Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:36:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2591 times)
bithuner

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:04:51 PM

I am shocked they did this because it is quick easy money for them. But I am happy the fact that I will see less spammy adverts from ICOs that I am not interested in.

But they are only banning paid adverts, the groups and bounties will stay there so I don't think it will have a huge impact on ICOs. I also expect twitter will follow suit.
Olega252

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

This is most likely due to a telegram, the news went about ICO TON, and here facebook also wanted to make its own crypto currency, displacing the entire market, but it's just a catch-all, until all the official

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptojeebus

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:09:30 PM

I think once they figure out a way to separate "good" crypto ads from "scam" ads, they will bring it back. It's too much money that they will leave on the table if they don't.
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:15:10 PM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

But they continue to advertise scams, facebook is not a good source of news anyway and people who tends to use facebook prioritize socialization and entertainment stuffs.
I don't think bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies needs to be seen that much in facebook platform.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:19:04 PM

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

Forget about Facebook crypto adverts because CLOUT is out specifically for crypto currency related advertisements so there is nothing to worry about. You can get more information about CLOUT services via my current signature.

trungthanh

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:20:11 PM

I think it's not make BTC down price.
yoyolife121

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:27:23 PM

of course they did you know why because i believe they are making a currency of their own and trying to get in the door like other multi national companies
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:31:46 PM
Merited by Bastime (1), ramini (1)

I don't really find any bad intentions for Facebook on banning Cryptocurrencies because they just don't their common mission and vision, bringing people closer to the communities.
Let's face it! More ICOs are scams and fraud and Facebook doesn't want to help those scammers could take advantage the people's weaknesses on investing into Cryptocurrencies.
Banning these ICO ads could protect Facebook from people's reaction after they fall into scam.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:32:49 PM

I think that's a very good move by Facebook and Instagram. I saw a lot of scam ICO advertisement there, it was very annoying. I hope Google will follow same thing and we won't see any scam ICO advertisement in Google adsense/adwords spaces. They have to regulate ads to protect potential customers.
MarckSpencer

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:29:02 PM

I think that's a very good move by Facebook and Instagram. I saw a lot of scam ICO advertisement there, it was very annoying. I hope Google will follow same thing and we won't see any scam ICO advertisement in Google adsense/adwords spaces. They have to regulate ads to protect potential customers.

That's for sure. But, this news came just in time. Do not you think it suspicious? Simply the market is in the dump, and then slid another few points down. Very quickly go bad news and go one by one...
mycoinlife

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:33:06 PM

so they have placed their foot in the door they are making a currency of their own
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:33:29 PM

so they have placed their foot in the door they are making a currency of their own
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:42:44 PM

Facebook banned cryptocurrency ads because they want to distance themselves from the scam that sometimes came from it. Mark Zuckerberg now did not copy Winklevoss twins have done to Bitcoin unlike before when he copies ConnectU. First I am thinking that he will create his own ICO of Facebook but it does not happen.

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:21:26 PM

That's for sure. But, this news came just in time. Do not you think it suspicious? Simply the market is in the dump, and then slid another few points down. Very quickly go bad news and go one by one...

I don't think that affect crypto-currency prices. Something needs to be done and they took an action, this is not an unexpected move. Price crash depend on the bubble phase, all coins were overpriced. Correction was needed.
TwoSides

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:27:13 PM

Facebook is bound by government so I think they are just following the rules so that they won't have government issues later. I'm actually getting tired of seeing crypto ads on my newsfeed so I think I am one of those people that is happy to see my newsfeed clean from crypto ads.
trungthanh

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

of course they did you know why because i believe they are making a currency of their own and trying to get in the door like other multi national companies
I heard someone say that Facebook will have a own coin of them and maybe because of that they ban ads about other coin.
trungthanh

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:08:58 AM

Bounties are preserved and this only affects paid ads. Facebook does not intend to block or create restrictions on crypto content
Maybe the next time ICOs will think other way to do bounties on Facebook.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:09:22 AM

Facebook will only prohibit ICO related advertisement to their paid advertising program,but it doesnt mean you cannot post or share links that has cryptocurrency related topics in your profile,you will still be able to do things as usual because advertisers that are using the facebook paid services would be affected by this restriction.

PapaJ

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:13:51 AM

Maybe they are trying to limit themselves from fraud on the part of the same ICO, but everyone understands that the future is crypto-currency, and by limiting themselves, they remain in place.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:38:35 AM

Facebook doesnt restrict people or users to post share and link any cryptocurrency ICO related links in facebook and that means you can still post as usual the only thing they resticted or prohibited,are accepting new ICO related advertisement thru their paid advertising program,so most of the campaign managers in facebook would only be affected by this ban,but not the usual users like us.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: