Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: facebook bans bitcoin  (Read 1789 times)
sicnarfkswiss (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:00:39 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
asdfbna

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:32:14 AM

Facebook said it will block all ads on its platform that involve digitally encrypted currency, including bitcoin, in an effort to discourage advertisers from promoting ads that the company calls "financial products and services often associated with misleading and deceptive promotion" .
sadacoin

Activity: 145
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:35:43 AM

Facebook will work to understand which ads are deceptive or misleading, and gradually promote the policy. Facebook, including its other platforms, including Instagram, will not allow ads like "buy bitcoins with your retirement fund!"
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:42 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?
Obviously! It is true Facebook is officially announced in the website. I think many companies are promoting the Facebook via but they don't spend any investment in social medias so Facebook should regulate the advertisement. It is draw back of Facebook campaign and many promotors are affected in this news. This is actual status in the crypto market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:40:29 AM

facebook prohibits ads for crypto currency including bitcoin because more and more ICO who do fraud, therefore facebook prohibits advertising all digital currency
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:41:58 AM

I have read a post about it in coindesk.com. It says "Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others."  The news link is (https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/)
Achazia brigit

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:43:57 AM

hi,Buddies

i think

i agree with facebook , honestly it adv very distrubing while you browser on facebook
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:50:02 AM

I believe this is a attempt to dishonest the whole crypto currency that is taking over the different platforms. Mr. Mark seems to be jealous (I think) and do not like the idea of decentralised platform really.

Lately there has been launch of many social platforms which are based on the decentralised block chain but Facebook never liked the idea of it as its killing the market of the Facebook with the full fledge.

There is social, nexus and many more platforms which are crowdfunding based along with he premium services of crypto based tokens. Im sure they are getting feel for that and doing this all to protect the monopoly of Facebook.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:04:10 AM

i think that's not true because i advertise some ico today and it will works so that is only a fake news to destroy crypto currency including bitcoin.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:08:58 AM

Really? they are banning all advertisements regarding to cryptocurrencies yet they are planning to create their own cryptocurrency?

Although the advantage of this is to lessen the scam ICO from getting investors. As well as stop promoting HYIP programs. But this would be sad for those who have legit projects which gain support from facebook users.

I just hope they would get a better result for this.

Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:09:42 AM

i think that's not true because i advertise some ico today and it will works so that is only a fake news to destroy crypto currency including bitcoin.
It should be noted that all the sponsored links they will be considered in the course of the day. It is possible that soon there will be bot that will delete messages with certain words and hashtags. So don't be surprised when your reposts will not be available for viewing, and you will receive a message that your record has been deleted because it was spam.
acell101

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:16:25 AM

ohh thats why I dont see some bitcoin post in my fb account now..I think this is a bad Idea for us because facebook is used by many, this is the site having the largest numbers of netizens. Facebook can help a lot in promoting bitcoins to be known by many. There were many scammers in facebook and they use both facebook and bitcoin to scam but there were also some ads on facebook regarding bitcoins that can help us. I found this news soo sad.
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:18:50 AM

Yes, it's true:

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others"

And the reason is here:

"This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram," he wrote. "We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve."

This maybe the reason BTC dip today below 10k$.

jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:24:12 AM

According to facebook, they are just trying to protect their users,  because of too many ICO and there's no clear regulation about upcoming ICO.
more details: https://www.ccn.com/facebook-takes-aim-at-icos-cryptocurrencies-in-new-ad-guidelines/

Do you think it's temporary or permanent?
Dudy

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

Yes but I think bitcoin is trying to protect his user from those scam user with fake ICO
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

This is the news link is (https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/)

"We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception. That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith." - Rob Leathern Facebook's Product Management Director.

This will really affect those who are in Facebook campaigns but its their way to protect their users. I really hope its just temporary.  Cry
blinchain

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:50:33 AM
Merited by ommochain (3)

I think that because of the uncertainty in too many ICOs and the existence of deceptive ingredients, Facebook has decided not to promote it at all, but it does not exclude Facebook's own intention to launch its own cryptocurrency.
chacha66

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:56:53 AM

It wouldn’t surprise me if they were going to put out there iwn cryptocurrency. But then it could be part of a wider plan - a lot of FUD out there right now, this guy is adding to it. Its not like they care or have morals when it comes to advertising money, remember the russian bots and all fake news stories from estonia - they never pulled them cause there were creating traffic. Lets see
carpencod

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:32 AM

I agree with facebook, too many dumb people on facebook that invest their money on rumours and without understanding the technology behind blockchain.

Protect uninformed people from losing money.
mochisamichi

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:12:59 AM

On January 31 in 2018
Facebook has banned ads that promote bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in an effort to protect its users from “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: