Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the new merit system?  (Read 919 times)
atliens99 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

What are your thoughts, do you like the new merit system?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:55:50 PM
Merited by Crasengover (1)

You mean alot less spam? Anyway, about the merit... I think there should be some tweaks done to the current system. I believe that right now the problem is that most of the users aren't getting merit with they're posts(even if the posts are good)... Maybe because other users are still not used to this new feature, maybe because they expect a half of a page post to be eligible to win merit... All i know is that getting higher rank will be much harder than before, even if your posts are good

patriot_rf

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:57:05 PM

The new system very strongly complicates receiving a new rank, but at the same time is designed to remove spam and uninterested people from a forum, we will hope that it will help it. On the other hand it would be desirable there is nobody eases by they are who is interested to be at this forum. Personally I can't earn the first merit in any way though there is a strong wish.
atliens99 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

You mean alot less spam? Anyway, about the merit... I think there should be some tweaks done to the current system. I believe that right now the problem is that most of the users aren't getting merit with they're posts(even if the posts are good)... Maybe because other users are still not used to this new feature, maybe because they expect a half of a page post to be eligible to win merit... All i know is that getting higher rank will be much harder than before, even if your posts are good

I meant , they added merit to stop the short spammy posts that were occuring just to level up.  The problem is even if someone posts very high quality posts is that most people are not even going to bother to send merit to that person.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

Overall this system helps to avoid extra spam at this forum. On the other hand currently it is too hard to get rank up that will have influence on bounty companies (less people will be involved in bounty companies that it could be without merit system)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:07:48 PM

It's will really be hard now to get points and upgrade to the next level. But i think it is good for the community in general. they trying to make bitcointalk the best place you can source for information regarding crypto.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:09:33 PM

I admit this is hard at first. Scarcity of merits, saw great quality posts but can't give merits to the deserved writers. But I know in the future when merits are flooding this would be easier. The new system is great but it needs development and we are part of it.
ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:12:51 PM

I think they implement this merit system is just because brand new members can just easily go to jr member and rush to member in one month because of the burst posting everyday they are wanting to have a fair play on increasing the numbers of ranks. You can giveaways merits if you want to but give it to the deserving people
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:06 PM

People are not demanded to post high quality posts, nobody is preventing anyone to post stupid posts (as long as it's not a pure spam). However, if one wants to go up in ranks, he would have to actually contribute to the community by posting good and constructive posts. That's the whole point of the system, it is supposed to be some kind of indication of the user's quality.
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:19:34 PM

You see, there will always be good and bad(?) effect. The good thing is that, it will limit the amount of spammers who only wants to rank up and it would make the users more motivated to come up with a quality post. The bad thing is that, newbies might find it hard to rank up and since there is no criteria for a "merit-worth" post it will be up to the standard of the other user. Anyway, I guess we just have to get used to it and do something that can help the forum.

Hazeey

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:20:02 PM

I think it will be a good system. Even in just the short time I've been here I can tell that no one is actually engaging in active discussion. There are threads with 8-10 pages and people on page 7 are repeating the same things that were said on page 2. No one is actually going to threads to engage with people, they were just going to get their post count up. This is not healthy for forum.

https://stakeunited.com/stixx
NutellaboY

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:20:19 PM

What's the problem for you, guys, to use search instead of creating the same threads on every board? That was discussed already about a thousands of times.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:55 PM

I was surprise when I saw this. I was like, this thing in not there before, I remember it was only two, the number of post and the activity Smiley. Then come this merit system. I'm sure it will be helpful in order for people to be constructive in their post and not just putting anything under the son. Smiley Let see, for sure this will be part of the qualification in the future.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:40 PM
Merited by Mometaskers (1)

This is an Altcoin Discussion board so topics here shouldn't be about the forum.

Can we just stop creating new threads about merits?

Main discussion about merit here Merit & new rank requirements.   

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:31:31 PM

Go check this thread by theymos. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Also, maybe you might want to move this thread to Meta.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:31:51 PM

The merit point system is just introduced. Most persons have not fully grab the working. It is intended to solve a problem. Over time all workings will be understood and the forum will be better for it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:38:17 PM

Always, when something new appears, it follows a storm of reviews, comments. Some have discontent, some have delight! Now it's really hard to get a new title. Maybe in the future this system will show all its advantages, but for now it is necessary to try to bring to the community the benefits of its informative messages. Wink
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:05:33 PM

This in a way simply removes spammers and those who have multiple accounts and therefore will now have more useful information and comments on the topic.
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:10:21 PM

This in a way simply removes spammers and those who have multiple accounts and therefore will now have more useful information and comments on the topic.
That is true new Merit system not only reduce spamming posts but it getting harder for ranks upgrade because there is specific measures required for that in the new system , lets do the best to make this forum as first learning resources for newbies and answering questions about bitcoin\Altcoins .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vasell

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:24:28 PM

I think the new idea of assessing posts is uniquely good, but it needs improvement because it has weak points.
 For example .. because of the shortage of holders.

There are very few sources now, how can they be earned .. which can cause additional speculation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: