Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you buy a BitFury mining board?
No - 75 (19.8%)
Yes, 1-5 Boards - 149 (39.4%)
Yes, 5+ Boards - 72 (19%)
Yes,1-5 Boards and i have BitBurners on Order - 49 (13%)
Yes, 5+ Boards and i have BitBurners on Order - 33 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 378

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Burnins BitFury miner  (Read 22352 times)
tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

Differences between €699 is and original price of €470 is probably distributor's margin mostly.
Those who think they will get their boards before early November, I suggest to think twice.
To those wanting to support burnin, you guys could always donate.
I am out and deleting my vote as conditions were changed.

I waited for long to buy a product from burnin and now seeing what was done, I can just feel sorry for the energy, time, effort and money of all people involved (including myself).

@burnin,
I do appreciate your work and effort, and if I may say; you shouldn't allow this to happen.
If distributor is to be blamed, get rid of them and do business with someone having more realistic view on market and with one willing to work with less margin.
If you can't find anyone, do it yourself or you will loose all these people waiting for your boards.
I am speaking this as a friend, and this is just a hobby for me to support network and get involved. Having said that and, I don't want to overpay what ever product I am buying and this one is too expensive for me and probably bad investment with price set way too high.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:28:22 PM

Many people asked (and obtained) Avalon chips refunded because of clear issues with the ROI, and we all know how good is http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ to understand the current situation in term of difficulty increase (sadly...).

If we consider the costs and the mining potential of the new burning project and we stick them in the genesis block this is what comes out...is this correct?

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d5f045682e

This is not a critic, I think this a realistic view of the current situation. I genuinely think that burnin and Cryptx are doing their best in reducing the costs, but delivering a competitive product at this stage is very very difficult if you don't produce the chips!!

Can you clarify the use of 9 BTC as "Cost of Hardware"?

he is right, the cost of hardware without shipping is 8.5 BTC at the moment, add shipping and you get 9.25BTC

Including VAT this is correct.

Are you insane, or just greedy? burnin stated the expected price was around 470 euros per board. This is almost twice as expensive. Cost breakdown, please.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:31:44 PM

Differences between €699 is and original price of €470 is probably distributor's margin mostly.
Those who think they will get their boards before early November, I suggest to think twice.

I waited for long to buy a product from burnin and now seeing what was done, I can just feel sorry for the energy, time, effort and money of all people involved (including myself).

@burnin,
I do appreciate your work and effort, and if I may say; you shouldn't allow this to happen.
If distributor is to be blamed, get rid of them and do business with someone having more realistic view on market and with one willing to work with less margin.
If you can't find anyone, do it yourself or you will loose all these people waiting for your boards.
I am speaking this as a friend, and this is just a hobby for me to support network and get involved. Having said that and, I don't want to overpay what ever product I am buying and this one is too expensive for me and probably bad investment with price set way too high.

Same deal here, I invest my bitcoin in mining shares, just to not have a massive rig running at home. But I do run some boards as a hobby, and the entire burnin journey was great, but for me it stops at the BitBurners from burnin, and no BitFury's
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

Out of necessity a new thread for a new product:
I want to test the waters if you would be interested in such a board

The Bitfury design i am working on is a 16 Chip board with the same form factor as the BitBurner.
I think it makes sense that i will sell boards including the chips now - no more group buys.

Best demonstrated performance per chip is currently 2.7Ghash resulting in 42ghash/s per board.
I am aiming for 5 Ghash per chip, i will be doing things differently then the competition which will hopefully
allow us to squeeze more performance out of this silicon.
Host interface and Controller / stacking will stay the same.

Price: ~470eur+vat (Complete module including chips)
Delivery: early October if Punin delivers on time.

Just want to quote this for when the first post is edited.
blo

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:49:41 PM

A realistic date to get this devices in hand - November. In that case we dont get ROI. http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/05945f0b55
If we get it in october - we will get a little profit, maybe even 1 BTC per board per year Wink

I am looking an opportunity to sell the place in the first queue because the 50% is not what I expected.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:58:26 PM

@burnin,

You said it better than me Smiley Same boat here!

shapemaker

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:01:12 PM

@burnin,

Well said. This is just like Asicminer. I spoke against their pricing months ago, and this is turning into yet another price gouge.

Bloody sad.

lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:07:07 PM

Far too expensive, I even considered it with the discount amount from my old Bitburners but will now be changing my choice to "refund"

Think I would rather save my BTC up for a few months then buy at this price.

€470 was such a good price, shame that we got our hopes up!

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:19:36 PM

I really want to hear what Burnin think about all of this ? you stated the price will be around 470€, how can you let your partner take such advantage out of this ? you still can make this right it is not too late....
shapemaker

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:22:44 PM

Far too expensive, I even considered it with the discount amount from my old Bitburners but will now be changing my choice to "refund"

Think I would rather save my BTC up for a few months then buy at this price.

€470 was such a good price, shame that we got our hopes up!

They probably thought "what the heck, let's charge as much as we dare".

The pricing is set so high these things won't make much profit if they manage to ROI at all. Asicminer v2. What the heck is wrong with people these days? :/

Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 07:46:10 PM

I really want to hear what Burnin think about all of this ? you stated the price will be around 470€, how can you let your partner take such advantage out of this ? you still can make this right it is not too late....
+1
Statement from burnin, please? I am very disappointed...

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

You know, all this complaining about the price is unnecessary. You can just vote with your BTC's. Then when he starts taking a loss because he's not selling enough, the price falls.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:07:08 PM

You know, all this complaining about the price is unnecessary. You can just vote with your BTC's. Then when he starts taking a loss because he's not selling enough, the price falls.

Well i am sure we are voting with our btc too, but i think being vocal is good too.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:11:15 PM

Well i am sure we are voting with our btc too, but i think being vocal is good too.

+1

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:15:42 PM

he will keep miners for himself.
frostedflakes

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:27:20 PM

This, I guess I don't understand all the outrage. If the price is too high, they won't sell any and will be forced to lower it. Seriously doubt that will be the case, though, seem to be plenty of people out there who have no problem buying ASICs even with questionable ROI. And price seems to be competitive with other current and upcoming offerings.

Pricing isn't based manufacturing costs, it's based on how much people are willing to pay. Charging the maximum the market will bear isn't greed, it's just smart business. They'd be idiots to give their product away for less than they could get out of it.

On the bright side for those who want it cheaper, with difficulty increasing as fast as it is, probably won't have to wait long at all before it's available for €470 or even less. Cheesy
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:43:39 PM

On the bright side for those who want it cheaper, with difficulty increasing as fast as it is, probably won't have to wait long at all before it's available for €470 or even less. Cheesy

Yeah, but €470 now isn't the same with €470 in a month Smiley

shapemaker

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

This, I guess I don't understand all the outrage. If the price is too high, they won't sell any and will be forced to lower it. Seriously doubt that will be the case, though, seem to be plenty of people out there who have no problem buying ASICs even with questionable ROI. And price seems to be competitive with other current and upcoming offerings.

You don't take into account us who have already paid these people money to make Avalon chip based miners and now are forced to take a 30% loss in converting our old orders to these new boards. Add to that the insane pricing of these new boards, and it starts to look very bad very soon. We don't even get any compensation in the first wave pricing.

Pricing isn't based manufacturing costs, it's based on how much people are willing to pay. Charging the maximum the market will bear isn't greed, it's just smart business. They'd be idiots to give their product away for less than they could get out of it.

What is idiotic is comments like this. You don't know how much the network hashrate grows in the coming months, and pricing your product so high the miners won't even ROI if the growth is just slightly higher than pessimistic estimates is just plain greedy - offloading the risk to miners. Besides, if every manufacturer followed your advice of not selling to "the public", you'd just get centralization of the network hashpower - the exact opposite that Bitcoin is supposed to achieve.

... and at that point these boards are even less worth the hassle. Seriously, just use your brain and think before posting...

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:48:55 PM

What is idiotic is comments like this. You don't know how much the network hashrate grows in the coming months, and pricing your product so high the miners won't even ROI if the growth is just slightly higher than pessimistic estimates is just plain greedy - offloading the risk to miners. Besides, if every manufacturer followed your advice of not selling to "the public", you'd just get centralization of the network hashpower - the exact opposite that Bitcoin is supposed to achieve.

Actually he is true. From a business point of view it's better to sell at what people are willing to pay than at manufacturing costs+small profit, but you need to find the sweet spot.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

You don't take into account us who have already paid these people money to make Avalon chip based miners and now are forced to take a 30% loss in converting our old orders to these new boards.

You weren't forced to take a loss.  You could just supply chips to burnin as you agreed and he will assemble them into boards for you exactly as agreed.

He is generously offering to refund you a proportion of the money that you spent on a non-refundable deal - and you are bitching that he is somehow in the wrong?

roy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: