Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: facebook bans bitcoin  (Read 1788 times)
Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:18:52 AM

is this information true and reliable? if true, I did not believet the owner facebook changed with fast, a few days ago mark wanted to learn crypto, but now he ban bitcoin and crypto advertising in facebook. what does he want? does he want the crushed crypto world? anybody please answer ! i am not understand with this condition !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shasimiky

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:21:59 AM
Merited by zais (1)

It is true.  BuzzFeed News highlighted how some of these Facebook ads were peddled bitcoin-related disinformation and fake news touting cryptocurrency services and initial coin offerings (ICOs). "We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception," Robert Leathern, a Facebook product management director, said in a blog post company. "That said, there are many companies that are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:23:29 AM

Yes, it's true:

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others"

And the reason is here:

"This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram," he wrote. "We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve."

Yes its true and i think the reasons was as they described it from this post. They need to work better to detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, because there are lots of scamming ICOs and not to mention the falling behind ponzi ICOs Bitconnect which advertised everywhere. But i dont think its permanent as they say that they will revisit the policy, since they only wanted to protect their customer trust to what advertisement that has been spamming all the facebook wall.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:26:43 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?

Yes, not only bitcoin but all crypto currency. It was officially announce by them. I am pretty sure this will have a huge negativw impact on the market. I think what they should do is sperate scam  ads to the legit ones. On how they will do that i do not but they are a huge company and surely they can come up with some idea on hw to do it.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:27:48 AM

Facebook is a worst social media site, really hate it. And now they are doing this. I will delete my page, because it's gone so far.
pranaja

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

Yes, true
but it does not seem to be permanent still reviewing the rules according to the dynamics
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?

Seems not really block the whole thing but those advertisement only. You can still post but you cannot lure investors. Maybe Facebook will just to unload and reduce traffic on their system.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
connesa

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:35:12 AM

just to make it clear facebook now doesnt allow any promotional post regarding any digital crypto...so its just the advertisement of bitcoins and other ico.to avoid further scamming issues and those ponzi schemes.this will surely have begative impact.well we will all see what will gonna happen next.
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:36:19 AM

Facebook simply wants to identify which ICO projects are fraudulent, so pushing the ads could face users' complaints.
And the regulatory policies of ICO are being implemented, and Facebook doesn't want to face the law.

Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:42:07 AM

Can someone make it clear for me. I have read a thread a while ago saying that the only ads thay will be ban are the paid ads and not the ads coming from the post of the ICO from their page. Can anybody make this clear for me. Is it the paid ads only that will be ban or even the shared posts (Facebook Campaign)??

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:44:31 AM

I think Its not true because almost everyday minute  when i open my Facebook there so many advertising there in any kind of Crypto. If it is true why some other bounties have really connect for facebook and other site like tweeter and and Instagram, so all of that information was fake! and really not true  

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:46:00 AM
Merited by AakZaki (2)

Facebook implements a new policy that prohibits advertising about digital currency aka cryptocurrency appear on its social network. That is, no more ads that promote the use of bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, and the like that circulated on Facebook.

According to Facebook, cryptocurrency is nothing more than a financial product associated with misleading promotional practices. So, if allowed to advertise on its platform, Facebook means to share the things that are not true
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:47:47 AM

Wow what FUD  Grin Well, I guess if you have nothing real to say you just make things up. It's a very different thing to band ads of specific nature than Bitcoin in any sense of it. OP should really alter the title because now it's highly misleading.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:49:29 AM

I do not think Mark did announce that. Or maybe, facebook is trying to lower the prices as well so that they can buy at a low price?
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:50:19 AM

If Facebook is going this route, then its they must have thought it through as a lot of people have used that avenue to scam people out of their resources. I have seen ads on Facebook, and I just know this is a scam adverts but what of people who don't know. A lot of Ponzi scheme is being advertised there with even a Facebook page to deceive people. The fall out from this will just be the ones that would be affected and the dent its causing to the image of bitcoin generally.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:51:58 AM

Facebook and instagram prohibit advertising of cryptocurrency and ICO. Facebook removes posts with advertising ICO.
As Bitcoin.com notes, Its users tend to be less sophisticated than those who frequent other social networks, and are easy prey for scammers, charlatans, and snake oil salesmen.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:57:59 AM

Ouch... I think that removing ads for a digitla good from a digital platform could hurt more than the usual rumors we see.
Earlier this year Zuckerberg said about crypto currencies that they 'take power from centralised systems and put it back into people's hands'.
When you look at it from the perspective of facebook, then they pass on the money they could earn through those advertisements.
That throws not a very shiny light on crypto.

It's me!!!
JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:02:11 AM

I seen ads still. Is this useful for them as it is for me? It was a good source of ico

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/30/16950926/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-bans-crypto-advertising-bitcoin-james-altucher
I agree with this. Facebook is still showing ads about cryptocurrencies and other tips about trading and investing. It's a good source for bounty hunters or crypto hunter to find ICOs. Facebook will not ban it, why? Because they're earning because of it and it is the biggest news in the world.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:12:46 AM

It seems facebook avoiding people to get a fraud ico. And still something like that is HYIP so they dont want something like that to easy people to join

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

This is another plot to bring cryptocurrency down but I know there is away out for us in crypto community.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: