Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2588 times)
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:00:34 AM

facebook and ads bans ad it is very disappointing, because we know if the current largest social media held by facebook, and there prospective investors can be easy to meet and see the ad. but now we have to accept the reality if facebook acts so we can only see ads elsewhere not in facebook and ads.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marioboro

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:11:26 AM

They ban crypto ads = they lost good income and maybe it is good news for other social medias. Basically the reason of the ban is acceptable, because they do not want to advertise something that may make users lose money. Maybe facebook teams need to hire experienced people about crypto to manage crypto adds to filter which ads is not good to be on facebook. Obviously it is not a guarantee that the ads will not be a scam, but at least they can minimize it and still earning from crypto.

Facebook's ban on crypto ads is not so surprising at all. We should take into account that Facebook is an American company, therefore following its home country's laws and regulations, and as of right now, USA has not been very cooperative to crypto. It is being prudent until regulations are set or the market is already stable.
AtBitMos

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:15:26 AM

All the fud OMG.. Its like crypto is a demon that needs a shutdown! Whats wrong with governments around the world! Crypto is big news everywhere and it seems they (governments) are spreading FUD and facebook is helping them!
Muruga

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:17:57 AM

Bad news. I think all social networks will soon follow the example of Facebook and ban advertising of
crypto-currencies and ICO projects. Then they start looking for bounty hunters and blocking their accounts.
On the other hand, there are so many scammers on the Internet who, in the guise of ICO, steal money from users.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

I don;t think it going to affect much, first of all most of the facebook users are teenager, and i never seen any crypto related ads on fb. So it wasn't used that much i guess, however ICO's main fund come from bitcoin talk forum and Telegram and Twitter.

I'm a member of over a hundred cryptocurrency group pages. I see ads everyday all over my timeline. New ICOs everyday, cryptocurrency is all over my FB account. I got into cryptocurrency through FB and been an FB support for a few coins. So for me an ICO's success also depends on its power through social media.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

this is such a bad news for the whole community,as crypto was introduced well via facebook in past,i wonder what will the effect of this action to us and how will the users react on this..facebook is the most used social media advertiser for this forum and without this means 1/4 of popularity in future has gone.i wish that facebook will reconsider this action as we are both need each others
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:36:01 AM

However it is so sad for bounty hunters. Facebook is trying to control information all over the world.
And may be they develop new project and want to get rid of competition.
But at the same time it is worth considering that Facebook is limited to national laws of different countries.
ok bozz

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:36:34 AM

I feel this seems to be true because I myself experience things like that but I'm still not sure because I do not see for sure what is the right cause.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:39:10 AM

However it is so sad for bounty hunters. Facebook is trying to control information all over the world.
And may be they develop new project and want to get rid of competition.
But at the same time it is worth considering that Facebook is limited to national laws of different countries.
No it's not facebook only bans the paid crypto ads they will not publish it anymore for bounty huntey can share or post about crypto

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:43:50 AM

I don;t think it going to affect much, first of all most of the facebook users are teenager, and i never seen any crypto related ads on fb. So it wasn't used that much i guess, however ICO's main fund come from bitcoin talk forum and Telegram and Twitter.

I'm a member of over a hundred cryptocurrency group pages. I see ads everyday all over my timeline. New ICOs everyday, cryptocurrency is all over my FB account. I got into cryptocurrency through FB and been an FB support for a few coins. So for me an ICO's success also depends on its power through social media.

I think it will have a negative effect for a little while but I'm sure people who used Facebook a lot for crypto will adapt and turn to other means of communication such as Telegram that is really good imo.

qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:14:38 AM

We also will not be able to participate in Facebook's bounty activity if the FB forbids the encryption of money ads. ICO also reduces the platform for promotion programs, which is unfair to those who make money in the bounty and is not conducive to the development of the project team.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:16:32 AM

Yes, this event is really very, very sad, because after all many projects allocate special money for participation in the programs of support of projects. But now let's hope that the budget does not decrease from this
Lemer

Activity: 139

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

Has Facebook banned ICO advertising?
I can still see some ads about ICO on Facebook.
But Facebook prohibits the ICO advertising for the encryption of cryptocurrency markets. is huge, investors have lost confidence, so there is no new investors, perhaps ICO bubble will rupture.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

To be sincereI was becoming concerned with the high level of scam ads flowing around on the platform, even on my phone the number of ICO ads I received is disturbing, the issue now is people need to focus more on the substance the project is offering, if the product is sound the reward will follow, but now what most of them do is Ponzi IMO
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

It's bad, i think all we know social media is the good way to promote any products. Moreover, social media like facebook is a lot of people who use it and can spread quickly. But when I open facebook there are still ads related to ICO and such. Perhaps this has not been fully enforced.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

its a hot news, because it came on off a suddenly. but the rate in which ads is pumping in facebook it now causing spam and scammers are using the opportunity to scam investor, which is not a good reputation for facebook so i dont think is a bad ideal.
weinuogpein0375

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:37:48 AM

It's hard to believe because this is really a bad news. What's worse, it may influence the price of the coins.I think it will be hars for me to get enough information without facebook.

bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

facebook banning icos is good move now fake icos wont come in market and so newbies wont get afforded last year 2017 many fake icos came into market which lead to scams and newbies are burnt heavily
paulmusa25

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:48:50 AM

I think they will ban only those spam referral links on facebook that is connected on initial coin offerings, coin promoting, company investment. Also I'm worrying about facebook campaign on some projects. But we'll see if my opinion is correct regarding this issue.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:51:48 AM

It's hard to believe because this is really a bad news.
You have to believe because it was for real. We don't know what's facebook is gonna do in the near future by declaring that all crypto sponsored ads will be banned in their network.
What's worse, it may influence the price of the coins.I think it will be hars for me to get enough information without facebook.
The price has been influenced by too many factors and news is one of it and we already seeing that the price starts to move negatively again and this reddy days will remain and unpredicted on how long will be done.
I think they will ban only those spam referral links on facebook that is connected on initial coin offerings, coin promoting, company investment.
Every related crypto paid ads will be disabled.
Also I'm worrying about facebook campaign on some projects.
Are you joining those facebook campaigns? You don't have to worry about it, there's no affection with it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: