Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 errors when buying crypto currency  (Read 1262 times)
karim30

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:48:38 AM

Thank you for the article. It's really helpful. When investing in cryptocurrency I often make mistakes FOMO psychology or impatient to buy a coin for the best price.
itscomplicated

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:07:47 AM

Mistake № 5. Purchase coins from scam projects.
This error is a consequence of the previous one. Greed has ruined us.
Very often I hear about over profits in Landing ICO, investing in InvestBox and so on. If the project offers more profit in the shortest possible time - think! Most likely you are offered to enter the financial pyramid and will be enriched by the miracle of the project written on a cheap Internet template.

This is very important, there are many who is trying to make scam project because there are many who is easy to trick.
don't enter to an investment directly, study it first, just like the saying "don't go to a war empty handed" equip yourself knowledge and
skill and you'll be successful.
raider150shifter

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:25:21 AM

Mistake № 1. Buying on the top (loss of profit syndrome).

in other words, don't get FOMOd. specially if the coin recently pumped, except if there's
a certain partenership, etc. that could base why the coin pumped. analyze carefully the chart.
partner TA with FA.
RasicaOla12

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:57:56 AM

5 errors for us or happen when we trade cryptocurrency transactions that is
We often forget password wallet
We often hit the wrong address wallet
Do not enter the correct email address
money or error...
capn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:51:07 PM

The first one point is really matters for me, but I'm concerned about my limited ability to consider when it is the perfect time to sell or buy cryptocurrencies, you can never know when is the peak or the bottom.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

The first one point is really matters for me, but I'm concerned about my limited ability to consider when it is the perfect time to sell or buy cryptocurrencies, you can never know when is the peak or the bottom.
in fact, many traders are guided by the average price, which was called during the ico of the company. The fact is that this is the line from which they are repelled and at the same time take into account the prospects of this project.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 435

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:34:50 PM

in other words, don't get FOMOd. specially if the coin recently pumped, except if there's
a certain partenership, etc. that could base why the coin pumped. analyze carefully the chart.
partner TA with FA.

I think there's a large proportion of people falling in for this as they feel it will continue going  up and then it will make it much harder for them to buy the coin which sometimes can happen but I haven't yet seen a situation when the price didn't drop. So its something to really consider.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:51:42 AM

Yes these are the most common errors or mistakes people make when buying cryptocurrencies. I would like to add one more important mistake which I think many people make. The investors, especially the newbie always look out for the crashed coins, expecting that they will rise to great heights. But it is not important that everything that goes down always comes up again if it has some value and adds up utility to the people.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:57:18 AM

All of these errors could be avoided if people just do their own research! If you dont know nothing about some coin and you watch its market cap, volume, is it on top or bottom... You will most probably hit some scam projects or pump and dump shitcoins! Just DYOR and when you are sure in some project, buy that coin, hold, and bears cant hurt you!
napi

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:48:41 AM

yes you are right I really agree with what you mentioned this could be one of the references for new traders to be more careful when wanting to buy coin, such information is very useful and very useful.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

This is definitely a detailed explanation of what we experience in this market. These are commonly experienced errors we see in trading . we must know these errors and find a way to manage our risks and trades so as to be successful in this field
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:08:14 AM

5 errors when buying electronic money
1) Buy coin by emotion without considering the market
2) Put money into a coin
3) When the market price jumps up to buy
4) When the market price decreases to sale off because loss of capital
5) No experience in trading

lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

Mistake № 2. Sale of coins on the bottom (fear of losing everything).

This is the concrete example why we need to control our emotions in trading,
be patient, wait for the market to recover.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:18:10 AM

Experience has taught me that keeping tab on what works for you is the best strategy, you could practise all the tips from the pro all you want and you have will still end up losing. Find your own method and stick with it.
Huy Mai

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:35:23 PM

Wow, I love these errors because they are what we are experiencing in cryptocurrency market. You are true, and we should learn to avoid them. I think the best way is learning. We have to study many aspects of this market (TA, risk management, news, ...) Good luck Smiley
Nayborksta

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

Everyone who comes into the crypto business makes almost the same mistakes because of his inexperience, patterned thinking and, panicking under the influence of the crowd. If discard all illusions about our own "EGO", we are all imperfect people and prone to make mistakes. The financial market likes such amateurs and absorbs them with guts, because it is the only one which is always right and remains in a huge plus. And the question is - how to deal with it? It's quite simple – rule out these mistakes and you will defeat a crowd of losers and climb to the top of financial success.

A huge number of people enter the market at that moment when it's time to get out of it, regardless of the scale in which they trade. If the coin has recently shown X5-X10, it makes sense to look the other way, to look for a fresh product - coins that have successfully completed the ICO, have collected HardCap, but have not yet received their Xs. Of course, in each case there is still a chance for profit from further coin growth, but the probability of a decline in this moment is usually very high. Eventually, an inexperienced investor sees how the pump of the coin ends and he suffers losses of 100%. As a rule, any growth price is accompanied by an increasing volume and it is fraught - if there are buyers, then there must be seller. As a consequence, the increasing volume in the growing market may be a sign of the top achievement, as volume is a leading indicator for assessing future price development. People themselves generate volumes at a peak - see how the price increases, experience a "loss of profit syndrome" and soon receive losses.

To avoid this situation, the following rules should be adhered to:

1. Never buy when volume increases if the price is at the top of the market and there are no valid reasons for further price rise, and instead an artificial pumping of the price occurs.
2. You can buy in a growing market, but only if there is a break through the resistance level (maybe for someone it's a new word, but it's better to learn the basics of trading).
3. Always remember, there are 2 sell/buy glasses on the stock exchange, which means that against your deal for a purchase is a sale, where an experienced player comes out of a long position to re-buy at the bottom.
https://s14.postimg.org/btgthtzs1/2018-01-30_14.20.05.png

Mistake № 2. Sale of coins on the bottom (fear of losing everything).
No less number of investors falls into this situation. Surprisingly, this is a mirror image of the "Buying on the top" scenario, the same high volume combined with the heavily falling prices. Only in this situation we already experience not the "lost profit syndrome", but "the fear of losing everything". Negative news, panic on the forums and big red candles. Typically, this situation on the market has a pointed depression, such as the letter "V" (see screenshot). Selling in this situation, you will very soon face a price reversal and regret that you have succumbed to fear, trying to leave at least something of your investment.
How to avoid such an error?

Follow the same rules as before:
1. Never sell when volume increases if the price is at the bottom of the market, especially when all support levels are broken and there is no valid reasons for further price drop.
2. Sell in a declining market, supported by volume, only if you really see that there will be a break through the support level.
3. Always remember: on your sell, more experienced players want to be proficient; for your sell is an order where another investment fund or a large trader enters a long position to buy.
https://s14.postimg.org/mubymfcgx/2018-01-30_14.14.57.png

Mistake № 3. Growth leaders sale
It often happens that the investor, instead of long-term investments, is limited to short-term investments. Having received the coin's growth in 3-5 times, he sees a small drawdown after growth and makes the assumption that this is a signal for sale, the coin should fall. To his great disappointment, after some period of calm and movement in the lateral range, the price soon easily rushes to new heights. And what about trade on the correction, you ask? Gentlemen – this is an art that you still need to master, because you are starting a dangerous game against the trend. As a rule, the growth leaders do not go for a turn, but stop in a narrow corridor for a short respite and a further jump up. Of course, reversals of leaders happen, but most often this is due to SCAM of the project itself or serious security problems of the technology itself.

Use the following rules for this item:
1. Do not take short positions on the growth leaders, this is an investment for 6-12 months minimum.
2. If an outset emerged on the uptrend, you can count on a new breakthrough up (the longer the lateral trend lasts, the more chances to go higher up, breaking through the resistance level on the top).

Mistake № 4. Buying leaders who have recently sank to the bottom.
This error is a consequence of the newcomer's greed and rashness. Typically, the crypto business comes, hearing in the news of super profits, for example, about how Bitcoin did 18000% for a paltry 5 years. Looking at the Bitcoin, Etherium, Verge graph, the newcomer looks and imagines that he now had if he bought Bitcoin for $1000 in 2010-2011 or Etherium for $2, and even just investing in Verge $100, now he could drive on a steep wheelbarrow. In such moments, as a rule, we would like to think that the price always comes back and it is necessary to find a coin with a drawdown of 99%, of the latter, it is a sensational BitConnect project. I will not write about it, this coin refers to 5-th error. (This paragraph does not apply to the situation with Bitcoin in 2013-2014, when there was a hard correction).

Here is only one rule: do not take coins, the drawdown for which was more than 70%. Any technology (project) has its beginning and end, and during the rapid development of ICO (other more advanced technologies, projects) it is foolish to expect a quick recovery of the scam position of the project that has lost the key staff of the development team or key investors. The latter, most likely, at this time invest their funds in Etherium 4.01.

Mistake № 5. Purchase coins from scam projects.
This error is a consequence of the previous one. Greed has ruined us.
Very often I hear about over profits in Landing ICO, investing in InvestBox and so on. If the project offers more profit in the shortest possible time - think! Most likely you are offered to enter the financial pyramid and will be enriched by the miracle of the project written on a cheap Internet template. Yes, you can quickly make money here, but you can lose everything quickly. Therefore, these projects do not suit us, we are investors and traders, not roulette players.

In this situation, observe the following rules:
- Do not buy unknown coins, which are not available on such authoritative resources as CoinMarketCap, Investing.com
- Do not get involved in projects that offer you an income of 10-20% per day, most likely it's a banal pyramid. If you went into it, you can never leave.
- Watch coins on CoinMarketCap, it is desirable that their daily volume was more than 1 million, the total capitalization above 60 million and they traded on leading exchanges such as Bittrex, Binance. As a rule, such coins than are backed up and the chance that this scam-project is not great.

I want to add to everything that I'm saying above: the market of crypto-currencies is still young, the total capitalization is negligible, 2% of the entire population is aware of mining and blockchain, so there is still time for investments and making money.

Good luck and profit to all and thanks for your +Merit.

Link to my original post in Russian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846459.msg29198113#msg29198113

Thanks for those tips, they are really helpful. Especially for the newbies like me.
WiseFoxxy

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:27:41 PM

Rules #1 and #1 sound like common sense but you'll be surprised to find yourself making those mistakes without thinking about it. It's part of a human instinct to want to join into the trend, even if there are clear signals that it's not the best time. We'll come late for the party with a bottle of vodka when everyone else is putting on their shoes and it won't faze us.

Check yourself every time you make a trade. Ask "is this rational?"
r.black

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:54:43 PM

The topic is very well disassembled. But you can make a shorter summary. The main reason for the poor entry into the transaction is the orientation toward history and the expectation of a repetition of past movements and figures. Also, people are often mistaken because of the orientation to public opinion, the media talk, as well as the opinions of various "experts." Be smarter, do not let yourself be part of the simplest market manipulation
Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:37:42 PM

On point. Though I have learned some of this from my past trading experiences which was hard. If only this post comes before I've jumped into trading  Grin. Well done sir. Though this one deserves merit, I got nothing to share. Again thank you and would follow you for more of your posts like this one.

Because your emotions will be at their peak. When you make a great trade, you feel like a genius. The joy of making a bundle of money out of the blue coupled with the fact that it manifests from your own strategy generates a level of dangerous trust and excitement that makes you make some really dumb choices if left alone.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:42:20 PM

On point. Though I have learned some of this from my past trading experiences which was hard. If only this post comes before I've jumped into trading  Grin. Well done sir. Though this one deserves merit, I got nothing to share. Again thank you and would follow you for more of your posts like this one.

Because your emotions will be at their peak. When you make a great trade, you feel like a genius. The joy of making a bundle of money out of the blue coupled with the fact that it manifests from your own strategy generates a level of dangerous trust and excitement that makes you make some really dumb choices if left alone.
Emotions is avery big part of your activity in what you think and felt may result a good or unwanted decision making. Patience is one of errors because of panic or eagerly to buy and that's me i admit I'm that kind of person before and now im learning on it once i saw the price gone up i will wait for its dump before i enter.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀