Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2591 times)
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:17:48 AM

Not really a good thing for crypto, we've been tested to much how long we support for these. Many argument may happens that falls into like this. So sad for Facebook users promoting crypto which no longer be used, but it won't be our last chance. Still other social medias that still not banning in promoting crypto, maybe we should take advantage on this first before it goes like these.
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:18:57 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

Yes, I agree. it's possible that developers should change the way their campaigns, which involve social media. because after all, some developers are scam, damaging the reputation of crypto itself.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:21:33 AM

Facebook's ban on ICO advertising is normal.
Because Facebook is limited to national laws, and it is well known that countries are planning to regulate ICO, Facebook could face legal problems if it continues to advertise.

Yes, but advertising might be limited to specific country, so they do not need totally ban it.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:43:59 AM

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

man oh man, this is such a bad news for us crypto people. not because most of us do facebook campaigns, but because a lot of crypto currencies out there rely on social media sites like facebook to advertise their coins and and spread awareness about it and the crypto world as a whole. not to mention those icos that creates those facebook campaigns to bring in greater traffic or supporters and investors to their projects. i just hope that other social media platforms would not be doing things like this. because clearly, this alone will have a huge impact on the crypto world. i cannot imagine how much damage it will cause if ever other social media platforms go on and do the same as facebook.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:40 AM

As far to what i have read according to them they wont allow any paid advertisements related to cryprocurrencies but you can still promote usinf your own profiles,you can still post,share links of cryptocurrencies in the facebook.This will only affect the paid adcertisers nur if youbare only a bounty hunter there will no negative effect to you.

dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:48:20 AM

I think Facebook is doing their job.
Facebook is bringing people closer to the communities so they don't want people get scammed and ruin their financial status.
I know scammers can afford on advertising their bogus ICOs through Facebook because they could get a lot of money as investments.

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:48:49 AM

Honestly, who cares. Facebook is a centralised machine, as you can see. They are planning to most likely launch their own ICO, thats what im guessing is happening here.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

From what i have read,facebook will only BAN those paid advertisement but not totally ban all crypto related posts,pages,and groups this wont affect us if we are only bounty hunters becausw we can still promote these ICOs using our profiles facebook says they wont paid advertisementa from these ICOS.This means you can still use your own profiles,pages, and facebook groups and you wont get banned if you do this in your own will.

Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:59:54 AM

I am just checking and find that some posts are blocked by Facebook but not every post is deleted or removed, may be face book finding some spamming in some posts and those posts are deleted.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
snowbubble

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:04:29 AM

Seems to many scam in ico advertised in Facebook and they want to get rid of it, plus Facebook looking to create their own crypto coin so its common to ban all  others.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

Oh its hot news. So now there wont be any facebook campaign in upcoming ICO bounties?Anyway good move from facebook. They should have done this before.

To me understanding there will be still facebook campaign, only facebook paid ads advertisement is blocked. The dev team will no longer be able to promote their ICO in facebook.

I heard facebook will issue their own crytocurrency, is this move part of that plan of them? Perhaps they want to promote their own coin later LOL

mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:07:01 AM

Facebook's ban on ICO advertising is normal.
Because Facebook is limited to national laws, and it is well known that countries are planning to regulate ICO, Facebook could face legal problems if it continues to advertise.

Yes, but advertising might be limited to specific country, so they do not need totally ban it.
New information about the new Facebook policy, they completely blocked the crypto on their social networks. Because there are so many people trying to create projects to scam investors.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:08:26 AM

I am not very surprised. Mark Zuckerberg has proven himself to be a very anti-Bitcoin individual. Perhaps his hostility to Bitcoin results from the fact that his rivals (Cameron Winklevoss and Tyler Winklevoss) have benefited enormously from the recent price rise of BTC.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:13:16 AM

Really that facebook ban cryptocurrency? I am so sad with this news because I like joining social media campaign and I get many more profits from them  Roll Eyes
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:13:36 AM

It's about paid advertising and it will not affect those bounty hunters who place posts about the ICO on the wall of their account.
Iqram fahmisyi

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:18:30 AM

this is news that is not very fun,just waiting for time,the may campaign facebook will be wiped out in the ico.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

It's about paid advertising and it will not affect those bounty hunters who place posts about the ICO on the wall of their account.

May be you are right, but this put your account at risk! (you never know what facebook policemen can think).
More over, if something is not acceptable for paid ads, probably it's not acceptable for usual posts.
Take care.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
koloNikolo

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

Bounty hunters has to pay little more attention on post they're doing. As I know FB not gonna kill the hunters if they don't use hashtags (#ICO #pre-ICO etc) and open advertisement of the projects. So from today you have to forget about word "ICO" to change for "project" or "company". "Coin" would be ok to change on "token" or "currency" and check what you typing on ur reposts. If you're smart and doing not blind reposting you even not will feel the changes.

Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

It shows that the more days that crypto currency ads are already looks like a spam in social media.. which's not necessarily the truth, and could be due the facebook is not so interested in crypto currency which's already a lot of scam and it would be more harmful to the more people again if still allowed.
However I've an thought.. it could have been a temporary I guess.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

I am not sure about that news that Facebook ban crypto currency ads because i am still seeing ads on my Facebook of various ICO'S. But if you really happen then this will be very negative step for bitcoin because Facebook is the major source of social media and all over the world people are using Facebook and if such thing was happen then i am sure it will be only because of Some scam ICO's.  There should be some rules for launching ICO's so that scam ICO's problem was go to end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: