have value, they will leave it. because as i know, the big reason why bitcoin get banned is " unknown". its mean, they confused about from where this coin created, also why only in virtual world, not like money paper. but crypto world always survive, like bitcoin

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:30:48 AM

My question is, are these Governments even going to let Bitcoins and crypto survive?
They are cracking down on it by saying that it is illegal to trade things such as Bitcoins as it is a support to terrorism and money-laundering.
They are not understanding why it was created, but are coming up with baseless assumptions and even hurting people who are paying taxes too to these money-hungry people.
We are currently in the jeopardy of getting cryptocurrencies banned everywhere as if more and more countries join the list, the countries which are supporting it may also choose the same alternative.

Not all government against or cracking on cryptocurrency. There are few that allow the Citizen to enjoy the cryptocurrency. Canada is one of those.
In term of survival btc is already proved it that it survive after series of scrutiny.  As long there are people patronize the crypto it will survive regardless what the government to do to stop it.

The best thing the government can do with it is to tax the crypto so that both will benefit as a whole.   

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:31:36 AM

I think the government will not let bitcoin and crypto survive, because for them bitcoin and crypto is a big threat that can disrupt and destroy the stability of the world order, especially on aspects of economy. so they do subtle discrimination to kripto.
but in the end they will aware that if bitcoin is well managed, it will give them a big profit.
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:33:29 AM

My question is, are these Governments even going to let Bitcoins and crypto survive?
They are cracking down on it by saying that it is illegal to trade things such as Bitcoins as it is a support to terrorism and money-laundering.
They are not understanding why it was created, but are coming up with baseless assumptions and even hurting people who are paying taxes too to these money-hungry people.
We are currently in the jeopardy of getting cryptocurrencies banned everywhere as if more and more countries join the list, the countries which are supporting it may also choose the same alternative.
bitcoin does have a great risk. therefore, the government of many countries issued a declaration of rejection of this digital currency.
but in my own opinion, many positive things are affected by bitcoin.
bitcoin has its own advantages and is an excellent innovation in the field of technology. it will be able to support the existence of the world of digital currency will survive.
it just takes time for all countries to agree on the use of this digital currency.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Well the major global powers seem to be letting it thrive for the most part. For as long as they're not taking an overly hostile stance against Bitcoin, other governments going the other way don't really pose enough of a threat to its survival. It has proven to be incredibly resilient, fielding bubble remarks from all the way back to when it was worth just a few dollars and even massive Chinese FUD. I'm inclined to think governments don't have the power to decide its survival anymore, and should rather embrace it so as to not get left behind.

There hasn't been any recent bans though, right? The South Korea situation has pretty much stabilized, and I understand there's somewhat of a situtation in India but it doesn't look so bad. These fears of a worldwide Bitcoin ban are largely unfounded.

right, I agree with what you say. the government will not be able to ban the development of bitcoin and crypto, although what the OP says is very true, (to prevent illegal transactions such as terrorism).
but in fact, this is the development of the digital world and we live in it. whatever the reason the government will eventually join in the future.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:48:40 AM

"let" is a big word specially when you are talking about a decentralized network. it is like asking will they "let" the torrent network, the Tor network, .... and other peer to peer networks survive!

you see, when it comes to decentralization, nobody has a say in what the peers on that network should or shouldn't do. of course fighting crimes and illegal activities is a must, and by preventing things like bitcoin you don't fight crimes you just made yourself look like a fool.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

I believe governments will somehow allow bitcoins and crypto to survive and operate
but it will come with a price. There's always a catch with big markets that concerns,
affects and influences the people and economy. The real question would be When and
How. There are several nations and governments around that permit and allow the
circulation of bitcoins in their economy. Regulations and taxation will definitely counter the
concerns surrounding the anonymity issue. It's a tough nut to crack but with the growing
crypto community and the formidable demand and intensity of bitcoins and altcoins,
it's only a matter of time that designated solutions and terms would be appropriately
conducted, utilized and administered.
Murica_Coin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:03:02 PM

Yes,
Governments will want Cryptocurrency to survive as long as they get some sort of monetary benefit from the market. Governments are heavily taxing people who invest in cryptocurrency to compensate for lost investment in local businesses.
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:12:04 PM

Why would not governments let bitcoin and cryptocurrencies survive? they let social media, smart phones, internet, emails, etc why not bitcoin?
There are millions of people using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in their daily live and for their needs, there is no reason to ban this. Moreover I do not think there is a way to ban this. People may continue using cryptos secretly and this may create another parallel economy.

BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:16:41 PM

the survival of bitcoin does not depend on anybody,country this includes USA. except, if they are able unmask the creator of bitcoin. Meaning they need to identify the right NEGATOMO who is behind the invention of bitcoin otherwise, it will be a waste of time & resources.

Just like the other mentioned earlier - i think govt. are now working toward's tracking & identification of shipment of most  product's purchased online with btc method of payment. Yes, they can track thing's such as shipment of a specific product to a specific destination but, i wonder how many people will use full destination address if, they choose to go with bitcoin.

Note : right now domain name such as productchain,speedchain and other phrases related to blockchain are hot in domain market.

Thanks

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
Peperi

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:17:10 PM

Well, governments don't have the power to kill it so they don't have any other choice than let Bitcoin and Crypto World live.
stashi

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

Look the irony, the fiat which is still the denomination of Oil is the US Dollar, surprisingly US is not taking any adverse step to ban crypto... all other countries which bans crypto are doing to bring in regulation and correct the tax evading behaviour of their people. Major part of Europe has not banned, France for a change called for crypto startups as such they are a Fintech nation.
The move forward by OPEC nations needs to be observed, they have a vested interest to see crypto survive as it will bring the equation much to their side, if they can trade without dollar. The stability in oil market is something that the rest of the world is favoring whereas the OPEC nations may like to have a surging price, when that happens as per the projections, Gulf nations may accept crypto to destabilize dollar and when the trading can be done in crypto, the valuation will soar. One have to look at the actions of crown prince of UAE, a move of this order cannot be ruled out.
What will be the action of US then? Central bank / Trump may ban crypto in US at that point or wage wars like someone stated previously on countries and create a trading route for weapons which is dollar dominated.. this will be endless and finally crypto will survive..
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:32:30 PM

I think, after all, blockchain technology is so advanced, why the government should hinder their own country progress? Now is the era of information technology development, if the choice of conservative is likely to lag behind other countries, I think the national government has specialized personnel to adjust to improve it, but not yet mature.
Op is actually implying about bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies who face the same threats from being banned by the successive list of countries who tries to portray a bad impression about it, blockchain is a wonderful technology which can benefit the government but its currencies which operates through it itch the government and some banks to stop it.

majority of them did not ban bitcoin, in fact, they support it to the point that they need to make strict regulations with KYC policies in order to minimize such threats. The thing is everything that represents currency or money can be used as a tool for terrorism, money laundering and other forms of unlawful acts.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:35:32 PM

Whatever they do by uniting together and taking strict actions against bitcoin,it would all go in vain as they would not be able to stop its progress.Its highly impossible for all countries to ban bitcoin at the same time.Here we could see a south east asian economic giant japan legalizing bitcoin and china taking strict actions against bitcoin.
EtherSportz

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:39:14 PM

I honestly give it about a 70/30. 70% it survive with no (or possibly minimal) interference / 30% try to actively suspend or stop transactions with crypto. I put this over a 5 year timeline, since, now that crypto is really entering the mainstream consciousness, governments will eventually be cornered to make up their minds about what they'll allow (until the last year, many of them treated this sector as a novelty, but with bitcoin's massive swings and the ICO craze, they can't avoid the topic much longer). I think it'll still take 5 years because governments are generally pretty slow, and they'll form "special investigative committees" and other things which usually operate on a 1-2 year timeline themselves. In either case, I'm really referring to the exchanges, since this is really the only place that governments can effectively interfere if they decide to. The biggest issue will be whether or not so-called old money (banking/finance/wall street) feels like its being left out or not. If they think they can make money on this, then it'll survive. If not, they'll exaggerate money laundering, terrorists financing, or they'll wait for a big loss to take place, and claim that, in the name of protecting people, only "registered" investors with assets totaling X amount should be allowed to invest in crypto. Why I rank this 70/30 is that I think we're beginning to see signs that "old money" does in fact think they can prosper here.

All that said, I don't think the current wild west version of the cryptosphere will continue as its has been, and  I do think that more "oversite" will be added which will be annoying (I think ICOs will face more and more scrutiny for instance), but, by and large, I think that crypto will survive.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:05 PM

As far as I know most countries today are democratic which means we get to elect people that will support this tech which is tomorrows technology and its not about the government letting crypto suurvive
Our governments saying its promoting terrorism is a baseless assumption and their only defence because with its constant changing prices i dont think its a good funding source
Banning cryptos everywhere Wont be happening
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:08:10 PM

Whatever they do by uniting together and taking strict actions against bitcoin,it would all go in vain as they would not be able to stop its progress.Its highly impossible for all countries to ban bitcoin at the same time.Here we could see a south east asian economic giant japan legalizing bitcoin and china taking strict actions against bitcoin.

You will always have some exceptions, some countries which will give green light for bitcoin. Thing is that if needed nodes will be in those counties as well as mining so you can't really just shut it down.
doblok

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:20:07 PM

it is not impossible if the government will maintain bitcoin but this is happening and the government forbids the development of bitcoin in some countries and this is a hot conversation right now.
I hope the government soon legalize bitcoin Wink
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:27:59 PM

it is not impossible if the government will maintain bitcoin but this is happening and the government forbids the development of bitcoin in some countries and this is a hot conversation right now.
I hope the government soon legalize bitcoin Wink
Nope, legalization is not easy. But this becomes a hot topic in every country this is true because of this now most of the people aware of this bitcoin. But one thing is sure that governments are discussing more about bitcoin to make this legal or illegal. If they find any solution to collect tax for bitcoin transaction, then they will make this legal currency, or else they will announce this is an illegal currency.
koehlebd

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:38:04 PM

I think if there is a terrorist attack that is funded by a cryptocurrency, it could be the beginning of the end of cryptos.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: