Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:27:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: facebook bans bitcoin  (Read 1794 times)
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:35:00 AM

All those restrictions all over the world and now Facebook new policy seems like worldwide campaign against crypto, it is way to decrease price artificially :/
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:01:09 AM

I never came across a news stating that facebook banning btc advertisements maybe because i am not an active user of facebook. I think it is a fake news as btc is not doing something which is against the law moreover i inquired with my friends who are working with facebook and they said that they never came across such information and they said its a fake news spreading around . Infact  facebook always promote ads as it also help them generate revenue paid advertisements is providing them income and  they always promote such things and it is never going to get banned.

Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:06:10 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?

a lot of facebook articles will ban ads about bitcoin, maybe facebook owner wants to get shares from the advertisement or want facebook far from scam, because many just spam bitcoin posting on facebook, but i do not know for sure, i just thought from my analysis why out article like that
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:22:54 AM

Is it true that facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin ? but why?

I still see a lot of ads in Facebook. I don't see Facebook banning all the cryptocurrency advertisements, because once they do that, they have to ban all sorts of advertisements as well, because it would be unfair. Also, the way I see it, as long as Facebook still earns from it, they wouldn't stop or ban it.

manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:53:06 AM

I heard facebook is studying cryptocurrency and possibly also facebook want to make digital currency or own facebook coin that is similar to cryptocurrency, I personally still not so know what happened with facebook but some ICO still exist in facebook.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:01:07 PM

facebook ban btc. because they protect their user rights. Many individuals and organizations have taken advantage of facebook to engage in investment projects ico token unknown origin. I think facebook they are doing right.
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:01:31 PM

I don't think it's a smart thing to do.

Everyone is finding ways and means to embrace the crypto era in one way or another.

so it will not be prudent completely block crypto ads.

I think its a lazy approach on the side of facebook.

they should rather find a better approach to sieve out the good ads from the scummy ads.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:09:32 PM

Yeah its true, I've seen a news about this issue in my UC Browser's news section. Facebook really prohibited bitcoin, ICO's and other crypto currency advertisements. Facebook will no longer accepts an advertisement from any cryptocurrency. Maybe thats why I have received a message from Facebook the other day saying that my shared post(which is a advertisement of an ICO) Is considered as a spam or something. Maybe its because they banned crypto. This is a bad news for Facebook campaigns participants.

Also if anyone want to know exactly why Facebook banned crypto or you just dont believe it. Prove it to your self that its true. I already prepared the link to a news about this issue. https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/1/30/16951670/facebook-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-ico-deceptive-marketing-ban

404 Not Found
wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:11:13 PM

Yes, facebook official has identified, they are to protect the interests of investors, because there are fake advertisements on digital currency, there are some facebook bounty activities spread fraud, damage the interests of investors, so they want to prohibit the False digital currency advertising and information.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:11:37 PM

i've heard the news that mark zuckerberg (CEO of facebook) started to learning bitcoin and want to add cryptopayment into facebook, but now the news said facebook bans crytpto. and i'm still seeing an ICO or crypto ads in my facebook timeline, almost all of them is crypto in my timeline (maybe because of my recent activity). So i think this news is not true, maybe just some FUD to make bitcoin price go down
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:17:24 PM

If you are involved with crypto industry at least for previous 6 to 10 months and if you are a Facebook user too then you must have noticed the high number of ICO ads in your news feed. It was shown to my friends who have interest in Bitcoin but they don't have any idea about the same. Now, a couple of them actually invested in one ICO believing in growth promised to them in the ad and later that ICO turned out as a scam and they lost their investment. To avoid scammers from using FB business platform, FB decided to ban crypto ads. However, I am expecting moderated/rectified policy from them soon.
Rappyboy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:33:43 PM

I experienced this, i was joining crypto groups and then suddenly facebook asked for my photo for a verification security, obviously i did not upload it, its like facebook is making their own database creepy.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:24:30 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 03:38:38 PM by ruthbabe

I believe this is a attempt to dishonest the whole crypto currency that is taking over the different platforms. Mr. Mark seems to be jealous (I think) and do not like the idea of decentralised platform really.

Lately there has been launch of many social platforms which are based on the decentralised block chain but Facebook never liked the idea of it as its killing the market of the Facebook with the full fledge.

There is social, nexus and many more platforms which are crowdfunding based along with he premium services of crypto based tokens. Im sure they are getting feel for that and doing this all to protect the monopoly of Facebook.

Sorry, Bro but I think your speculations are not true. If you only search the net you will find a lot of news about the subject. Let me quote one from CNBC.com...

Facebook announced a ban on advertisements for "binary options, initial coin offerings and cryptocurrency." The blanket decision is part of the social media giant's efforts to prohibit ads for financial products and services "that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices."

So, there's no total ads ban because you can still see ads about crypto on Facebook. They only prohibit those ads that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.

hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:56:06 PM

I read an article that facebook banned bitcoin, ICO's and other crypto currencies advertisements but I still can see the advertisements of crypto currencies in my messenger. One of the reasons of facebook why did they banned it is to protect the identity of other user and to avoid being scammed and “frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices”. To know more about this topic, click the link below.
Link for the article about bitcoin banned in facebook: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/31/facebook-bans-ads-cryptocurrencies-scams
Coinlover9

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:37:50 AM

They are just trying to create panic among people for their gain.
POS-whale

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:01:10 PM

Facebook is scared of unregulated tech. THey want to be in control of everything, and crypto means no control.
hoangloc19901

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

facebook forbid bitcoin.While they intend to create facebookcoin Huh an unhealthy competition
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:36:06 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 01:50:40 PM by Pattart

Yeah its true i think but it will not happen instantly it may take a couple of weeks or month to get vanished,mark zuckerberg is earning alot from this cyrptocurrency ads he is putting on facebook.There is still a 50/50 chance that mark will not ban it cause of huge part of income will be gone
actually this news has been 2 weeks ago and it has passed. I think the effect of facebook prohibiting the circulating of crypto ads is not very influential on cryptocurrency market. actually the losers are facebook because they do not get benefit from existing crypto ads. so the question for me is facebook do not get any loss of crypto ads are present on their site, but why they banned crypto ads?
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:59:37 PM

They did this because some alt coins and ICOs were misusing it for fooling people. Facebook does not want its users to get scammed with such offers.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
12tribes

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

Yes and they said they weren't going to support any crypto ad any more. Maybe this stemmed from the fact that the market crisis make them think the market is a bubble, but they have missed a major point. Crypto deals in trade just like the forex. It will be a regret later anyway.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: