Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The trillion dollar question: What w'd be the impact of Facebook ban on ICO Ads?  (Read 417 times)
Opurum (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:41:12 AM

Most of us in the cryptocurrency business anticipated and even predicted that 2018 could be the golden dawn of cryptocurrency. But things seems not to be going in the expected direction following series of unfavorable winds currently blowing against the industry. First, it was the aborted move by some authorities in Seoul to ban cryptocurrency trading in South Korea, followed by some pessimists remarks on cryptocurrency made by some high influence figures in the financial sphere. And then the record breaking hack of a Japanese exchange with about 530 mln dollars reported stolen. These incidences have shaken up the cryptocurrency market and significantly shrinking the total market cap from over $799bn in the first week of January 2018 to under $600bn at present. Now, the winds against cryptocurrency continues to rage as social media giant Facebook bans all cryptocurrency Ads and ICOs. Bombshell!

The trillion dollar question now is, how would these developments and particularly the ban on crxptocurrency Ads by Facebook impact our beloved industry, considering the fact that the industry and ICO promoters rely on Facebook to reach over 2.7 bn people?

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:16:30 AM

I think it will only feed into the assumption that its all a huge ponzi and scam, aswell as that we're likely to see less new money come enter the market. In the longrun it only means you can buy more of the crypto's you believe will have a future impact and make a larger profit, I guess.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:46:35 AM

lol if you need face book ads to alert you to new opportunities and you have not heard and looked into btc by now you are either

1. old and don't understand internets and puters

2. lacking basic skills so are probably broke with no money to invest.

face book was good but in the end just brought in a load of freeloaders and general undesirables for this arena

face book banning anything demonstrates it is more centralised garbage ready to be made obsolete.

Opurum (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:37 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 05:07:21 AM by Opurum

I think it will only feed into the assumption that its all a huge ponzi and scam, aswell as that we're likely to see less new money come enter the market. In the longrun it only means you can buy more of the crypto's you believe will have a future impact and make a larger profit, I guess.

And I think there is need for ICO companies to perform credibly and live up to there bidding in other to correct such negative assumptions. Though, there are bad apples spoiling the whole bunch right now Cryptocurrency and ICOs can still prove to be the finest innovations in the global financial system and project financing. All that is needed is for the system to rid itself of bad eggs and this it must do by itself.
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:03:00 AM

but can you find out where the news is about the ban? Because many Bounty companies are made into Facebook. And while there is no blocking of accounts and posts for advertising ICO.

Opurum (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:03:40 AM

lol if you need face book ads to alert you to new opportunities and you have not heard and looked into btc by now you are either

1. old and don't understand internets and puters

2. lacking basic skills so are probably broke with no money to invest.

face book was good but in the end just brought in a load of freeloaders and general undesirables for this arena

face book banning anything demonstrates it is more centralised garbage ready to be made obsolete.

Yes, I get your view but that's not exactly the point. We do not need Facebook to alert us of new opportunities, but we sure do need it to bring in new investors and new money into the market.
Opurum (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:08:28 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 04:09:37 AM by Opurum

but can you find out where the news is about the ban? Because many Bounty companies are made into Facebook. And while there is no blocking of accounts and posts for advertising ICO.

The ban was announced on Facebook's official blog some hours ago and reported by CCN.com news.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:09:47 AM

The end of shady ICOs are over now. With so many countries coming up with regulations I think we will get to see a much cleaner market from now on. No more huge scams and legit ICOs after 2018. I just hope this will help crypto and develop more towards a mature market.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:18:27 AM

I think Facebook will not do it because they raised much money from ICO ads. I look all ICO used facebook ads and google ads to promote their ICO and they paid to FB and google for that. So in my opinion not possible FB and Google ban ICO advertising.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:26:54 AM

Facebook ad ban is just news where fudsters take advantage but Japanese exchange hack and South Korean issues are genuine reason for marketcap downfall .facebook Adnan doesn’t effect cryptocurrency growth.
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:11:12 AM

Mainly it will affect participants ' bounty campaigns. Advertising on Facebook, of course has a role, but not as noticeable. The price of the cryptocurrency, the ban is not strongly affected.
Opurum (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:03:16 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 05:20:48 AM by Opurum

I think Facebook will not do it because they raised much money from ICO ads. I look all ICO used facebook ads and google ads to promote their ICO and they paid to FB and google for that. So in my opinion not possible FB and Google ban ICO advertising.

From a corporate perspective public interest overides profit making. And going by the report it appears facebook was compelled by a toughening SEC stance on cryptocurrency.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:08:54 AM

Already the price bitcoin is falling and it maybe due to the impact of ads ban in facebook.But ICO project are going to make more loss due to this banning of ads than the cryotocurrency because social media plays a big role in ICO sale and it brings more investors to its projects.
CinemaAI

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:12:07 AM

All of the first items you listed were of substantial significance to the crypto community. But not the last time. Facebook is mainly a source of interpersonal gossip between people within their social group. It has never been a serious source of real information, especially about anything investment related.
iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:14:02 AM

Everyone knows that Facebook, Google, Amazon have been propped up by the government for YEARS! The reason being, is they have helped in spying on the American people.

Cyrpto is a very real threat to their business. They will resist.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

Google or facebook is a tool engine comunication to all people around the world such as searching ,browsing and sufing in any information you want it. I think the isue of baned will be resolve later on hence the message of impact addresses to those ICO project to pay some amount to google and facebook ads and may be this will be the end of fraudulent ICO project because they don't have a money to pay for that advertisement.

It means legit ICO project is not totally affected.

Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:08:18 AM

Facebook ban on ICO Ads in my view is definitely bad news in the short term.
It will lead to a drop in the price of the whole encrypted money market, but because ICO has a lot of fraudulent projects, it is also necessary for Facebook to ban the ICO, otherwise it will face legal problems.
Investors across the market are starting to lose confidence, so prices will continue to fall.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

Most of us in the cryptocurrency business anticipated and even predicted that 2018 could be the golden dawn of cryptocurrency. But things seems not to be going in the expected direction following series of unfavorable winds currently blowing against the industry. First, it was the aborted move by some authorities in Seoul to ban cryptocurrency trading in South Korea, followed by some pessimists remarks on cryptocurrency made by some high influence figures in the financial sphere. And then the record breaking hack of a Japanese exchange with about 530 mln dollars reported stolen. These incidences have shaken up the cryptocurrency market and significantly shrinking the total market cap from over $799bn in the first week of January 2018 to under $600bn at present. Now, the winds against cryptocurrency continues to rage as social media giant Facebook bans all cryptocurrency Ads and ICOs. Bombshell!

The trillion dollar question now is, how would these developments and particularly the ban on crxptocurrency Ads by Facebook impact our beloved industry, considering the fact that the industry and ICO promoters rely on Facebook to reach over 2.7 bn people?

Well the only negative impact with this ads ban would be the promotions of these new ICOs,because facebook has the biggest part of the modern promotional activities in cryptoccurency projects.ICO managers would have no choice but to remove facebook social media campaigns for the bounty hunters leaving twitter and bitcointlak alone.

Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:30:22 AM

Sincerely I don't see the Facebook ban as any serious issue because taking a look at the number of investors coming from Facebook ads is relatively low compare to what bitcointalk and  telegram is offering. There are other social media platforms to promote ICOs rather than Facebook.

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:35:52 AM

Many of us have facebook. Of course if you lose the ICO adds to facebook large impact on the ICO since weakened the reach of their adds. But at the same time it will be a good thing because ICO scams will disappear and there are other alternatives that can be added to ICO adds like twitter.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀