Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you buy a BitFury mining board?
No - 75 (19.8%)
Yes, 1-5 Boards - 149 (39.4%)
Yes, 5+ Boards - 72 (19%)
Yes,1-5 Boards and i have BitBurners on Order - 49 (13%)
Yes, 5+ Boards and i have BitBurners on Order - 33 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 378

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Burnins BitFury miner  (Read 22352 times)
scotjam

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:08:41 AM

I could be wrong but I don't think Burnin does discounts. At least that is what he said with Avalon bitburners. I don't think you will get a reply if you ask for a discount.

Does that apply to cryptx as well? Impressive that he would set up a distributor site just for the good of the community...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:40:47 PM

I don't even have time to read the forum anymore.   Undecided

Anyway have some PCB Pr0n:

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:42:45 PM

Looks great burnin.

Are you looking for US vendors?

bulltrap

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:05:32 PM

Would be nice to know will there be more distributors in addition to cryptx?
creativex

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:27:14 PM

...and he's gone without answering again. Undecided

Sounds like cryptx = exclusivity. Unfortunate as the product and developer are worthy of patronage, but the chosen vendor is not.

Dustbin of history...you have another entry it seems.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:13:27 AM

Yes we can! Smiley

creativex you should've contacted burnin faster than this, i'm sure he is a reasonable guy.

bulltrap

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:16:05 AM

...and he's gone without answering again. Undecided

Sounds like cryptx = exclusivity. Unfortunate as the product and developer are worthy of patronage, but the chosen vendor is not.

Dustbin of history...you have another entry it seems.

Yeah, just a confirmation would be nice as some people have been hinting that there might be other options coming.
creativex

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:22:53 AM

Yes we can! Smiley

creativex you should've contacted burnin faster than this, i'm sure he is a reasonable guy.

I did. As did others.

18 days ago. Crickets.

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:02:37 AM

Yes we can! Smiley

I did. As did others.

18 days ago. Crickets.
Pretty much. Its not just that hes so buisy... its just without people like us he would have to do even more work.

BTC Creativex I admire the way you run your fund and would defiantly give you my vote to US distribute.
creativex

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:13:40 AM

Yes we can! Smiley

I did. As did others.

18 days ago. Crickets.
Pretty much. Its not just that hes so buisy... its just without people like us he would have to do even more work.

BTC Creativex I admire the way you run your fund and would defiantly give you my vote to US distribute.

Thanks bobsag3. We're going the bitfury route one way or another as it's the best chip out there atm. I like burnin's work and would like to help make it more accessible, but it's not competitive with the currently available vendor markup.

biddicoin

Activity: 1077

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:49:28 AM

Does someone know how to set up these boards with CGMiner?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:27:43 AM

The question is if cgminer is supported first of all...
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:34:25 AM

I guess if somebody sends the hardware to ckolivas or kano, the chances would be high.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:50:55 PM

damn... built one with fury chips already?? do you sleep burnin?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

I guess if somebody sends the hardware to ckolivas or kano, the chances would be high.
I PM'd burnin about this already but he's been rather busy as we all know so I've not heard back yet.
Indeed once I have the hardware it will be in cgminer master git soon after.

P.S. I've got the CMR working on all 4 chips on linux, only to find windows doesn't work Tongue
... linux took me 3 rewrites of the the changes to get it working and understand how to handle that USB chip Smiley
I've been talking to one of the libusbx devs and hopefully have the windows issue resolved shortly.
The first commit to master git will be it hashing on all 4 fgpa - then I'll add the glasswalker extensions after that.
Just thought you'd like an update Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:21:18 PM

P.S. I've got the CMR working on all 4 chips on linux, only to find windows doesn't work Tongue
... linux took me 3 rewrites of the the changes to get it working and understand how to handle that USB chip Smiley
I've been talking to one of the libusbx devs and hopefully have the windows issue resolved shortly.
The first commit to master git will be it hashing on all 4 fgpa - then I'll add the glasswalker extensions after that.
Thanks! Will try this out.  It's just sad that due to lack of cooperation from Enterpoint it's taken this long for a benefactor to get one to you. 

Sadly, the CM1's are slipping underwater in terms of ROI vs. Power within the few difficulty updates.  Well, maybe someone will breathe life into them with an LTC implementation. Who knows.

Genuine thanks though for the effort.  I've been a critic, but you're true to your word re: active support on your terms and I respect that.  I guess all along my beef was with Enterpoint not supporting cgminer rather than vice versa.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:26:04 PM

well I know that burnin is really busy and working hard, but this project started as DIY which is really great for all miners, we had faith and support but now it is heading to the wrong way with cryptx, allot of members are rising their concerns about this and we would like to hear good answer from burnin about that, he has been silent and didn't address this issue.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:38:35 PM

well I know that burnin is really busy and working hard, but this project started as DIY which is really great for all miners, we had faith and support but now it is heading to the wrong way with cryptx, allot of members are rising their concerns about this and we would like to hear good answer from burnin about that, he has been silent and didn't address this issue.

Funny how nobody mentions this, but haven't BitBurner miners supposed to be open-source? If they were open-sourced cryptx tyranny of 200-300+ EUR price rise would be impossible, everyone could buy raw PCBs from Burnin which could include handsome design fee and produce DIY miner. We don't even need open-sourced PCB, just the rest of the design and PCB supply from Burnin.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:25:36 PM

I PM'd burnin about this already but he's been rather busy as we all know so I've not heard back yet.
Indeed once I have the hardware it will be in cgminer master git soon after.

Glasswalker extensions would be appreciated. It probably won't make any measurable profit for me anymore (I only have 2 of them and they are picky about USB hubs/cables) but at least it would enable me to use cgminer for all my FPGAs instead of a mix of cgminer and MPBM. Will tip 1 month of profit if it works seemlessly: ~0.1 BTC today.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:54:51 PM

Funny how nobody mentions this, but haven't BitBurner miners supposed to be open-source? If they were open-sourced cryptx tyranny of 200-300+ EUR price rise would be impossible, everyone could buy raw PCBs from Burnin which could include handsome design fee and produce DIY miner. We don't even need open-sourced PCB, just the rest of the design and PCB supply from Burnin.

CryptX is supplying the chips - and has one of the first of the '20 September' batches of chips - which he says he already has in hand.  So any other source of boards someone would have to get hold of some chips (at what cost?  and when would they ship?  Does anyone have them in stock at a sensible price?)

And we really don't know how much profit either burnin or CryptX is making on this - we know that burnin said the component costs were higher than he had anticipated.  Am I disappointed that it's not 470 Euros?  Sure.  But like any other product, it is up to you and me to decide if it is worth it or not at the price offered.

I haven't seen either burnin or CryptX do anything wrong up to now, and really don't get what has some people so upset.

As far as the Avalon miners go, they were sold with no refund.  If burnin now offers a refund, you can't really complain that you don't like the terms.

And as for CryptX's own mine - you really think he should cancel plans for a mine because he agreed to distribute the Fury boards?  Besides, AIUI CryptX is supplying the chips for the Bitburner Fury boards he distributes, so every chip going into a board we buy is a chip not going into his mine.

As always, too much drama in this forum.  I just want my Bitburners to arrive (both XX and Fury) Smiley

roy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: