Under 1 BTC - 56 (86.2%)
1 - 2.9 BTC - 5 (7.7%)
3 - 4.9 BTC - 1 (1.5%)
5 - 10 BTC - 2 (3.1%)
Over 10 BTC - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you tend to invest in an ICO  (Read 762 times)
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:47:09 AM

Hey guys

Just wondering what others normally invest in each ICO they invest in and see what the rough average is

Thanks

I voted for the under 1 btc option since most altcoins are very affordable and I am planning to hold them long term. I buy altcoins for holding using my extra money which is 20% of my monthly earning from my regular salary instead of just saving it in the bank. I use it to buy altcoins because I think it would be more profitable and money wise to invest than just to save.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:51:17 AM

Hey guys

Just wondering what others normally invest in each ICO they invest in and see what the rough average is

Thanks
The amount i generally invest in an ICO is the amount that i assume i am willing to loose as most ICOs out there are scams and you are most likely to loose your money when you invest in an ICO. I usually invest something close to 3000-5000$ in a single ICO.
You can eanr tremendous amount of returns when you invest in the right ICO but it is very difficult and challenging to find the right ICO. Only invest the surplus in the ICO, the money you are willing to gamble and loose.
sonbeo2704

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:27 AM

10% of my money i have. No more. Ico so risky
Gogochen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:17:38 AM

Generally speaking, I will decide how much to invest according to the quality of the ICO project.
But generally not more than 1BTC, because I don't have enough money.hhhhh. Grin

WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:19:59 AM

I usually spend about 50% my budget for investing in ICOs. If you are good at researching, you can find many good projects which can help you get much profit in short term such as BABB, PKT, SXDT...

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:20:18 AM

I invest a small amount in ICO, because ICO is not good for long-term investment.

Yankae

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:30:07 AM

Hey guys

Thanks
For me i guess it will depend on the quaility and the possibility of the ico's success.If i see that it has a good plan and  consist of  trust6rthy team i would bet 50% of my belongings,but if it has the opposite the a small percent would fit and rather none at all,because it is risky.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:30:27 AM

Unlike what you think and say, this is a matter of what I have learned and analyzed on the investment of one ico. there are various reasons and differences. i personally, not always the same in every investment on ico. depending on the level of trust in all my investigations and analyzes. 
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:49:12 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 07:11:47 AM by Chrystora123

I invest on average  1 - 2 Ethereum on a project, doubt it will be successful or not the project is certainly there,
because there are some projects that I follow is a scam..

rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:04 AM

This often depends on the value or potential of this ICO project, and we want to see if their teams are of sufficient quality. The amount of investment will be determined for these reasons, the most important is whether we have enough bitcoin to invest.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:58:47 AM

It all depends on the level of my confidence in the project. That is, if the developers or the team as a whole, could convince me that all the same the project will be able to master the tasks set, then most likely I will be able to invest about 1k $, but of course everything depends on your overall budget. It's not so big for me, so I think so
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:06:05 AM

I don't have much money so I often spend max 1 ETH to invest in any ICO project if they are good enough and if I still don't really believe in any projects I often don't wanna invest in or just invest small amount of money like 0.5 ETH or less to try if I'm a lucky man or not Smiley). After few mistakes in the past for now I often check on icoscanner.io before investing in any project Cheesy

bisdsad

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:16:51 AM

I think everyone has a reserve price in mind for different projects. If there is enough bitcoin, I might vote 1-2 bitcoins in a project beyond which I would think the risk is too high because the risk of the ICO is much higher than the bitcoin holds, although the revenue is also better than Bitcoin is high.
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:21:03 AM

If you do decide to invest, make sure to check ICO reviews & ratings before investing.

www.cryptorated.com

Is a good start. It shows popular ICOs, market trends, coin analysis.

Check the ICO Review pipeline for the top most popular ICOs

https://cryptorated.com/ico-request-pipeline/
forkwhale

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

It's not a matter of how much you invest, but how large potential returns are and which ICOs to trust.

Here are some ICO red flags that any investor should look out for:

1 "Solutionism" i.e. tokens created for tokens' sake, without solving an actual problem
2. There are no linkedin profiles of the team that you can check for their credentials
3. No valuable product underpinning the fundraising project
4. Timeline of roadmap not feasible
5. No cap on tokens and unrealistic funding target
6. Founders holding a disproportionate share of tokens

This list is by no means exhaustive. You need to seek out crypto experts who have the experience to tell the scam ICOs (e.g. Plexcoin, BitConnect) apart from the legitimate ICOS (e.g. ETH, BCG).
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

I think no one will invest 1btc in ICO. Unless if the dev is trusted.  Cause sometimes there are some ICO that didn't succeed to achieve their goals.. which is after a months it will become scam and there's no return on it even cents after the ICO failed. So i suggest to invest what you can afford to lose to prevent causes and regrets.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:29:27 AM

Hey guys

Thanks
Well i think every investors will have different amount of bitcoin to be invested into the ICOs projects, and we can see your the result of survey gives under one bitcoin. In my personal experience i have made investment in the ICOs just under one bitcoin the reason for it is management of money and risk, we can not make all in one ICOs projects due to it is high risk losing the money, will be wise to separate the money in other investment and don't be greed to taking profit.
coinman140

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

it depends on how much you trust the coin but i can put 1 btc if the coin is good, trusted and have many realistic projects.
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:43:41 AM

Usually I only invest at the most 1 ETH just to spread out my portfolio if I think it is a good project.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:53:22 AM

Hey guys

Thanks

Invest only an amount that you can afford to lose.

Regardless if it's less than or greater than 1 BTC it's still an investment. We cannot neglect the fact that a huge amount of risk is always present when investing in something, especially in an ICO, so just spend something you can afford. If you can afford to lose less than a bitcoin then do so, if you can afford to lose more than a bitcoin then go. Just consider studying the project/ICO you want to invest in. Investing is not something that you'll just go for without studying how you can benefit from it.

This type of question should not be asked IMO. You yourself is the only one who can answer how much you want to invest. Knowing how much others usually invest in an ICO does not matter since you're the one who is investing. Invest an amount based from your research and not how much others invest usually.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: