Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I chose not to invest in SpectreCoin (XSPEC) now  (Read 2179 times)
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:00:08 PM

Again, I'm not sure why you are attacking me.  I'm not arguing.  I'm questioning.  Sorry I didn't like you're post if that's what you are being aggressive about. 
I'm not saying I don't have some money in xspec. I do.  Money and time.  I like the community. But I don't have any emotion involved in it as a coin.  It's just data.  I don't have a feeling one way or the other and I didn't invest what I couldn't afford to lose. 
I like what Gunner is doing.  I think it's important to hold people accountable. 
The burden of proof is on the person making the assertion
I'm not making assertions here and you're not contributing anything to my inquiries.   
If it can't be proven it shouldn't be asserted.  I think Gunner understands that.
Maybe you've had to many people attack you directly because of your post.  I'd apologize for the zealots, but that's their job.  I don't encourage that.  As a result I think that you think my posts are something they aren't and if I wanted to deal with people like you I'd just hop over to 4chan where at least they are witty.  So as a courtesy, I'm informing you that I'm going to just communicate with Gunner from this point forth.  I hope your day gets better.

@Gunner... yes that's true 15 years is a claim.  Mandica is the only person who has met jbg.  I wonder how they feel about these claims and jbg's abilities since it was the project lead that brought them on according to them.

If the 1.4 code hadn't had the delay.  Would this issue be resolved or would it be resolved with the release of 1.4?  Because it's still late.  Would that amount of delay still render this situations a "scam?"

I have no way of knowing if he would have fessed up as I've never met the individual.  I suppose he could have denied that the jbg you presented to him was him.  I'm surprised he didn't honestly. 

So you think that 1.4 is NOT going to come out?  That's what you're saying?

More psychological spin! My replies aren't emotional, just pointing out what you're doing.
Why keep bringing it back to 1.4? why not focus on jbgs lies and lack of work to date?

The guy is 29 years old, even 15 years is bs, playing with code in your teens is not commercial experience, and yes this matters, working 40+ hours a week with deadlines for an entire year alone has far more value than playing with code for fun after school, he first claimed 20+ years and told one member 25 years, was he coding at the age of 4?

He also owned and worked in a bar, not something you would do along side full time software development. He has clearly lied here, it's not a minor exaggeration, it's a full on lie.

And you do have an agenda here, it shows by your approach, you keep diverting from the main issue and focusing on 1.4, the smallest point raised here and the one thing no one can prove as of yet, other than the fact he's given false deadlines etc.

As for your comments about Mandica being the only one who's met him, read the bold part in your above quote, due to this we don't need to meet the guy to conclude what I've said above.

Calling you what you are is not an attack, just an observation + the lack of care to be a nice guy towards shills.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:12:39 PM

@Gunner... yes that's true 15 years is a claim.  Mandica is the only person who has met jbg.  I wonder how they feel about these claims and jbg's abilities since it was the project lead that brought them on according to them.

Mandica has replied to the other thread, but not this one. And she was mainly trying to discredit preshpr1nce, not much responding to questions. But again we would need to trust Mandica's claims, a person who probably has a lot of coins (as jbg stated too) and so interests on one side of the truth.

If the 1.4 code hadn't had the delay.  Would this issue be resolved or would it be resolved with the release of 1.4?  Because it's still late.  Would that amount of delay still render this situations a "scam?"

I have no way of knowing if he would have fessed up as I've never met the individual.  I suppose he could have denied that the jbg you presented to him was him.  I'm surprised he didn't honestly.  

So you think that 1.4 is NOT going to come out?  That's what you're saying?

I am waiting to see the 1.4 code to decide, I don't care much about the release, although is worrying that is late.
I would like to see the amount of work done in 1.4, to prove 7 months of development which is missing from github (Jun-Dec, Feb-Mar), and so to prove jbg claim that he's working full time.

If that happens, I am very happy to shut the fuck up and, maybe, also buy some XSPECs.

I'd hope that you'd continue to be vigilant for everyone's sake.  As I said before I think checks and balances of this nature are necessary and a lot of us cannot decipher code and need to be informed of concerns like this.  BUT because I cannot decipher code I also have to be careful when considering the points that you're making which is why I questioned intent with the change of tone.  There is benefit to spreading false information on both sides of the code base and when I'm reading accusations I want as little emotion as possible and as much tangible fact as possible to make the most informed decisions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
gunner833 (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:35:34 PM

@Gunner... yes that's true 15 years is a claim.  Mandica is the only person who has met jbg.  I wonder how they feel about these claims and jbg's abilities since it was the project lead that brought them on according to them.

Mandica has replied to the other thread, but not this one. And she was mainly trying to discredit preshpr1nce, not much responding to questions. But again we would need to trust Mandica's claims, a person who probably has a lot of coins (as jbg stated too) and so interests on one side of the truth.

If the 1.4 code hadn't had the delay.  Would this issue be resolved or would it be resolved with the release of 1.4?  Because it's still late.  Would that amount of delay still render this situations a "scam?"

I have no way of knowing if he would have fessed up as I've never met the individual.  I suppose he could have denied that the jbg you presented to him was him.  I'm surprised he didn't honestly.  

So you think that 1.4 is NOT going to come out?  That's what you're saying?

I am waiting to see the 1.4 code to decide, I don't care much about the release, although is worrying that is late.
I would like to see the amount of work done in 1.4, to prove 7 months of development which is missing from github (Jun-Dec, Feb-Mar), and so to prove jbg claim that he's working full time.

If that happens, I am very happy to shut the fuck up and, maybe, also buy some XSPECs.

I'd hope that you'd continue to be vigilant for everyone's sake.  As I said before I think checks and balances of this nature are necessary and a lot of us cannot decipher code and need to be informed of concerns like this.  BUT because I cannot decipher code I also have to be careful when considering the points that you're making which is why I questioned intent with the change of tone.  There is benefit to spreading false information on both sides of the code base and when I'm reading accusations I want as little emotion as possible and as much tangible fact as possible to make the most informed decisions.

Don't be worried, I will Smiley

But if you don't want to trust me, find a experienced developer friend and ask him to asses the XSPEC github repository. This way you don't need to trust me.

Anyway, I am doing an in depth research of all the donation address transactions. The results I have seen so far are pretty worrying. Will share as soon as I have everything well written.
uniball

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:25:04 PM

@cuntner833 get over your self-indulgent prick self. You sound like a whiny little titty baby. "Boohoo boohoo... Gimme gimme gimme gimme... Look at me look at me." Shut the fuck up. No one owes you shit. This is crypto. Get over it.

This thread is sounding more and more of a Tinder hook up for you and Precious Princess. Do everyone a favor and go fuck yourselves.

"The results I have seen so far are pretty worrying."... Fucking millennials.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:50:23 PM

@cuntner833 get over your self-indulgent prick self. You sound like a whiny little titty baby. "Boohoo boohoo... Gimme gimme gimme gimme... Look at me look at me." Shut the fuck up. No one owes you shit. This is crypto. Get over it.

This thread is sounding more and more of a Tinder hook up for you and Precious Princess. Do everyone a favor and go fuck yourselves.

I would be upset too if I only had one ball Cheesy
uniball

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:18:05 AM

I would be upset too if I only had one ball Cheesy

Duh...nice observation. Where did you get your degree? Nice Observation University with a Specialization in sucking that Gunner dick? Idiot.
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:14:47 AM

thanks for bumping the thread
Charlz124

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:02:20 PM

Thank you for the information. Very useful to read . A lot of people who want to cheat. Good thing there's a place like this, bitcointalk.
Noelnada

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:41:03 PM

Well, Xspec seemed like a reasonably good cryptocurrency but it's listed only on Cryptopia so it's risky in my opinion. It might go somewhere if the developers team expands itself and the community do something to get it listed on a bigger exchange.

I have been following closely DeepOnion during the last months, they also come from a very small dev team but they expanded over time and upgraded the wallet constantly, bringing innovative features like DeepVault in the process (allowing to register digital files on the blockchain). Now they are ready to bring Stealth Address to DeepOnion, check it here if you want to know more about the subject : https://deeponion.org/community/threads/stealth-addresses-coming-to-deeponion-number-one-privacy-coin.29704/

I am not here to say XSPEC is bad and has no future, all I am saying is that when there is a will and a community, there is always possibilities to recruit developers and work hard to improve the crypto projects. Maybe there is hope.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:23:15 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 12:13:56 PM by gunner833

A little update for this wonderful drama:

- 1.4 is one month late, but TWO MONTHS have passed now since jbg said he would have published 1.4 code for everyone to see. This is still not done. After the ridiculous excuse of mixing up 1.4 code with stealth staking code, then the excuse he is working on project restructuring first, he now has the excuse of coin rebrand. Remember that publish some code on github takes 2 seconds.
- I love that jbg says development needs to be more public, when he is the only one holding this off, and achieving this takes 2 seconds.
- Mandica, the founder of XSPEC, never met or talked to Bryce, all interactions (communication and money, if he exists, but now it's clear he does not) happened through jbg.
- Mandica has no idea of what stealth staking is.
- one of the reason for the fork is that jbg did not show his work to Mandica either (and presumably not even to any of the other community members!). Seems that Mandica is in agreement with me when I say he is not working full-time and he has not been working much (or at all) on 1.4. Just another lie from jbg.

On the other hand, everyone has been pretty good at producing announcements. Unfortunately they cannot be translated to code Cheesy

Anyway I am still surprised about how many people still follow the BS and lies jbg says. Some people understood it though, but the others are going to find out the hard way.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:28:26 PM

A little update for this wonderful drama:

- 1.4 is one month late, but TWO MONTHS have passed now since jbg said he would have published 1.4 code for everyone to see. This is still not done. After the ridiculous excuse of mixing up 1.4 code with stealth staking code, then the excuse he is working on project restructuring first, he now has the excuse of coin rebrand. Remember that publish some code on github takes 2 seconds.
- I love that jbg says development needs to be more public, when he is the only one holding this off, and achieving this takes 2 seconds.
- Mandica, the founder of XSPEC, never met or talked to Bryce, all interactions (communication and money, if he exists, but now it's clear he does not) happened through jbg.
- Mandica has no idea of what stealth staking is.
- one of the reason for the fork is that jbg did not show his work to Mandica either (and presumably not even to any of the other community members!). Seems that Mandica is in agreement with me when I say he is not working full-time and he has not been working much (or at all) on 1.4. Just another lie from jbg.

On the other hand, everyone has been pretty good at producing announcements. Unfortunately they cannot be translated to code Cheesy

Anyway I am still surprised about how many people still follow the BS and lies jbg says. Some people understood it though, but the others are going to find out the hard way.

The key problem is not only the jbg. The present problem is the dev team has the incompatible contradiction. Thus they decided to fork. That really sucks.
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:10:54 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 03:19:31 PM by gunner833

The key problem is not only the jbg. The present problem is the dev team has the incompatible contradiction. Thus they decided to fork. That really sucks.

That is only the cherry on top, the main concern to me is a guy lying to people all along and not producing any code. Maybe also people getting excited about a fork of a shitcoin Cheesy But now that they have been properly informed, it's their choice. I'll just keep documenting the never ending contradictions.

The fork doesn't make any sense in my opinion, it could be easily avoided, but Mandica has interests to fire a shit developer, and jbg has interests to distract people from the fact that he has never really worked on the things he said.
GD199

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:03:24 AM

runnn to save your selfs....straight out scam right here
gunner833 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:36:09 AM

Shit, some interesting info there gunner, are you saying 200 thousand or 2 hundred xspec? you've put a dot rather than a comma?

It's 200k, my fault, thanks preshpr1nce. Edited.
htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:38:48 AM

I regret the investment in the dollar, which was prepared to invest when the market value was only a dozen or so, but I hesitated, which led to the subsequent increase in my regret.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:19:16 AM

It was a great bit of investigative journalism, that is why bitcointalk is such a great tool for learning and sharing. JBG scammed the xspec community and for all we know it was him constantly cashing out that was pushing the price down. With JBG gone, XSPEC should prosper and start to rise high where it should be - assuming there is a real developer on board this time.

Athavan

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:50:23 PM

TL:DR
I came across few suspicious things about XSPEC and I contacted jbg (lead (and only?) developer of XSPEC) privately. After the chat I had with him, I am still not sure if I trust the guy. Then after some thoughts and recent events, I have decided that it’s best for everyone to know what I know, and judge for themselves.
I will not invest long term in SpectreCoin (XSPEC) as almost everything jbg says to people is very difficult to prove and some might even be lies. Note that this is my personal conclusion, and it is based on the facts explained below.

LONG VERSION
I have been looking for a coin to invest long term and I have come across XSPEC on this forum a lot, so I decided to take a deeper look.

I am myself a software developer, so I do look quite closely to the code and its change activity. From the github commits, it seems that jbg started working on the project in June last year. There was only a few commits from June to December. From the end of September to the start of December, there was only one commit. From December onwards there has been more commits.

Then I examined these commits further: most of them were UI changes. In the 8 months (Jun 2017 to Jan 2018) there were only 3 changes to the core (most of the codebase is ShadowCoin): a quick fix on ring sizes, OBSF4 and a new feature that enables people giving stakes to the developer (!). All the rest were UI fixes and some library upgrades. That means the codebase is basically ShadowCoin with a few UI bugs fixed plus the ability to give money to the developer. ShadowCoin was a good coin regardless so at least this has inherited all the good bits.

I then checked who have been making these changes. I know that there should be two developers, each with 20+ years of experience, actively working full-time on this cryptocurrency. Weirdly when I looked into who made the code commits, only one person (jbg) had been making commits in the past 8 months. I could not see any commits done by another account.

This already sounded suspicious so I researched more and have come across his real name! This is super weird for a privacy crypto developer who claims to be anonymous. I then found also out he is in his twenties (20+ years of dev experience in his twenties?) and he used to have a bar business for two years (20+ years of dev experience on his twenties with 2 years with a bar business?) which went bankrupt with a $90k+ tax debt. Also he is now running an ecommerce business (he claims he works full time on XSPEC? Anyway website also looks quite amateur to me).

At this point I decided to contact him privately on slack. To summarize the discussion:
- About his age and his experience, he said he claimed to have 20 years experience because he had been paid for a software project he made at school when he was 9. He agreed that he might have over-exaggerated this but commented that it's kinda ok as people usually do this.
- About the bankrupted bar business (two years), he still counted this as dev experience since he developed the PoS system for the bar.
- About the mysterious second dev, he said he is a cryptographer and he is working on stealth staking that will be available in Q2 2018. I asked if the community could see any of his work, not only stealth staking, but he said I should wait until Q2.
- About the no commit period between the end of Sept to the start of December, he claimed that they were working on the UI rewrite and stealth staking. Both features were supposed to be hidden from public for now, so no way to check this.

Here is what I assess the facts given so far:
I thank him for being really transparent as he was open to discussion and didn’t deny my findings. However, everything becomes more suspicious. jbg is definitely knowledgeable in the crypto space, he knows his stuff, and always answers everyone’s questions on Slack. His coding ability is certainly good enough for library upgrades and quick UI bug fixes.

Unfortunately jbg is trying to look much more experienced than he actually is. Exaggerating his work experience is problematic because it is skewing people’s expectation and assumption when investing. We would naturally feel assured as we expect him knowing how to run, scale and lead a team, working in multi-disciplinary complex projects, and so on. This is really suspicious especially in the crypto world where scams are everywhere.

Not only his own dev experience did not check out, it is even more suspicious when there is no commits from the second dev, so-called cryptographer, on the repo. If there really had been some work done by two full-time developers since June last year I would at least see some public commits from them both.

When he claimed that both stealth staking code and UI rewrites are hidden features, I found it really suspicious. Stealth staking code to be hidden I understand, but UI rewrites? He said he does not want to make the UI rewrite public but since December he clearly has made public commits on UI changes. That makes no sense.

I honour his narrative on hidden development work but it is only his word for the last 8 months of development. As it stands, there is no actual proof apart from UI bug fixes and library upgrades. The current github commit history is definitely not enough to justify 8 months work by 1 or 2 full-time experienced developers. From my research, he's also running another ecommerce company on his own, that is a web application. I remain doubtful on the part where he says he is working full time on Spectre too. Suspicious.

As I mentioned at the start, I was going to leave the project silently after speaking with jbg as people should do their own research and make their own conclusion. However there had been a suspicious activity that made me post this publicly. Literally a day after our chat, I noticed that the github repository has been moved to a new one. This means if he or his mysterious teammate did do private commits during Sept to Dec last year, we would probably not be able prove this anymore.  

And a new github account called Bryce has miraculously showed up! This account has done no commits so far, even though it joined in September, but it has now created his first pull request! And of course it is about a library upgrade, no structural change. This is now too suspicious.

In the crypto world I am used to account for worst case scenarios and, in my opinion (and I stress this is my opinion!) the worst scenario for this case is:

- jbg is a developer who found a good abandoned coin and tried to work on it
- he created a nice community around it, he studied about crypto and SpectreCoin specifically very well so he is able to answer all the community questions
- he is lying about his developer experience so he can look more valuable
- he is also lying about another developer/cryptographer as Bryce does not exist
- always from my research, he has an ecommerce company so he can work on the coin only on his free time, not working full time as he said
- the only contribution that he can realistically offer is quick bug fixes as well as speaking to the community. That's why he is always available on slack
- aside from other features he could have done, somehow he found time to implement the feature where the community can donate him money
- his main motivation seems to be getting donations as he certainly is trying to keep the thing going. As the main revolutionary stealth staking is scheduled for Q2, he would have had 6+ months worth of donations by then. It is quite a good deal for him if you only have to do small bug fixes and answering all the common community questions on slack
- he says that he does not have much coins so he's not interested in the coin price. However people have been donating a lot of coins to him: averaged ~$6000/month only on stakes donation at the actual rate, plus all the ones he received previously, plus the ones he owns on his own. These donations means a lot to the country he lives (yup I found out where he lives) as it has a very low average salary.

This is my worst case scenario that I deduced from the information I found. It might not be true, but it is possible.

If you count the number of times I wrote the word "suspicious", you'll understand why I am not going to invest now. It is probably better to wait and see the end of February when 1.4 is scheduled with a full UI rewrite. This is also suggested by jbg and I will pass this on but bear in mind that he is happily receiving donations in the meantime.

Few last things:
- I am not going to reveal jbg identity or how I found it. But I have proofs of our conversation, and I can share this if necessary (with all personal information censored).
- I already spent too much time on this and I need to move on Smiley. For this reason I don't think I am going to reply.
- I really hope jbg will prove what I wrote wrong with the delivery of the Spectre road map on time.
- I hope cryptographer Bryce really exists Smiley
- crypto is full of smart people and scams, try not to invest on words, but invest on facts.

aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:58:30 PM

any news on this project?
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

any news on this project?

They have new wallet and its features are ways beyond my expectation.
I know that their website is not cool but the coin is really cool.
https://spectreproject.io

I ll keep some
NQkeemi

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:01:36 AM

I don't know whether it has been raised here, yet jbg recommended that maybe the group frame a "chamber" and we can apply the wallet gifts to a multi-sig wallet controlled by the board. We are the way toward shaping this Council right now. That way a couple of the network individuals will be responsible for the assets and their discharge to him. He recommended that on the off chance that we are not content with the work that he is doing then we could pick to expel him and utilize the assets to enlist another engineer. The group will keep you refreshed on this and whatever other progressions that we make during the time spent lightening the current vulnerability. Once more, thank you for your worry. You've given the less educated of us with an important bearing around there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: