Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:53:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2592 times)
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:50:07 AM

Bounties are preserved and this only affects paid ads. Facebook does not intend to block or create restrictions on crypto content
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:51:19 AM

Getting annoyed of them already though. I would like to research on my own and not be bombarded by these ads when I'm browsing my feed.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:52:08 AM

on facebook a lot of people are engaged in crypto-currencies, give useful advice, hold meetings and presentations, conduct news channels, are they also subject to sanctions? this is very bad news. and of course for the bounty hunters it's sad.

They only banned the advertisements not the cryptocurrency pages or groups. Those who are concerned about facebook bounty campaign do not need to worry because it is still existing. We create our own content and share the post of the ICO we are promoting so they would not ban it. What they banned are those pages that are promoted because they paid facebook for it to appear in the timeline of the people who are interested in it. There are so many advertisements in facebook nowadays related to cryptocurrency and most of it are coins the same with bitconnect so the decision of facebook is just to prevent people from being scammed.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:58:02 AM

1) based on the amount of unmonitored scams happening on facebook related to the crypto world.
There are so many ponzi, scam project that has been used the name of crypto and they are putting scam banner to make people are unfamiliar with crypto to join on that shit scam project. I've seen it in such pages. And honestly, it's annoying for me.

2) Mass control, they'r trying to keep people out of crypto world, because it may lead on them evading goverment controls over our money.
They're not trying to do that. In my experience about facebook ads and I was feeling inconvenience with so many banners from shit scam ico that appears on facebook anytime.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:14:47 AM

Mark Zuckerberg might be being bullied by his government thats why he did this.Facebook is being regulated by the U.S government thats why his kneck is in their hands.If this really happens to a lot more social media sotes like twitter this might cause to crypto community's collapse.

Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:19:48 AM

I wouldn't worry about it! All written in General terms!And it is not yet clear how they will categorize the information and determine its belonging to the promotions!

iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:20:47 AM

Facebook is a dead platform, they are terrified of the blockchain social network where the PEOPLE get to control and get PAID for access to their info. FUCK Facebook.
Nowherman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:21:05 AM

I hope the Facebook ban on advertising ICO projects will not affect ordinary users who participate in facebook bounty programs. Otherwise, a lot of people will suffer.

Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:21:38 AM

I've had enough of these ICO ads on Facebook.
Facebook is doing a pretty good job, I think, and they might make it a little bit of a legal issue, because the SEC intends to restrict ICO.

Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:30:25 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

This is gonna be a big problem for newbies, aside from the fact that they will have a hard time ranking up, now they cannot even join a facebook campaign.

There is still twitter campaign that they can join.
Past this news can really affect the crypto exist. Because indirectly this will lead newbie think twice to invest in cryptocurrency.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:32:51 AM

Its not big tragedy, twitter more popular social network for cryptocurrency, now mostly named cryptotwitter.

Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:13:44 AM

Oh its hot news. So now there wont be any facebook campaign in upcoming ICO bounties?Anyway good move from facebook. They should have done this before.
I guess so. We won't see soon anymore the Facebook bounty program offered on every bounty.
Facebook is becoming more strict in terms of rules. They have a lot of users but then implementing these rules will slowly make the enthusiast move to the other social medias to promote their ICO's
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:32:35 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

Facebook is just trying to protect it's reputation since crypto currency market is not stable and has lots of legality issues. Another thing is that some projects that are meant to be a scam uses facebook to advertise their product and since facebook is popular people might think any advertisement coming from this site is legit which is actually a misleading fact.

sweetmakak

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:34:11 AM

Only adds but not groups, paid ads.
Is gonna be better because a lot of scam were around.
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:38:06 AM

I think its weird stance. I mean they were making tonnes of money with these advertisements. Its so weird to see complete ban wave to happen with ads. They could spend time to ban scams.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:56:54 AM

I think it is directed solely at Facebook paid advertisements not necessarily on posts made by Facebook pages or profiles. May be it will not affect ICO bounties on Facebook but rather all deceptive cryptocurrencies related advertisements.
parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:00:07 AM

Mark Zuckerberg isn't a stupid guy and he knows what he's doing.
I agree with his banning on Cryptocurrency Ads because he don't want people and investors fall into fraud and scams because scammers do afford making Ads on Facebook with a little money in order to get a lot of money from Facebook users.
It doesn't mean that Cryptocurrency ICOs are legitimate when they show on Facebook.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:02:34 AM

Considering the popularity and mammoth membership reach and usage of Facebook, i am sure they have very strong reasons behind this step which should change over time accordingly. This new policy prohibits ads that promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading promotional practices. This policy is part of an ongoing effort to improve the integrity and security of their ads, and to make it harder for scammers to profit from a presence on Facebook.
parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:04:13 AM

I think its weird stance. I mean they were making tonnes of money with these advertisements. Its so weird to see complete ban wave to happen with ads. They could spend time to ban scams.

They had use the right call this time.
Facebook Ads should supposedly promote international to local businesses and not financial institution ads.
Scammers could afford to post any Cryptocurrency ads and get higher money from their victims through Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg doesn't want that to happen because the ultimate goal if Facebook is to make people and communities closer and not the tool of ruining people's lives especially in their financial aspects.

IsaacBitcoiner

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:10:30 AM
Merited by ironm@n (2), erik m. (2)

Maybe they're trying to prevent people from investing in scams and highly speculative investments. However, to be fair, they should only ban ads related to ICOs and ponzi schemes, and keep ads related to good cryptos and services related to it, like the ones that seek to provide educational content about cryptocurrencies and trading.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: